1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] [CTF + Trolls]

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by BlueLuigi, Nov 23, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

Yes sj67, I understand that you realise how awesome my concept "skydive" is, and that due to it's incredible awesomeness it should be applied and implented on every mode and server possible, preferably 24/7. But if you'd do that, the universe would ex- or implode and that's something none of us want. Such awesomess has to be confined, and it's best confined on Team Deathmatch servers. Let's keep it that way. ;)

ps: I don't mind you using the game concept I came up with without credit, but I do very much mind you giving it the exact same name. Names exist to differientate different things.

trelawney likes this.
  2. baranok

baranok Shopkeep Stealer

guys i find current version of mode how to say...BOMBFEST
    cata and archers are now useless, perhaps back the bombs as they were before (A:1 / D:0) ?

Contrary likes this.
  3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This looks promising BlueLuigi. Will give this a try when I get the chance.

EDIT: Yeah bomb spam is no fun.

4. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Yup, no bombs for defenders please.

5. Noburu

Also many of the maps need some dirt background added or something. We ended up having the ground collapse many times. Once it was under blues spawn and we couldnt spawn anymore and I had to hit next map.

6. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I think defenders need some kind of access to bombs (ideally a bomb shop, looks at MM), because it is rediclous that once I get my hands on a bomb, it becomes an endless cycle of blowing up hordes of blue and collecting their dropped bombs to repeat again. But once I die it becomes nearly impossible to replicate again until I come across another bomb through sheer luck.

Furthermore every map is terrible and in favor of defenders. The only map I like is the red castle on left side, with a mild hill and underground passage.

7. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

Here's a map I made, try it out and see if you all like it.

maginot.png

8. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Just woke up, will be changing these.

We had no problems with defenders having bombs when I was on (as long as attackers had more), and attackers still won pretty often (unless someone like Contrary was there :p rushing the flag). It seems that while attackers shouldn't have a castle, it should be a bit harder to get the flag back once you manage to take it as a defender. If unit counts work properly, this wouldn't be as big a problem as attempting to rush the flag would have extremely limited tries. Will need to add a bit more bedrock to maps probably though.

Most of the time red would just sit back and farm the blue knights for bombs and end up with them anyway. The only other thing to try would be no one gets bombs, but have you played knights without bombs? Well, it would be a lot different :)

Listening to suggestions, if anyone wants to try anything it is experimental after all.

10. Noburu

My main issue, as stated was large portions of the map (dirt and bedrock included) collapsing. Other than that, idiots on attackers throwing bombs everywhere at spawn and fucking up my bomb jumping, but thats not something we can fix :huh?:

11. BlueLuigi

We could make better bombs, then again once Geti makes bedrock unbombable, we can use them as launch pads. :)

Noburu likes this.
  12. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

This is one of my favorite servers.

13. Noburu

Same, now if we could cull the retards out!

14. BlueLuigi

I have a feeling people just like Attack/Defend and will not like it as much when I try something new :)

15. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Depends if that something new is.... KAG SOCCER!

Miaow likes this.
  16. BlueLuigi

Sounds fun. (If it's possible!)

Also some changes:
    All knights: 0 hearts
    Red knights: 0 bombs
    Blue knights: 1 bomb
    Red team: 6 units per person
    Blue team: 8 units per person

17. RocketRony

RocketRony Shipwright

I think attackers should have only 1 bombs while defenders 0. and the defenders should have builders with limited abilities .

18. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Thats how it used to be but i like this way better.

19. BlueLuigi

Can't limit builder abilities currently

20. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Mods: jackitch