1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1656] Trampolines

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Lava, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Trampolines after the recent holloween update have become quite useless except for jumping up, all trampoline cannons are useless, vertical kind you just pass through and angled kind are just the power of one. I feel like trampolines are now waaaay underpowered and would like some rebalancing.

2. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

This is the exact effect that was intended. If you played a little longer you may have seen the overpoweredness of them. ;) Almost everyone had one and it made it pretty easy for teams to get over walls if they weren't dealt with. It's a difference in how they are used now that really matters. Now it has more teamwork involved, instead of one person minecrafting in the back you can run forward and setup a little angled launcher near the tower or just manually bounce your team mate up 30 blocks or so, it's pretty powerful as is, maybe just not in the way you like.

Magmus, SirDangalang, EhRa and 3 others like this.
  3. Lava

I under stand that but what annoys me is that you cant get launched from the back :T and the last game i played there were probably 10 trampolines scattered around our base and people holding them in battle (quite chaotic)

4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

people are just a bit excited with their new mechanics, just wait a week or two when the excitement dies down.
    also, tramp cannons were terrible and unbalanced. i'm pretty happy with the new trampoline changes

5. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

You can make an elevator with them now though. Fun stuff mang.

SirDangalang, Lava, EhRa and 2 others like this.
  6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'm really looking forward to see how you utilize the new tramps. I wanted to comment on the dev log post on how strong of a mechanic the new elevator tramps were.

7. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

I'd like see the capture mechanic applyed to the trampoline or removed the ability of enemies to move them at all

CowboyDan likes this.
  8. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Or make it like saws where they have to pick it up from under.

Lava likes this.
  9. Lava

Yeah i made a trampoline elevator that makes you go all around the map in sandbox :D fun

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Fellere825 and Gurin like this.
  11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I would like it if your velocity was changed by the velocity you hit a tramp with and if you were holding W/S. The current tramps are really bland with there being only one jump height. Any reason why this was changed?

I'd also like to be able to jump in the back of them, I think if you waste time making a stupid horizontal tramp cannon, you deserve it. The problem comes with stacking 5 tramps on top of each other and then unpacking, which the no packing resolves already.

daskew87 likes this.
  12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

tramp cannons were lame and game breaking. gtfo. Though the new ones are game-breaking they arent cancerously abuse atm. The only part that makes me cry is that you cant stomp or harm someone holding a trampoline from above.

Magmus likes this.
  13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I agree they were game breaking, but the ones you spend 5 hours making were fair enough.

daskew87 likes this.
  14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Those were the ultra-shitty version of the tramp cannon and they were STILL game breaking.

Not being able to use them from behind is kinda annoying sometimes but check this out

I still think my idea is gud

ParaLogia likes this.
  15. Lava

upload_2015-11-5_21-5-5.jpeg
    Like this para

16. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Which part is the elevator, and how are those trampolines floating

daskew87 likes this.
  17. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

How are the blocks floating? He probably used an editor

18. Lava

The three tramps going up and i dont have an editor installed i just found out one day that i can use z to place stone and x to destroy (try it ?)

19. ParaLogia

There are no editors for KAG. You can only edit in stone blocks, in sandbox. That's why I didn't ask about the blocks. It still doesn't explain how the tramps aren't falling.

20. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You can kinda "pinch" tramps like that, I remember using that for tramp/spike traps.

Like so

Also... wow, I never knew about the sandbox editing. I'm having a lot of fun deleting shit. Apparently you can delete yourself too! This is pretty neat

Edit: This must be the elevator Fellere was talking about. I tried making a diagonal one but it's really frustrating haha

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Blue_Tiger, ParaLogia and Lava like this.