1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Musician's Pub

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 3p1cL0bster, Sep 27, 2015.

Tags:
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

T R U M P E T B O I S

2. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Doot doot?

3. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yeah trumpet is a nice choice. I probably won't leave the Horn but sometimes I grab a friends Trumpet and play it likes it's nothing. It's fairly easy to adapt to for other brass players. I do feel the aftermath though, because the horn's mouthpiece is pretty smaller.

4. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Iz just a smaller mouthpiece, and buttons instead of a slide, still very simple and intuitive.

I can sing and whistle like any celebrity, instruments just kind of come naturally.

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  5. ^ Is also humble.
    Jks.
    Care to show us some of your stuffs?

6. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

starting french horn for no reason wish me luck

3p1cL0bster and butterscotch like this.
  7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Mmm I honestly don't have any videos, I've always kind of shut out my own cockiness up until now hahaha.

I'll think up something and throw it on youtube. I don't have any good instruments atm, but i could prolly sing some sort of rise against/coldplay/whatever song pretty easily, just need to go get audacity and figure it out, also need not a headset mic.

Even wrapping a shit-tier desk mic with felt would be good enough for a puff filter.

Joiken and butterscotch like this.
  8. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

Yeah, another reason why I chose cello was because it's lower. Being a beginner on a stringed instrument (violin, viola, cello) is difficult when it takes a lot of time and effort to sound like anything that's not a dying animal. Like for guitar, it doesn't take that much to sound good or even fake being good. And if I were to start violin, the screeching out of tune sounds would just be unbearable. With cello, it's not as awful being out of tune because it's lower ahah
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 2, 2015 ---
    When I was in seventh and eighth grade band, we called your kind "tromboners" lmao
    Ah, music theory is awfully painful but honestly so useful and even more necessary. I did lots of it for piano and it really helps me understand music so much more, especially when learning other instruments.

3p1cL0bster likes this.
  9. Don't you know that that's how the violin was invented? Someone was probably just mucking around with horse extrails, damaging nearby tympanic membranes... when they accidentally struck a semi-decent note. *EPIPHANY*

Ergo - the removal of the 2nd violinist's mic.

10. 3p1cL0bster

Awesome! Count on me if you need any advice ::):

11. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Oink, I play on Accordeon, but all I have is basic teaching and a little of training on my own, I do not ever composed >.>
    Pleb of musicians

12. 3p1cL0bster

It's understandable, composing requires quite a lot of background. You really need to know what you are doing, even though many people seem to think it's easy ::P:

13. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

14. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Even better, I got called Trombonely or Tromboneles

15. 3p1cL0bster

Please, we horns are called "horny". :QQ:

16. We'll I've been playing guitar since I was five and been in and out of local bands recently. Been trying to start a serious project but most of the guys my age just wan't to smoke and jam and I'm a bit tired of that.

Guess I'll start making music on my own. Let's see if it works out ::P:

EDIT:
    Me tbh

17. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

We could set up some clips and piece together a song with editing software, lol.

Joiken likes this.
  18. butterscotch likes this.
  19. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

rip. also how has that been going?

Nice covers! Any update on the band thing? I'd love to know!

Also my strings group at school just had two concerts. We're full of beginners, hardly anyone practices, and most people don't even take lessons and are just winging it, yikes. And we have a bunch of guitarists who play violin parts using tremolo picking, ew. We should just have violin/viola/cello/bass/percussion maybe. Anyway, my group is absolute trash. We weren't together a lot of the time and our intonation and balance is awful. SIGHS

sorry for the late reply ahah

20. triangle

The_Owl_King likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi