1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Weekly News – KAG Update for Halloween

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 30, 2015.

1. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

You will fail at first mine .n.

2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

I like the changes done to trampolines. Makes it so you can have a trampoline on the ground, and a person carrying the trampoline whilst bouncing on the other trampoline, How to scale towers 101. I like the holiday aesthetics too, good update!

3. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

i love it, mines are now more common

Trampolines have a use in ctf onces again

Thank you

Thank you!!!

4. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

In my experience, mines are actually pretty reliable to use now while still being perfectly counterable. I mean a single arrow sets them off for shit's sake.

Get used to mines not being free rides over the enemy wall

5. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah, shit people. You know how easy it is to take care of mines as a builder? They break in one hit!

But I'm not sure about the arrow collision change either. What happened to shooting bombs? I've had a few really hilarious moments with bomb interception. And I think it's a mistake to make it impossible to shoot down ballista shots, what does that change offer?

I think that's more of a property of platforms than a bug with mines. They can mitigate all explosions (bomb arrows + bombs too) if they're placed facing blocks. Building would take a big hit in depth if that were lost.

CowboyDan likes this.
  6. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I feel that while you hold a trampoline you should not be able to attack or shield..

7. Sturm

Sturm Base Burner

Please be a release date ::(:

Klokinator and Mazey like this.
  8. Bint

Bint Haxor

Have mines always worked that way though? I realise they prevent damage done to blocks but players too? and when they're on their side?

9. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Re: Tramps.
    Any way of nerfing tramp cannons makes me happy, but I wish you couldn't do it on TDM. So annoying when every map with tramps ends up with a guy holding a tramp and his entire team jumping up and down on it, stomping anyone who approaches -.-.

Re: Arrow collisions.
    Not sure why this change was made tbh. These made for some of the best moments in KAG, whether you're shooting a keg away from someone, shooting a bomb back or fucking a bomb arrow, definitely the best moments.

Re: Mines.
    Sigh.......... why?

So many broken things, and you guys fix things that aren't broken. I appreciate the update, but it's kinda annoying when an update comes and it makes the experience of KAG not as good.

DatNobby, Fuzzle and Darknighte9 like this.
  10. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

gag, projectile colliding was one of the few special archer advantages it had. aiming for other archer's special arrows, shooting down ballista bolts / explosive bolts /if/ you were accurate or timely enough, destroying arrows mid-air that might hit a friendly. good to know knights are now the only ones with the capacity to destroy bolts mid-air, giving them another supposed buff.

DatNobby, bru-jaz and AmestriStephen like this.
  11. Bint

Bint Haxor

Just checked, we can still shoot kegs at least :spam::keg::thumbs_up:

What if knights could destroy mines easier? It takes 12 slashes at the moment. I guess the good side of it is that teammates wont detonate enemy mines inside their own base.

12. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Just tested the update because it looked interesting.

Obviously the tramps and mines are going to be spammed because people want to test them for the new update.

I was on a 30 player server and a lot of people had tramps. It was a little annoying at times because it seemed spammy. I think that will be toned down after people calm down about the update. I like the changes and even though mines are hard to get used to I think they're at a good spot.

Tramps and mines will provide some interesting elements in competitive play. Tramps now give knights an advantage when they are at lower ground. Mines require an archer or a builder to destroy now and they also can do more damage if they aren't dealt with.

I think they removed arrows from destroying projectiles because you are literally destroying 50 coins worth of a bomb arrow with a free regular arrow. It makes sense. I also think you can use tramps to block arrows and possibly bolts. It'd be a good idea to have a few lying around your tower so they are able to be thrown up quickly.

All in all a pretty solid update. I spend way less time on kag nowadays simply because the quality of life things that need to be fixed. I'm thinking about making a video of all of the bugs and shit that I'm experiencing if you guys are willing to make some fixes.

Great job guys, thanks for an awesome update.

bru-jaz and mcrifel like this.
  13. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Arrows can't collide with other projectiles. That's the only change there. Bombs, waterbombs, kegs, etc are all unaffected.

Arrows colliding, was removed, because 99% of the time it happened on accident, it's not a reliable thing to do with lag. Also it more often than not just caused stalemates between archers, that just prolonged a battle that could have been decided 5 minutes earlier.

I agree, I think the spammyness of it will be toned down in a few days, there are some tweaks we'd like to make, but we really enjoyed what was happening last night, even with the spammyness.

Yea it is kind of a problem with tdm maps right now, hopefully we can use this chance to get a bunch of new tdm maps into the cycle.

14. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    mehwaffle10 likes this.
  15. BarsukEughen555

*Cough*
    Endless downloading of same mod after I deleted the modfolder
    Huh?
    Addition: Reentering KAG nor deleting mod folder again not hapenning, + I never issued this before
    Are you sure you Deleted, not added dat mistake? O_O

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  16. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I was skeptical about the mine changes, but they turn out not to be that terrible.
    I only tested those on Iko's, which is slightly different from the original KAG gameplay, but this enforces a bit builders to go on the front and knights to be more careful about them (rather than running on them while sheilding). It may piss off at first, but they're quite funny to use now. Even though as everything in this game, spamming them ruins them.

17. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Because knights need even more advantages ::(::>:(:

18. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Please be more clear with what you are saying. I'm not sure I understand what's happening for you. There were several permissions issues, as well as a file move call that caused the infinite redownloading bug, which are now fixed. If you are still experiencing that bug, it's a different issue I've not been able to encounter and fix. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could say the steps to reproduce and give me logs. However from what I gathered you joined a modded server, then deleted the mod without closing kag, then had issues. That's not really something I can account for.

19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

It's not like the tramps will help them get you out of your infuriating mole holes :P

They'll still be really good at getting over structures, but they kind of were before as well. Like, you could pretty much always get over a structure by just bringing a trampoline, that hasn't changed. People just never used them because they're kind of a hassle to quickly make.

-

In general, I think people really overestimate how much these balance changes really affect the game. Changes in meta and personal attitude aren't always as obvious, so people will always blame balance patches for changing enjoyment of the game, when really it could be any number of less apparent causes.

So think about that before you rage at them for ruining your happiness. They're on your side, they're making the game better (and even if you don't think that for some reason, they are definitely trying to make the game better.)

20. BarsukEughen555

Nah, that was in other row.
    I launched KAG, joined modded server, was not alivable to join (tho before update I would) experiencing the endless download bug, then I closed KAG and deleted mod folder. Launched KAG, still was issuing this problem. Reinstalled KAG, tried to delete mod folder again - nothing worked.