1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rivals of Aether

Discussion in 'Other games' started by PanduhsFTW, Aug 18, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. PanduhsFTW

PanduhsFTW Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

[​IMG]

Even though RoA isn't out yet, it was Greenlit on Steam, so I wanted to go ahead and make this thread in preparation for THIS:

Zetter [developer] Aug 13 @ 2:58am
    That's the plan. We want to have online working before we do that. Working on an Early Access build as we speak. Targeting September as of now.

It's coming boys! Who do you plan on playing? We should start up a little rookie tournament once word gets around. I'm looking at playing either Maypul or Orcane. I read on Smashboards that the hidden character, Absa, might not be available to play until release. That would be a bummer.

Anyways, feel free to discuss nerfs/buffs, etc. They've released the game to like 60 people, so maybe someone from KAG has had a chance to play. I look forward to hearing everyone's opinion towards this game. I, personally, think it's going to be a gem.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. PanduhsFTW

Thanks for that. I'll update with a link and some pics or something.

3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

This game looks awesome, can't wait till it comes out.

4. PanduhsFTW

There ya go! I was thinking of posting the character trailers, but I was to lazy to find them all and spoiler them all. Thanks Foxy. ::D:

5. PanduhsFTW

Score! Thanks for the update, Foxy!

6. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

One week!
    I also noticed that one of the artists replied to thd's most recent tweet about TR

PanduhsFTW likes this.
  7. PanduhsFTW

Oh, I didn't know that! Can you link it?

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

PanduhsFTW likes this.
  9. PanduhsFTW

Release day hype!

Darknighte9 and Mazey like this.
  10. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

this is out now?

11. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

Yep! :D

12. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

someone play with me

Darknighte9 likes this.
  13. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Bought this last night, gotta say, it feels and plays really, really well for a 2D Smash-style game. So far I really like Wrastor and Orcane, though I am stuck mostly with a keyboard; keyboard is fucking hard man. I've tried it with an Xbone controller and it feels so much better; I need to invest in a controller for this game ASAP. Also, if anyone wants to play just ask lol

14. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Game looks like a way better version of Brawlhalla.

15. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

It can't be a better version because Brawlhalla isn't a Smash-style game, it's a Smash-inspired game. So in the end they're very different and not very comparable. Brawlhalla only takes the main concepts of Smash but ends up feeling like it's own thing and has a lot of it's own mechanics while RoA is literally trying to be Smash with some mechanic changes. Though if we do compare them I like Smash more than Brawlhalla so I automatically like RoA more than Brawlhalla.

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. PanduhsFTW

I main Kragg and I occasionally use Zetterburn. I like each character because they're all so unique, but I just can't bring myself to like Forsburn. Playing against Maypul is hard because (s)he has two dash attacks that, when spammed, make me very upset. :rektlord:

CowboyDan likes this.
  17. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I don't want to invest in a controller for this game. I have a ps4 controller if that will work...
    Is it worth the $15? Should I buy it if I don't have a controller?

18. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

It's not bad with a keyboard, can take a bit to get used to but with a controller it becomes 100x better imo. You might wanna look up or ask /r/rivalsofaether on how you would setup a PS4 controller for RoA.

19. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

I've been maining Maypul atm. Lets play 78787878

PanduhsFTW likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi