1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Weekly News – KAG Update for Halloween

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 30, 2015.

1. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

yea i gotta agree. i think the spectator tab should be the same as all the others. its just kind of off and looks like it doesnt belong also you cant see their original names so you could EZ troll

edit: sorry if i was a bit rude with basically saying it was trash but its just kind of off looking to me and i dont think the " and more " feature is that good because id want to see whos all spectating. :O

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Your first mistake was expecting pub players to learn the game and adapt. Arrow ladders have been around forever yet they are barely utilized in pub play.

It is like what ive seen builders do in the past with wooden doors to a lesser extent. The offensive builder would run around placing doors several blocks apart to make the other team hop up and over and just irritate combat. That wasnt very successful because it didnt do anything but make you jump over them,but with mines they are instakilling obstacles that an experienced player cannot remove from the map as knight, yet archers and builders can. The irritating part about mines is not that they stay on the map, but that a knight has to "leapfrog" around mid as what was already stated.

J-man2003 and Fuzzle like this.
  3. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

MFW mines bounces (into teammates) when you hit them.
    MFW mines don't collide when thrown.
    MFW mines don't grant kills (anymore) when dropped on death.
    MFW a kill grants ~60 coins and a mine costs 60 coins.
    MFW mines causes an average of > 1 kill.
    MFW mines are OP AF.
    MFW mines will cost 1000 coins next build.
    MFW newbies can't avoid mines in the heat of battle.
    MFW archers shoot mines and rek teammates.
    MFW mine-drops works better than keg-drops.
    MFW I see YFW you realise mines were fine in the previous build.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

It could be that it is just a very drastic change of movement on my part and that is why i am so against mines. Though, i dont see the need to have a specific item that is "anti-knight" and has to be such a pain to adjust to. I guess you could argue that bombs are anti builder and archer though both of those classes can find ways to avoid bombs if they actual know the class and pay attention

J-man2003 likes this.
  5. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Please no don't fuck up a good update

6. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

On another note the gregs just made our super srs competetive match waaaay more interesting.... when there were 0 tickets left

still spookt :eek:

7. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Don't worry spectators: Rampage, Kitty, & More & More& More & More & More & More & More & More & More

J-man2003, Blue_Tiger and kittycity like this.
  8. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Winter / Santa Claus has always meant the snow for me.
    and no matter what country you are because Santa Claus lives in groenland. :rekt:

after having fully tested this new update, I thought to something that could make many people happy about mines.

why not ensure that mines can be destroyed by 3 slash / 9 jabs?

it would make mines less op to have a way to destroy them a little more easily in knight.

J-man2003 and Bint like this.
  9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Why don't builders one-shot mines anymore? We were playing a (ticketed) captains match, and the other team stuck a mine on our wall, so kitty went to break it. But instead of breaking it, he knocked it forward, straight onto 3 knights of our own team, blowing us all up.

J-man2003, mehwaffle10, Bint and 6 others like this.
  10. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

it was a calculated team kill >:D

but for real i think mines are a bit OP now like at least let knights be able to shield bump em again because now its basically mines.. mines mines EVERYWHERE
    or at least a price increase

11. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

We have already thought about changes, however no class will ever be allowed to touch a mine and live. We aren't reverting that.

12. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Ignorant AF, aren't we?

mehwaffle10 likes this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Rude AF, aren't we?

{edit}
    Seriously though; continue along those lines and we'll be warned for flaming, @Fuzzle. Keep it civil, constructive, or not in this thread. Am I clear? :huh?:

14. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Uh, just wanna show a usual TDM chatlog with pretty experienced players(we even got teamwork there)
    WE GOT A MINE THERE
    RUN
    OMG
    MOAR MINES, WE NEED A SUICIDER GOGOGO
    BOOM
    OMG MOAR MINES WE'R DOOMED SOMEONESWAP TO ARCHER AND HELP US OMG HE GOT EXPLODED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-(Match end, minespamming red won)

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

>TDM
    >experienced players
    >teamwork
    >no archers
    >:potato:

In all seriousness though, it seems like the people in your example are playing with a pre-update mindset in a post-update match; that is, they haven't yet adapted their playstyle to best fit the circumstances they now face re: new mines. Trying to draw conclusions about what is/isn't a good game mechanic before people have had a decent chance to adapt their pre-conceived assumptions & playstyle is, imho, akin to counting one's chickens before they hatch.

And actually, on that note, I'd like to make a shout out to @Skinney and @Verrazano for choosing to risk over-extension with their tweaks rather than damning us/the game/themselves with timid 'fixes' that basically amount to so much useless fiddling. Fwiw I feel the direction you've gone with the mines is excellent; please continue these kinds of 'some brass required' changes. It's great to see things getting shaken up. ::)::thumbs_up:

bru-jaz, Solaris, Chrispin and 3 others like this.
  16. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Actually we adapted to mines
    we learned to run from mines faster then from kegs

17. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I don't have a real problem with mines, I just hate the fact that I still think I can bomb jump off of them and when I jump on them I instantly die. The real question is when are we taking out water? @kedram can vouch.

kedram, CowboyDan and AmestriStephen like this.
  18. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I know its just a small thing, but does anyone else think emotes stay out a bit too long?
    Also, if your teammate blows up the mine, you shouldn't die if you have your shield facing it. I think the suggestion about the person who hits it getting stunned would work perfectly.

RampageX likes this.
  19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I think it's possible to bind a "cancel emote" button to 1-9 but that should definitely be a default

And yeah, they do... linger a bit.

20. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Happy news friends that's something we already discussed several times before anybody mentioned it in the thread, maybe it'll be in the game. Who knows.

CowboyDan likes this.