1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Weekly News – KAG Update for Halloween

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Still not a 100% clear, but do you have logs, of before and after?

2. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I'm liking the new changes regarding trampolines, the fact that they are permanently enabled and functional even while carrying is quite amusing and opens up lots of new tactics on most maps. A knight probably shouldn't be able to attack or defend while carrying a trampoline though, sounds a little OP.

3. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I like to think that when knights kill themselves on mines its not because they forgot about the update. Its because after 5 minutes of this halloween induced lagfest they just dont want to live anymore and deliberately suicide.

4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Okay fair enough.

Some of the best maps use trampolines, though... can't you just make it so you can't pick up trampolines in TDM?

weman713 likes this.
  5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I was so excited to see the gregs in-game again--throwback to April Fools 2/3 years ago!

I get on Official CTF US with ultimate hype, at around 2:01 pm. I play like 5 rounds without hearing a single wing-flap. I'm beginning to have doubts about the update. @Potatobird keeps re-assuring me that they'll come, but I know I can't trust someone who can't even choose between being a vegetable or an animal.

So I go to TDM EU for a bit to check if they spawn there. No such luck. I hop back on CTF US, and Potatobird is no longer on. The time is around 2:31. I almost forget about my dream of seeing gregs, just playing CTF for the sake of playing.

Later, @Amrrrica joins the server and says that the gregs spawn every half an hour. This means that I just missed the 2:30 pm spawning, thanks to my distrust in Potatobird. That's a bummer, but I can wait another half hour for the 3:00 pm spawn.

To pass the time I focus on the CTF match, which has lasted about 15 minutes by now. My team (red) has no competent builders, but what's new? Every time I spawn, I cut my way through the battlefield, just to chip away at their defenses with bombs. Blue team has builders, but they're all busy tunneling, so I'm able to make gradual progress.

After ~12 runs, I'm one block away from breaking into their flag room. I'm being swarmed by blue knights and archers, so I miss the critical bomb. Twice. No problem, I can take it on the next run. So I spawn and I return to the enemy base, only to find that the blues have repaired the flag room completely. All my efforts, negated by 10 seconds of common sense by the blues.

I continue to attack their flag room with new vigor, fueled by self-hate and a cheeseburger I was eating (IRL). To my surprise, I'm joined by an offensive builder on a run. This could be our big break! We make it all the way to blue base, and we've just started to break the blocks on their flag room, when that terrible doot-doot-doot alerts us that our own team's flag had been picked up. Turns out blue's tunnel has finally reached our base!

The builder and I struggle to push forward, in order to steal their flag before they can cap. But alas, another blue swarm arrives and overwhelms us. As soon as I respawn, I buy several bombs, hoping to catch up to the blues via bombjumping. Unfortunately I end up dying on a(n unshieldable) mine. Blue caps the flag. The trumpet sounds: Bwaaaahhhhhhh!!!

I'm thoroughly disappointed at how close we were to winning. And just as the server is about to switch the next map, it happens. A menacing cackle fills my earphones. I recognize that sound. I check the time--3:00 pm. This is the moment I was waiting for. But not like this, oh dear God, not like this.

I see the gregs pour in from the sky, ready to wreak havoc on all kagkind. But no sooner than they appear, the screen goes black, and a new round begins, leaving the gregs behind. For an hour of frustrating gameplay, I was rewarded with about 0.3 seconds of gregs.

I freaking table-flipped.

Coroz, Magmus, TheMisterHero and 9 others like this.
  6. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

MY TRAMPS CANUNS ARE FUCKED

Coroz and mehwaffle10 like this.
  7. bespers

bespers Catapult Fodder

rip kag...

(ps, for some reason during the "sunset" themed times, fire wont display when a person is it. Im not sure if its the same for tiles. But its annoying not knowing whether or not someone is on fire when theyve been shot)

mehwaffle10 and Fuzzle like this.
  8. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I think Geti already addressed that (2 years ago, i believe). if is winter in the northern hemisphere, then is summer in the southern and vice-versa. (anyway, I think kag respect plurality in that case just because Geti is from australia.. but well, something is something)

have you joined the forum just to say that?

9. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Lol I joined forums to post in clan then Im out of it ^
    Actually, I dunt have chatlogs or same, as I do not joined server (I was endlessly downloading same file of mode, so I quess server do not recorded anything)

10. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Yes, that's an easy change and was just unfortunately overlooked.

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Client/console logs. Not server logs (you can't get them anyway unless you're owner/have access to server computer). Go to Logs folder (in KAG folder) and seek for the console log of when happened (each time you open KAG it creates a new one, sorts/title is date and time). Read through them to find the one where you tried to join the modded server. GL

12. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Currently they are set t 50/50 chance of spawning every 25 minutes. Keep trying Para, you still have a few days!

13. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah right, everybody knows the gregs are just a myth, a tale to spook the children. Of course they're not real!

14. Verrazano

Yea it will likely be made a heavy weight item like kegs.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Okay, now for a discussion post. Overall, I like the update very much. I was just thinking that KAG should do a holiday update, before checking the forum. :thumbs_up:

I'm willing to withhold judgement on mines for now, although I don't like that a teammate('s body) can instantly detonate an unavoidable instakill explosion right next to you. :anger:

@Verrazano I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but CTF scoreboard is lacking a playercount. It looks good though. It'll take time for me to get used to red team being on top half of the time. :gear:

I really appreciate the spawn-picking fixes. It was such a small, but infuriating thing when you'd try to spawn on a forward ballista to stop some enemies, only to get an extra 9-second timer. :castle:

I don't know if I like arrows collisions being removed. It made archer 1v1s more exciting in my opinion. Also, I have definitely shot arrows out of the air on purpose, many times. Once, I had an all-wood base, and I managed to protect it by shooting 3 fire arrows, in a row, out of the air. (I was so proud of myself, but when I started congratulating myself in chat, someone else fired a fourth fire arrow.) :camping:
    This has been in the game for a long time, and applies to bombs, mines, and bomb arrows. Platforms absorb them really easily.

TheMisterHero and PUNK123 like this.
  16. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Halloween theme

17. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

This update's spooky AF. I honestly expected the endless cycle of pointless balance / gameplay tweaks to break as the development was passed on to the interns, as I believed they'd know better. Guess I was wrong. I don't understand: Isn't it a bit late for radical changes? Far the most of us seek actual improvements. Revert.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  18. GrieverJ

GrieverJ Arsonist

Congrats Para, you just summed up the pub CTF experience.

As to the changes: tramps may need more time before we can see if they're in a good place now. But anything that nerfs tramp cannons can't be all bad. Halloween is meh. I wish I could appreciate the effort more, but red tint obscures visibility and getting massacred randomly by falling gregs just... isn't much fun. But it's a couple day event, so I'm fine waiting it out. Increasing blast of mines may have been a good change, but making them unblockable definitely wasn't. It takes something like 8 slashes to kill a full health mine, while both other classes can take it out in one hit. For knights, this puts mines on the same level as water bombs. It also greatly increases the grief potential of stupid team mates. Just being in the same area as a mine can be fatal if some idiot shoots it or jumps into it, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. That's never a good thing.

toothgrinderx likes this.
  19. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

The trampolines are good, I love the fact that you can help your slow knight buddies over a wall as archer. The thing I absolutely hate is the mines. Like seriously, knights now have no way to stop a mine. There mini kegs. Grab a mine, drop it onto a knight from a building, free atleast one kill. Atleast make them easier to destroy (from slashes), or make arrows not explode them or something.

Xuorox likes this.
  20. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

Btw, i've seen again the flying archer bug while playing. Also it looks like mines sometimes (i think it happens mainly with the ones dropped at death) doesn't give a kill to the owner.

EhRa likes this.