1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Clan tag abusers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pizza, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

The clan BoW did have two poeple running around with our clantag, while they both werent in our clan. We reasoned with one of them, and he removed the tag but we couldn't find the other person. But im not here to complain about those two guys (or girls ofc). I think it is not nice that everyone can just take the clantag they want. This way we will get fake clanmembers who will maybe try to ruin the reputation of a clan.

The problem is: this isn't forbidden yet. Do you think it should be forbidden/impossible to take a clantag wich is already used by a clan?

I really do think it should be impossible to take a clantag of a clan where you are not a member of.

Regards,
    Pizza

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Moderation = Bad
    Development that self moderates = Good

Same system as every MMO has since this is an online only feature, someone/group of people reserve a clantag, they can invite people to the clan.

Noburu, Beef, FuzzyBlueBaron and 4 others like this.
  3. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Some sort of password protection after a clantag is claimed?

Asterix likes this.
  4. Pizza

I would love to see some way to claim a clantag for sure. That way only real members can take the tag.

5. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

MM could add a ''clan/guild system'' with peoples invite and flag emblem and blah blah blah would be awesome for the overworld gamemode.

Foxodi and Beef like this.
  6. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

You totally stole that idea from me! :> If not, I congratulate your way of thinking. :D

Hella likes this.
  7. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I didn't know you thought of it! Please don't hurt me ;o;

8. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Holy crap as I read the OP I thought the same thing :eek: But might as well put in other suggestions: A clan list page on the game menu- so you can see clans, there availability, member count, the members, if they are recruiting, ECT.
    EDIT: Forgot to mention: there would be a "APPLY NOW!" button there, leading you to a document or something you got to fill out.

Hella likes this.
  9. knightl

knightl Base Burner

i had suggested this idea to another guard as well but he said for now we wait...

i guess great minds think alike oh and your mind

10. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yes. The guards are currently discussing the best way this ought to be handled.

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Heh, suggested this once in the times of the old forums.
    I still think it should be implemented.

12. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Noone here thought of it first.
    The idea has been around for a long-ass time.
    A formal clan system has been planned for a long time but is a low priority at the moment. It will likely come in as part of a wider player relationship system.

13. Pizza

And another player showed up with a BoW tag. (Didnt see it for myself, but a few clanmembers told me since they saw him ingame.)

I guess it is because bow is a normal word, and maybe archers think it is a cool thing to put in your name. Ill hope that there will be an official clan system soon, but i guess it is a low priority. Too bad. :huh?:

14. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

There's a person that uses the Mole tag and isn't in the clan. I honestly think the password thing is a good idea.