1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

#auspol

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Mar 10, 2015.

?

auspol?

1. auspol

9.1%
  2. very auspol

3.0%
  3. wow auspol

3.0%
  4. many auspol

6.1%
  5. such auspol

21.2%
  6. lol auspol

48.5%
  7. auspol auspol

9.1%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

wtf Australia? No. Srsly. Wtf. WTF mate?
    http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Bills_LEGislation/Bills_Search_Results/Result?bId=r5408

Basically making it a mandatory 2 year gaol sentence for anyone whistleblowing against the Department of Immigration. Because people exposing the DI of blatantly ignoring repeated instances of strong evidence of child sexual abuse is... somehow a bad thing?

So very mad right now. :>:(:

Also, bonus terribleness:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/0...eaves_australia_utterly_4ked?mt=1428620711726

sigh. I hate AU internet. ;_;

3. So Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran have been executed, along with eight others. I can't say I'm surprised, I'm not particularly pleased about it either.

That said, Australia saw fit to recall our goddamn Ambassador to Indonesia over this?
    What was previously a chafing issue is now a diplomatic incident.

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

#auspol #suchpol >_<

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

[​IMG]
    {edit}
    They've been arrested now for remaining in the office after being asked to leave and refusing.

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

101i likes this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yep. Its a mess, I'm honestly all for getting rid of Tone but I dont like that this has now become a Thing That Is OK And Totally Legal To Do.

101i likes this.
  10. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

we lost boys

:kappa:

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. It has always been a Thing That Is OK And Totally Legal To Do. Gorton lost a spill to McMahon, Hawke lost a spill to Keating, etc etc etc. A thing to remember is that we elect the party, not the prime minister - the party chooses the prime minister and if they end up lacking confidence in him or her they could shuffle at any given time. It's unlikely to happen given the internecine risks of such a thing, but it is a possibility. In Abbott's case, it was decided that he was too weak to face down Shorten, and that Turnbull was more than potent enough to defeat Shorten. I mean, it's not as if Shorten would've been hard to beat anyway, he's a limp wrist incarnate.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

More choose their leader, and their leader is called the prime minister if they're the government, but yeah I understand it's happened a lot in the past, it's just a frustrating mechanism to have enacted at the highest level of government, what, 3 times in just over 5 years or something stupid? Considering how many people seem to treat voting as "which leader is better?" its.. yeah frustrating is the best word I can come up with for it at the moment.

I understand their motives and it makes political sense, I just guess I'm most annoyed that it'll most likely work. Half the people I see commenting on it seem to be in "crisis averted, AU saved" mode. This is literally an out with the old, in with the older situation.

Reudh and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

Ugh. Yes. ::(:

Turnbull is a step up on Abbott and/or Shorten... BUT THAT'S NOT THAT BLOODY HARD TO ACHIEVE!

You only have to look at how Turnbull handled the NBN issue when he was minister for communications: listen to the people, listen to the experts, listen to the everyone--- and then go make your own decision based on (best as I can tell) purely political reasons.

It's not "crisis averted, AU saved", but rather "iceberg avoided; still headed north lol".

Shorten may be a lacklustre slimeball. Abbott may have been an aped up cabbage. But Turnbull is a myopic shark.

Lucky us?

14. The question is "which one is worst?"

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. FuzzyBlueBaron

Definitely. I kinda hope that there's a chance for things to turn around, but it's hard to be sure.

Still, at least we've avoided having Abbott around long enough for him to bill AU for the rest of his life for "services rendered" (read: murdered any last shred of illusion we give a damn about non-rich-white-cunts).

16. Geti

fwiw there's a saving grace to it all; this'll be a huge boot up the arse of labour, who've been languishing for years. Fingers crossed it leads to less schoolkid mouthing off in question time and more reasoned discussion (heated is fine) but I'm not holding my breath.

Reudh likes this.
  17. FuzzyBlueBaron

True, I hadn't thought of the stimulation it might offer Labour. Hmm. Well, I guess any increase in the level of debate counts as a good thing. Better than, as you say, the antics of kindergartners we've been getting for years now. >_>

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

20. Yikes.

Mods: BlueLuigi