1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Arrows need a buff

Discussion in 'Archer' started by samsamkill4fun7, Sep 24, 2015.

?

What Do You Think

1. Buff

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No Buff

30 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. samsamkill4fun7

samsamkill4fun7 Horde Gibber

I think that archers full charge (non lega) arrow shot should get a dmg buff to 1.5 or make the stun on knights more noticeable on both flesh and shields i would like to have a mod(s) opinion on this

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    J-man2003 and Fuzzle like this.
  2. Considering how much lega is spammed, I doubt a buff is gonna help there.
    Although a buff to the singular shot might help allot, spam wise.

3. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've been having matches recently where half the team is archer and around 2 knights with everyone else builder.

The sad thing is the team with the archers usually wins, or nearly wins.

If you make archers anymore op, it encourages people to go archer, and thus ending in barely any if at at all knights.

Also as a knight it is already hard enough to kill a decent archer.

Knights: Archers are too op
    Archers: knights are too op

Draco1991, Auburn, PUNK123 and 5 others like this.
  4. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ok this is going to sound dumb, but I'm the only one crazy enough to say it.

Increase archer arrow damage slightly and boost knight shield's hitbox. ::P:

J-man2003 likes this.
  5. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

It's a sound idea, yet I won't support it, as I'm sure the developers won't be able to implement it properly. Also, the damage an arrow inflicts shouldn't be dependent on the charge - it currently is, with 0.5 and 1 heart -, it should depend on the arrow speed. Thus, there's a problem with shotgun. Revert to Legolas, implement this idea and archers would be more useful in distance, and less ( yet still ) in CQC - as archers are supposed to be, IMO. With less archers in CQC, they could revert the reduction of the bomb's blast radius. Everyone would be happy.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Except me who will be forced to camp behind stone platforms all day :thumbs_up:.

Redshadow6 and J-man2003 like this.
  7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

This would be terrible, imo. Right now KAG's classes are as balanced as they'll get. A knight will have trouble taking out a decent archer, and an archer probably won't be able to get through a decent knight's shield. If anything, it's the archer that's slightly more powerful.

J-man2003 likes this.
  8. Withror

If you compare it to classic, the classes don't seem very balanced. In classic, all the classes are perfectly balanced. Builder gets rekt by bombs, but buildings are hard to get destroyed, and they have a much higher fighting potential, archer has huge range and safety, but knights can very easily defend the arrows with shields and easily destroy them with a bomb if theyre close enough. It was all pretty balanced.

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. Blue_Tiger

In classic, everything is boring. Archer sits at the back clicking on the enemy.

Dargona1018 and J-man2003 like this.
  10. Withror

Unlike Release, where the archer can also right click!

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. Blue_Tiger

Yes, meaning they can go forward and back and the class is not only takes more than being brain-dead, it is way more fun than any other class.

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  12. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Can confirm. Was brain-dead classic archer.

13. samsamkill4fun7

well Im liking the reply's yes i realize the archer is kinda op atm so maybe no lega dmg buff but i think that full charge should get a more noticeable stun on knight sheild at least for a quarter charge so you could do that (and fail) Or you could give yourself better odds at escaping or support

14. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Arrows only feel underpowered until you properly use them.

At their current stats they are almost too strong in the hands of a pro. All there is to it is aim and timing, I can kill the best knights by baiting them into attacking, and filling them with holes.

Martial Theory 101, try reading Art of War.

15. samsamkill4fun7

well yes i guess your right but keep in mind that knights have 4 hearts and arnt always nub, a lot of half charges isn't going to kill the knight instantly and also just because your pro and can kill nub knights (which isn't hard) a lot of normal kag players find it hard to defeat a knight without the safety of the base...

but you make a valid point if using lega shots which in this case were not just full charge i made a point before about not changing the lega dmg and moving it of toppic

Edited out the lega part of the topic

16. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I'm one of the best archers in the game, and also an inspired martial artist.

If there is an opening, I am the first one to see it.

Knights are VERY flawed and i can kill a full health knight in four seconds no matter their skill level.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  17. samsamkill4fun7

yes you made a point that your one of the best archers but not everyone is as good as you or can spot openings
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2015 ---
    just saw this and realised that i dont think you know that they slightly reduced the shields hitbox because a left or right shield could almost protect your entire body from arrows at that direction so no changes to shield hit box unless they put in the stun *maybe, a very low chance maybe

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  18. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

i kinda like the bomb nerf in a way as your own bombs dont damage you as close(but i guess you can say that dumbs down the game) im just saying a complete revert to the old aoe would be bad imo. Everything else looks solid

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

archers in combat are irritating enough and buffing their range would be bad(because theyre already powerful at range and close combat)

19. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Spotting openings is just paying attention and being a total bastard.

Skill level is only to do with the accuracy and reaction time, you can spot anything just by watching lol. I love going to the bar and watching pro-tier pool players and telling them the physics behind why their shots missed. I get lots of smiles and occasional a sneer from the old cunt who steals the 8 ball to reserve a table hahaha.

Bomb nerf is a good idea to me, They were too easy to use TBH, and they are just as strong, you simply need to aim.

Look at most good knights, they weren't affected (or at least shouldn't be) very much by the nerf, it made them try harder, which is fine.

What most people forget is that half-shots (6 dots) will do full charge damage (without stun) as long as you fire on a low/shallow angle, If you fire straight up then it won't do piss after a few meters. You can machinegun with proper timing, and use fullcharges only to stun or make trick/long distance shots.

Damage goes from 0.5 to 1 after a certain threshold of velocity, charge level only affects starting speed, stun, and whether or not you shotgun.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  20. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

[​IMG]

But seriously I'd say it's favored in the case of knights. all they have do is shield and back away when you have a triple. All in all it's pretty balanced considering the ping and amount of dick waving/ camping that both classes do.

Trumbles and PUNK123 like this.