1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Musician's Pub

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 3p1cL0bster, Sep 27, 2015.

Tags:
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

The title is pretty self explanatory. If you are a musician tell us your story, if you play professionaly or just for fun, and maybe share your music!!!
    This applies for all kinds of music. So far I'm close to being the only musician on KAG I know, so go on and tell me if you are too. ::P:

Personally I'm an orchestra guy, playing the french horn for quite a long time now. I play it professionally sometimes, though I'm still a student.:smug:

This is what the average hornist looks like:
    french_horn_with_mouse.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    jimmyzoudcba, Joiken, Rayne and 3 others like this.
  2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Used to play piano and acoustic guitar a lot in my younger years. Might give both another whirl! ::P:

3p1cL0bster likes this.
  3. 3p1cL0bster

Ah that's cool, I make duos with pianists very often 25252525

4. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

5. 3p1cL0bster

6. I used to do quite some competitive classical singing back in the day (2011/12). I stopped doing as much after I my voice decided to go break on me.

7. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

I love music! I love going to see the orchestra, I listen to classical music, I go to music camp every summer, and I've been in different music classes at my school. (Wow what a nerd lmao)
    I play a few instruments, but only at a very low level. Piano was my first and main instrument. Cello has since replaced that position and I play cello at school. I used to play flute in eighth grade for my school band. Other than that I can play guitar, ukulele, and I've been in choirs before but I seriously believe that my voice is awful so I don't count voice haha (also does a little percussion count ;) cause I've done percussion before)
    I'd love to learn bass (both upright and electric) as well as viola :))

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Psiklaw, 3p1cL0bster and butterscotch like this.
  8. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I've played the piano since the first grade which makes 10 years now. I mostly play classical but i wanna learn some bebob jazz in the future. It's a great hobby

Psiklaw likes this.
  9. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

ACCURATE THOUGH

3p1cL0bster likes this.
  10. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

11. 3p1cL0bster

Cool! Are you familiar with wind orchestra? The reportoire for it as been getting better and better over the years, make sure to check that out. :wink:
    And viola is just lovely, it's sound is "darker" then a violin, so it's not as annoying 25252525
    Nice, I really like piano because it's a really versatile instrument. A pianist can play pretty much every genre, which is cool. Good luck with Jazz. ::):
    Sounds great!!! How long have you been doing this?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 28, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 28, 2015 ---
    I never did competitive singing, though I was in a choir as a kid, on my music school. I quit the choir when I reached the age limit (was a kid's choir), but since I have practical theory tests I still have to sing, though I only need to stay in tune. :smug:

butterscotch likes this.
  12. Rayne

About 7 years, began work with electronic music in order to learn drum sequencing for my guitar playing but I eventually just branched off into electronic genres.

Psiklaw likes this.
  13. 3p1cL0bster

Mmmm I have had to work with electronic once, for a composition class, though it was not like dubstep, only messed with some sounds as background for instrumental music. I'd like to try my luck on that genre though, any programs you'd like to recommend?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  14. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Well, I'm a music education major, and I play the double bass. so there's that.

tristesse and Psiklaw like this.
  15. 3p1cL0bster

So what do you teach? (Music, yeah, but more specifically). ::P:

16. Auburn

I teach instrumental music (band or orchestra). I'd prefer not to teach vocal (my degree would qualify me for it) simply because I cannot play a piano to save my life and most choir jobs require the teacher to be able to accompany students.

CowboyDan likes this.
  17. 3p1cL0bster

That's cool. So basically you're a conductor? Just curious because I think it works differently in Portugal. My orchestra "teachers" are professional conductors that conduct professional orchestras pretty much around the world. And of course, we give concerts on concert halls, so they're more like our orchestra's conductor then our teachers.

18. Auburn

Yeah, here in the states, most schools typically have orchestra, band, and choir classes that you can partake in. Music teachers need to be able to be able to play all instruments (not incredibly well, but well enough to demonstrate basic technique), and be able to teach musicianship, and essentially set kids up to be the best musician they can possibly be. We aren't necessarily professional conductors, but we know how to conduct as well as teach kids.

CowboyDan likes this.
  19. Rayne

I use FL studio, though it depends on your workflow tbh. Some people work better in Ableton, some better in FL, doesn't mean one is better than the other.

3p1cL0bster likes this.
  20. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Played trombone in highschool, mastered music theory and didn't even realize it till now. Gonna get a trumpet and slowly learn every instrument i liked, can sing like a boss too.

Mods: BlueLuigi