1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Petition to change MLK rules involving who wins the game

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by Blue_Tiger, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Remove ticks past mid & ticks to cap from MLK rules to allow ties?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I agree with Galen , lets try to talk it out more civilized

2. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

This the literally reason why we don't come to an agreement on things or ever finish a league because all people do is bitch and complain.

I don't understand why we can't just follow the rules we have set now, there is nothing wrong with them.

3. mcrifel

1. MIST

They might be fair yes, that doesn't mean they are fun.

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Uhuh
    Why wouldn't u use a server with bad ping (for example AU for US and EU) for both sides. O-O

5. RampageX

If you want tickets go play gather (if thats still alive). You don't have to be in the league, nobody was forced by anyone to join.

6. mcrifel

1. MIST

You don't get it do you

7. RampageX

When the league started everyone should have read/agreed on the certain rules we have now. And now that it's actually alive everyone complains? They had a choice on being in the league, if they knew the matches weren't going to be tickets, they should have said something or not joined the league at all.

8. mcrifel

1. MIST

I didn't agree on the rules but I still wanted to play in the league with better rules but no one listens and now we have discussions while the league is busy.

9. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

It's never fun to lose. You make it seem as if FoD:~'s afraid - can't win a fair match?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  10. mcrifel

1. MIST

You just want people to hate, look dude I don't fucking care about losing ok? Look at MIST we lost but it was so much fun. I'd rather lose and have fun then win and not have fun. But in ag its only win win win.

Also about the topic of winning, look how long fod has existed and look how long ag has existed. Give us time to build up.

11. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

In regards to the current rules being fair: The number of ticks it took to take the lead (Whoever got the first flag cap the fastest wins) currently is not completely fair, as maps differ, and where it may be easier for a rushing team to take the first flag on one map, it may be more difficult to take the first flag on the next map.

For Instance:
    Say an American clan and a European clan decide the have a match. The first round is on a US server, with the map pictured below. The US team captures the european's first flag quickly, then wins the game when the timer runs out.
    Example1.png
    Then the next match is played on a European server, with the map pictured below. The Europeans preform better than the US team did on the US server in all regards, Except it takes them more time to capture the flag because of the map. The European team loses, even though they preformed better than the US team.
    Example2.png

12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

i guess if you want to lump everyone into a category you could atleast explain how i fit into any of it. My issue with the rules atm is that its very transparent and just seems mechanical in a bad way. I have no real opinion on actually using ticks to determine the winner(though it does read as though you are determining the winner based off of who had the most control yet still couldn't win). Just because you've insanely pretentious throughout this conversation though ill argue about why the ticks/time to take the lead rule can be lame. The maps aren't the same so one some of them victories can happen quicker, if one team wins in 5 minutes and then the same team loses the game in 6 minutes with the same lineup how are they really any better, and lastly a point that has been thrown around to support these rules: this isn't LoL, DOTA, or CS:GO. Basic rules could easily work for this league just like the rules in use now and we shouldnt stop discussing them just because people liked the rules before the season commenced. I don't see how a majority vote of people who havent seen or played in this league can be more valuable or in higher regard than this discussion where people can objectively state the pro's and con's of all rules.

13. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I think it's days without a connection

14. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I play every day so that's wrong.

15. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Yea the api is broken ^^

No i don't care about lose or not and i don't beat my members if they lost lol. i just like the challenge that's why we will play against Apex the next week-end.
    But it's true that a lot of membres in AG care about lose a match.
    I personnally prefer to lose and learn from our mistakes to improve, than win.

EU on AUS server = 333 ping
    US on AUS = something like 233 (depend of where you live in USA)
    That's why we play on a US west coast server = 200 ping for the both teams.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 10, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 10, 2015 ---
    #blameSnake
    If he does'nt send you a private message to tell you the news.

16. mcrifel

1. MIST

So its still about being the best is what your saying? That's the same as wanting to win every time

17. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Every clans prefer win than lose, man. Even your, Fod.

18. mcrifel

1. MIST

Ofcoarse but im not saying that

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  19. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

So what did you said ?

20. mcrifel

1. MIST

Lets just get back to the discussion, I just got a little mad about what fuzzle said