1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I feel like I made a mistake buying this game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nightmare799, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Nightmare799

Nightmare799 Catapult Fodder

Is anyone playing this thing AT ALL? There are max 30 people playing right now...

During weekend...

J-man2003 likes this.
  2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Depends what time you get on it.. You can get a lot of people playing it, just needs to be in the right time.

butterscotch, Magmus and toffie0 like this.
  3. Nightmare799

Do you have any specific time in mind?

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Im EU, and always when I play there are arund 50 ppl. At weekends grows up to 80.
    Actually, after sale there were 400 players active, every server was full xDD
    Was such a mayhem with shitloads of nontalking noobs

5. Nightmare799

Could you please give me some server names?

6. BarsukEughen555

Official servers, mostly CTF and TDM.
    Some Black Death servers, + modded servers, those are always popular

7. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Ikos adventure capture the flag

then the rest are good mods, like kaggots Attack/Defense server

8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

With the small community there are certain times of day that tend to have more players on. Soon you'll recognize the good players that have stuck around and you'll also figure out what the popular servers are. What usually happens is that the popular servers end up getting full and you have to spam join them until a slot opens up.

9. Leo

Leo Haxor

Black Death servers ? Really ? ::D: And yeah @Nightmare799 at it's current state I wouln't pay a dollar for KAG, I would d/l only if it was free. And I am really sorry to say something like that but it's the truth. KAG has future only if it becomes a free game and all the other "I can find a server whenever I want to" it's just bs.

10. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Theres 90 players on right now. Theres never a time when you can't find a server. In the server browser, there's a bunch of specifications. make sure you have those looking like this[​IMG]

11. daed gaem

12. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah, I think the server browser could use some better indication as to which server have people, but these little icons will tell you how many people are in a server:

[​IMG]

Always sort by Player Count and make sure you're searching for all game modes. You can't always find the exact region you want but you'll pretty much always be able to find any populated default game mode server and a handful of modded servers.

And honestly, the playercount seems pretty low but there are plenty of "ded gaems" out there that are actually 100% unplayable because there's literally not a single other person playing. KAG really ain't in bad shape.

Blue_Tiger, Noburu and J-man2003 like this.
  13. BarsukEughen555

Actually, the Sandbox Reborn is popular almost 24/7 is updated pretty often, feel free to come on it and get fun from building c:
    (Flying and going thru doors included o_O, as well as adminship(at least sometimes)lol)

Vamist likes this.
  14. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Ususally when I get on there are around 100-120 people playing.

Yes the game is very worth it it, I've had tons of fun playing it and it's very addictive once you've played a little bit, it combines arcade like percicion combat with a tile-based environment to make a team-based strategy game that's still has the fun of an arcade game.

Even if there are only 30 people online when you're online, it's still very fun, I mean at minimum you really only need 10 players on a CTF server to have fun on it.

15. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

10 - 20 is ideal range imo, with 10 players being the best (anything less or more is just bad)

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

If you honestly think KAG is dead you don't know what a dead game is.

I've played games that have an average of 7 players online, and some with none.

17. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

If not dead, it's in a frickin' coma it won't wake from.
    Developers have pumped it with sedatives since 1180.

bunnie, J-man2003 and DragonUnitedtm like this.
  18. it's dead if no-one is playing on it.
    it's dead if there's no one on it EVER

J-man2003 likes this.
  19. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

You don't have to sort by player count. You can pull that filter slider bar from the minimum of 0% to 1%, and you'll only see servers with people online.

20. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Between 3 and 10 PM, neutral timezone, you can expect lots of people on the EU servers. Add or subtract eight hours for the US or Australian servers.

J-man2003 likes this.