1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Signal Fire

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by mcrifel, Sep 28, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I agree with everything you said

But like I said, the supply crates would only be useful in stalemates where stone is limited, in order to make them more useful at any time they should also drop nonrenewables or expensive items like sharks, drills, kegs, gold, vehicle crates, etc.

About the depth; the campfires would act as targets as much as tunnels would, except they would be protected like a flag by players instead of the ballista/catapult which is meant to be out in the open, and the tunnel which has to be in the battlements if it wants to be the least bit useful. Because of the campfire having it's main purpose able to be executed if being protected by players, it should have to have an opening above it for the supply drop to come (to make it vulnerable), should be more expensive than tunnels, and have low health, to make it balanced.

2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Don't worry it will still be useful in a non stalemate situation (remember this isn't a feature to balance something) and all those things except gold sound awful to get in a crate. Vehicles will make ballista spam easier then ever, kegs just no, sharks HELL NO, drills also no. If there is much variety of things that can be dropped then it will make it all very luck based, 1 team gets a crate full of wood and the other one gets a ballista.

3. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Where are these crates even coming from?!?!

4. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Heaven.

swagbot likes this.
  5. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Heaven has never been so fickle... supporting both sides of a war...

6. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

uhh ... you're right...
    #Blame_mcrifel

Sytoplasma likes this.
  7. mcrifel

1. MIST

Don't worry this game doesn't make sense, we can jump over walls with bombs and hover in the air with a metal shield. This will fit in nicely.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  8. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

KAG 3D: Introducing: The ability to look any direction.

*Everyone looks up*
    [​IMG]

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. mcrifel

1. MIST

[​IMG]

blackjoker77777 and Sytoplasma like this.
  10. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

I was not prepared for that. One of those bent-over-in-my-chair laughing moments ensued.

mcrifel likes this.
  11. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

The US airforce traveled back in time to support King Arthur on his quest for Gold?
    Kinda makes me understand why Americans always complain about their taxes.

EhRa and J-man2003 like this.
  12. Are you trying to say these things aren't possible in reality? Because they are I've done everything in this including launching myself in a catapult.

J-man2003 likes this.
  13. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

No kidding. Is it not enough to send our military and resources to everywhere in our time except where they really need to be? Do we really need to be helping King Arthur too?

14. mcrifel

1. MIST

I can see by your profile picture that it all ended very well...

15. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Motor skill deterioration, the inability to stomach any sort of nutrient, an unhealthy lack of all blood cells, and a conspicuous absence of both internal and external organs.

On the bright side, it's going to be very, very difficult for you to develop any kind cancer or physical affliction. Mentally... perhaps you are at risk. Coming to terms with being pseudead can be taxing.

Oh yeah, I should probably write something about the signal fires. I like the idea, but maybe there is a cool down before the next drop. The drops would just cycle through signal fires if there are multiple, meaning that more fires =/= more drops.

As for the contents, I'd say arrows and food would be very useful for archers defending a fortification.

16. mcrifel

1. MIST

As long as it are normal arrows then i'm good with this.

17. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I'm pretty sure Supply drops would be delivered via Swallow, but OK.

On the topic of what are in those crates, I really don't think having anything more special than a fire arrow is a good idea. Nothing more should pop out of those crates than what comes out of the chests in TDM, along with maybe a little wood and stone.

Also, I hope you all realize this will probably go to the land of "someone should mod it in, because it won't be in the vanilla game" right? This is a cool idea, and I enjoy it (especially after playing MGSV), but I do think it is just filler content that the base game doesn't necessarily need.

J-man2003 and Sytoplasma like this.
  18. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Video games are filler content that life doesn't necessarily need, though I do see where you're coming from by saying that this doesn't do much other than add a simple convenience. In that case, it may become a mod or just fade from attention over time.

19. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Also don't forget that builders get resupplies from forward builder shops, and archers get resupplies from archer shops as well. So 200 wood is all you need at first for a builder to constantly fortify and upgrade a forward tower. As I said, novel idea, but not necessary for the game.

20. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Sorry, I honestly don't play much since I tend to get such high ping that I get kicked within the first few minutes of play xD As such, I didn't realize this function of shops.

While this is a novel idea, I can't see it being that useful without being overpowered or not worth the added entities and coding involved.

Mods: Rainbows