1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Petition to change MLK rules involving who wins the game

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by Blue_Tiger, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Remove ticks past mid & ticks to cap from MLK rules to allow ties?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I am starting a petition to change this. Right now, if there would normally be a tie (i.e. both games ended in an equal but opposite outcome in terms of flag caps), it is taken who capped faster and ticks past mid. I heavily disagree with this, not only because "ticks past mid" is a bad tie breaker (camp mid = ez win), but because there is no incentive to try to win as a losing team. Today in [AG#] vs. [BoW], [AG#] rekt in round 1, capped both flags pretty quick (afaik, I didn't watch round 1), but in round 2, [BoW] seemed to have the upper hand. But before they even got to start getting their way at the first flag, it was almost too late to win. This is really anticlimactic as a viewer and a player. What's even the point in playing at that point? Without this rule, [BoW] could have (if RA didn't have connection issues) pushed and got a 2-0 victory in round 2 brought it back to a tie.

Isn't that 10x cooler than half way through the round "ok, AG won".

I propose we remove all ticks past mid and ticks to cap the first flag bollocks and strip it down to whoever caps the most flags overall wins. Simple. Easy to understand. Effective. Fun.

2. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

I think malt may have a point.

Although I think the ticks system is clever; I'm not sure it fits the spirit of this sytle of contest.

Comebacks are a cool thing to be a part of and watch. The ticks seems to kill it ded.

dead.jpg

::(:
    Again though, the ticks is a very clever and "logical" thing to add. Just seems wrong.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  3. lol, camp= ez win ? so take the mid and win, if it's to ez it's a fucking good idea for me, what's wrong with that ? if you take mid you win the game. Just unlucky if you can't cap the flags cuz you was better but it's a tie, only because they stay at the tower and drop some bombs/kegs.
    btw look the video AG vs BOW and tell me where they can rush and win :) cuz they can't ;)

4. Blue_Tiger

Just before RA started getting dc'd every 2 minutes.
    It's as simple as a rule change, no need to postpone anything.

5. rules are like that, play with rules or don't play. If you can't protect your flag during 5 minutes because you sux, and after your cry because you can't win because if you cap after 5 minutes it's over, it's not cuz rules, only cuz u are to bad for protect 2 flags.

6. daskew87

insult every 5 words

7. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Rules are rules, but they change.
    Tis rules seem pretty strange and not really gud, I vote for old system of flags.
    I had a lot of situations when enemy had middle but we just were capping enemy flags (but not immidetly, as the CW requests, as its almost impossible until ur a godskiller fighting newbs of KAG)|
    +same wot Daskew told, insulter should be punished with.... WITH
    THE
    cheesebugga

8. Juaro

Juaro Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Guys, let's just stick with one set of rules for one season, please.
    As unfortunate as they might've worked out for us today, it was our own fault in the end for getting ourselves in such a shit situation in the first place, yes it does kind of kill the comeback qualities of teams, but jesus h christ, the rules have been talked about at length before the league.

Let's do one WHOLE season with ONE set of rules, afterwards you can always do a post-mortem on them and change them for the better.

9. Blue_Tiger

I did discuss this before the league, and it was decided based on a poll that I was not informed of. I was told then to give it a go for a couple weeks and then make a petition, so here I am. Now I'm being told to wait till the season's over? K. And then I'll have to wait 5 more seasons.

10. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Honestly i'm not a fan of "ticks" too, but i agree with juaro on this point.
    Let's finish the MLK S2 with this set of rules and after we will think about an other.
    ok guys ?

but for me the mod have just one problem, it doesn't say who is the winner of ticks (when that happen) on the chat, we need to look into the chat logs ...
    I don't really like that... Any ideas to improve this @makmoud98 ?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  11. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I do agree people should give it more time, but i don't think it's a good idea to play with rules that the majority doesnt agree with for 3 months. Probably the best solution is to wait and see how the players feel about the rules after everyone gets a chance to formulate an opinion.

12. daskew87

Do the majority of players not want these tick rules?

I didn't do much reading of how this was all decided. But if most people don't want it why is it being done? lol

13. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

At the beginning everybody wanted this rules. Now everybody blame about it.
    Seriously, people do not know what they want.
    Just play, have fun, and stop grumble about everything.
    And we will think how to improve this rules for a potential MLK S3.
    [I quoted your post daskew, but this is message is not especially for you but everyone !]

14. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

In response to discussion stopping play: I fail to see why this would be the case. Matches can continue while rules are discussed.

In response to changing the rules in the middle of the season: I'm conflicted. On one hand, if there are a better set of rules, it makes sense to play by them. On the other hand, its somewhat less than courteous to change rules in the middle of a game.

In response to the rules: The first to take the lead is somewhat unfair, as the amount of time it takes to capture the first flag depends on the map. So a team might lose because they got a more difficult map to cap the first flag on. In addition, I feel that deciding a winner based on ticks past mid at the end is more anti-climatic than a simple draw. A team that is loosing the second round when the first was a draw, may be able to hold out long enough to get a draw. But with ticks past mid, they may as well give up if they're near the end, as no matter what they do they can't change the outcome of the match. The match then becomes boring, as the result is already decided.

15. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

It does say clearly in chat how much ticks winning team had in total and how much ticks in lead

16. miniu

miniu Haxor

Well i like ticks. If we would destroy ticks, then worse clans would only camp near flag and just crush enemy rush to get easy tie versus good clan. Atm it could be seen on any classic ctf and it is really annyoing. Ticks are good, becase you take them by camping mid, which shows that u are rushing team, you take a center and the others arent strong enought to take it. In this season we should just play with rules we have, in next if many ppl not enjoy ticks I would suggest old, good BO3 and also make !r (for ready, like in gather, so there wont be any surprises for any team like in last abc v maskg).

17. cry cry cry Zzzzzz play with rules or don't fucking play this league. If you play the league, you accept the rules, but stop try to change rules all times or make your league.

18. Snipezz

Snipezz Shark Slayer

Did you guys think anything of the damn maps? Cause some of them are small,big and sometimes the flags are close to each other and sometimes not. And im talking about the cw that happened yesterday maskG Versus ABC and ABC won cause they were faster capping our flag. And if im on the wrong place to write this, Dont judge me cause started on the forums yesterday. °_°

19. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

You should discuss about that BEFORE the beginning of a MLK season, in my opinion; now the league has started
    (don't worry man, big boi over there wants to win this at all costs)

20. Blue_Tiger

I did discuss this before the league, and it was settled on a poll I wasn't even fucking informed of. I waited 2 weeks like they said back then, and here I am doing exactly what they told me to. Most of the votes against are because they don't want the league to pause, but it doesn't have to - just change the rules.