1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum XenForo upgraded to 1.5

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Sep 12, 2015.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hello,

I'm here to write long overdue post summarising the changes since the last upgrade. Till now we've been using 1.4.3 XF version. Below you'll find list of links to official threads with changelogs for all the versions we have skipped as well as the current one.
    Of course during this upgrade I've brought up-to-date all of our add-ons. The biggest and the most important one would be of course resource manager.

If you find any bugs - please post them in this thread.

Changes that are still planned:
    • Moving completely to thd.vg domain
    • Changing the forum layout to be more appropriate for THD forums
    • Changing default theme (it was asked for in another thread)
    • Making subforums look like full forums (that might be hard)
    • And other stuff I forgot...
    So please bear with me.

Cheers,
    Furai

2. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

With the new art I don't have direct acces to the inbox and alerts (in the top right corner) on my phone. Instead I only have a box with my username on it and I have to acces alerts and inbox from there. And that can be really painfull when i have slow internet. Is it possible to fix? To make it like old art. Ty

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Post moved from the TR art change announcement.

4. Furai

Hmm, when you're logged on PC you can change your default forum style by going to the bottom left of the page and choosing different forum style there. Before the change the default one was "Casual Fluid". I'm personally using "xenforo default".
    Once you change it to Casual Fluid you'll get your old forum look back.

As to fixing the issue - I don't really know, it's problem with responsive design of the style. Different styles approach this problem in different way. So I'd have to edit manually this style and fix it somehow...or we could buy the style but I don't see the need for it.

SirDangalang and Mariox222 like this.
  5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Solution is simple af:
    2015-09-15-12-25-41.jpg 2015-09-15-12-25-55.jpg
    Just rotate the screen. On portrait mode there's not enough of space to display inbox and alerts. Use landscape mode if you want to check your notifications.
    Everything works as it should, Furai. No fixes are needed. And btw. instead of buying the new style, it would be much better to add a link to the full/desktop version at the bottom.

Galen, FuzzyBlueBaron and Mariox222 like this.
  6. Furai

You can just change user agent, at least in Android it is really easy.

7. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

When trying to setup 2-step verification, it always says my password is wrong when it asks me to "confirm my password before I continue"

Kazaco97 likes this.
  8. Furai

I doubt that 2-step verification will work in the current state. It probably needs custom changes to the xenforo code. Use basic login for now. I'm actually thinking of disabling it forum wide.

9. makmoud98

alright, thats fine

10. Furai

I've looked through options and I can't seem to find a way to disable it. If anyone REALLY thinks it's a needed feature then I'll try to make it compatible with kag2d.com login.
    Personally I don't ever use 2-step verification on any website. I just have strong passwords.

11. makmoud98

I suppose you're right, but IMO some things that are very important to me, like my paypal and kag account, I am willing to do the 2-step verification just in case. either way, if it will take too much effort, don't bother

12. Furai

It's kind of pointless since you don't have 2-step verification anywhere else except for forums.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97