1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by LostPix, May 9, 2013.

1. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Working on my new map ctf_source

Seriously though, working on scripted maps because Verra
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 21, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 20, 2015 ---

MADE IT MORE REALISTIC

Working on some keg thingy right now, you can go to my youtube if you really want to see it lol but I'll post it once it gets close to working properly

2. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Can you go into more detail on what this is going to be used for?

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Verra and I are making a map pack with "scripted" maps. It's basically a script that runs when the map is executed and keeps active until the next map starts.
    Princess/tutorials mode for example and Challenges also use these, the spawn points, signs with text etc are all made with map scripts, here is a snippet of the tutorial's map script
    Code:
    void onInit(CMap@ this)
    {
        // make signs

createSign(Vec2f(13, 31) * this.tilesize, "Capture the Flag is the simplest game mode for beginners. The goal is to simply retrieve the enemy flag and bring it to your flag.");

createSign(Vec2f(22, 30) * this.tilesize, "Killing enemies, building structures and generally being useful for your team will give you coins.\n\nCoins allow you to purchase ammo, weapons & tools in workshops. First thing, as an example on how it will look when you kill an enemy:\n\nKill those chicken and get their coins!\n\n$chicken$");
        createSign(Vec2f(27, 30) * this.tilesize, "Go to the Tent and switch class to BUILDER.\n\nPress $KEY_E$ while standing\n\non the Tent.\n\n\n\n$tent$\n\n\n");

What we're trying to achieve is a map pack that will give you a unique experience, Verra remade gregs and they spawn randomly for example, and I made a kind of water source and am working on creating a battlefield right now (big pre-built castle in the middle, catapults shooting kegs from outside the map to the middle of the battlefield every 5minutes). Stuff like that

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  4. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Did I mention I just remade gregs..

5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Paris! :3

6. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

7. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Please try to stay on topic.

How do the gregs determine when to drop you? Is there any way to escape their grasp before they decide to let go?

8. voper45

voper45 Arsonist
    1. Zen Laboratories

They drop you when they reach Paris :P

On that note, amazing gregs verra

Sytoplasma, norill and Obione5256 like this.
  9. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

They drop you when they are 216 pixels above the ground however getLandYatX is really buggy so I'll probably be switching to a different method, and making them quicker to fly up/down. There is no way to fight back, simply because of how class code works which doesn't allow you to do anything while you are being held.

voper45 likes this.
  10. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

i have been working on this cat trying to adjust it's movement to match with it's hand motion JKAT.gif
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 23, 2015 ---
    edit i have made the cat's hand much more natural looking JKAT2.gif at the cost of this the speed has been decreased (even when its on no delay XP)

Obione5256 and Bint like this.
  11. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

From my uneducated opinion, if you want it to look more natural, try a circular motion instead of a constant up and down. If it's pawing at something, I would think that it would take its paw from its body and hold it up, sorta swipe downwards, and then bring the paw a bit closer to it before extending again.

12. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I'm working on some sprites for a mod coming out in the near future. Plus some more sprites for Aphelion's Roleplay Server.

13. Bint

Bint Haxor

Pissing about with skygradient.png
    rave.gif

Edit:
    oops.gif

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    bru-jaz, PUNK123, voper45 and 2 others like this.
  14. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

im making set pi homeys.png eces for a game for my friend

voper45 and Bint like this.
  15. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

16. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Poor carlospaul.

17. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

This is the new mod I was talking about. Looks fancy don't it? A lot more is coming!

18. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oh that looks nice!
    Curiously I'm lately on a CTF with rifles too, but barely started the idea. I'll just go for some sprites first, then well see about the game mode and character special moves or whatever...

charac 1.png

On a different note, I'll upload a resource (hopefully) this week with rat sprites for the archer. Along with some custom knight sprites, I'm arranging a normal TDM setup with Men vs Rats skins, both races with their own heads and sprites.
    It would be a mixup of a lot of different sprites I've done and other's work.

rat heads 1.png

Seeing others work is always a nice push

19. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Glad this isn't dead ^-^