1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Major League Kag Season 2 - A Rebirth of the competitive scene [HEAD PRIZE]

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Snake19, Sep 13, 2015.

1. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Congratz Nova, out of 13 teams we are in the 4th place without playing a single match. GG :r_flex:[₪]:flex:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Yup, congrats 0 and 0. GG.

3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

"PS: I know very well that the Apex could not make matches because alot of clans was frightened by them. It is also unfair for them ... but well."

This is not just unfair, it's absurd. There should be a challenge rule in future tourneys because we were literally ELO starved. Lessons were hopefully learned at our expense. Good luck to whoever wins. Snake, I still give you credit for trying to resurrect a dead competitive scene. Hopefully Trench Run proves to have a larger and more serious competitive community.

MadRaccoon and Snake19 like this.
  4. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Welp, can't say we didn't try to challenge you guys a couple of times during free play.

PUNK123 and RampageX like this.
  5. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

What do you think about "you can't refuse a match against a team, excepting if it's the second time they ask you for one." ?

6. RampageX

Bad rule, people have personal lives too.

7. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

you can refuse a date but not a match. it's better like that no ? ;)

8. RampageX

That's better. I'm sure Swine isn't talking to SURGE directly because if you look at the Apex clan page we actually lost to them once.

9. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Of course that's better, what did you thought ? ::P:

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

there werent many matches to be had anyway and all you needed to do was win 1 game to be in the final bracket. If 2 clans did indeed agree to play vs you and you guys couldn't for any reason then it isnt fair to say that no one would play you(ofc there were lesser clans that you couldve farmed but still you had matches you couldve played, no?)

11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Judging from the lack of time. It would have been a better idea to have played Surge or AG than no clan at all, but unfortunately it didn't work out like that. I think the original plan was to play a moderately difficult clan to discover any weaknesses, then take on a much more difficult clan with our weaknesses in mind. Whatever the case may be I think a new rule suggesting that if you are challenged you have a certain time period in which you must play the clan that challenged you.

12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Irregardless of new rules that might help a new league, that was the exact same idea for lesser clans who couldnt compete with say SURGE and their lineup would want to play someone they could handle/someone equal/a match to get things together. I think the issue is that clans just always want to start off by fighting weaker ones and the solution could be to have a freeplay period to establish a bracket for a larger tournament giving each clan 2~ weeks to do their clanwars

13. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Damn... I'm out of the tourney already...

Unless you are on forums, you don't really get the infos of what's happening in the competitive scene... And that's a shame. ::(:

Maybe some info inside of the game screen, like League of Legends, World of Warcraft... ? That could help everyone to get info about what's going on. :thumbs_up:
    Maybe some official KAG youtube channel, where some ppl upload info weekly or monthly? :wink:
    Or... what if there were some announcements in chat about competitive matches in public servers? !!!

I don't know, something to make normal people get in touch with this kind of matches, meanwhile they don't have to visit forums often or be in an active clan. :r_flex:

14. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

News -6 :

We saw yesterday a very impressive match very close, and oh my god breathtaking!
    This match was for a place in the final and it opposed the hat against the SURGE, so Let me tell you, both teams gave as best they could!

What ?

You want to know the result?
    You want to see the video?

haha well I'll tell you

*Drum roll*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuSAw-wJGng

:down::down::down::down:

SURGE wins the match but I repeats again that this match was very close!
    [​IMG]
    A better description of the match there :

https://forum.thd.vg/threads/hat-vs-surge-mlk2-semi-finals.24716/

And you can watch the video there :

http://www.twitch.tv/kagcl/v/26027476

and soon on youtube ! :)

oh Also, One more player join our team of commentator's
    @HappySheep more know at colonel Sheep
    Welcome to him !

I'll add you to two conversations :
    - "MLK Contributors" to be informed of the latest news and advancement of the league before the others.
    - "MLK S2 - clans conversations" to know when the next matches are organized and for you planning in advance.
    - "TWITCH" To know all the stuff to have a private acces to our twitch.

the conversations are a bit inactive currently, but well ... ^^

Welcome to the team man and good luck! :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Geti and RampageX like this.
  15. RampageX

The video from the match is here.

makmoud98 and Geti like this.
  16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

My only complaint is the maps that are played, flags are almost always way too close to the tent. I know you guys like clutch defenses but you'd see less bullshit with at least double the distance spawn->flag :)

17. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

News -7 :

A few weeks ago, we saw an impressive game filled with many twists and turnarounds;
    the match which pinned FIST! against [AG#]. Without further ado,
    here is the result :

*Drum roll*
    (click on the "drum roll video" before click on the spoiler :p)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R5gHF0vzew

:down::down::down::down:

AG# wins the match
    The AG# clearly dominated the first part, but the second part was more interesting because the fist did not want to give a victory as easily.
    [​IMG]
    A better description of the match there :

https://forum.thd.vg/threads/ag-vs-fist-mlk2-semi-finals.24744/

And you can watch the video there :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FjER5zWiY&feature=youtu.be

unfortunately, makmound commentated the match but his voice was not recorded :c

this weekend will host the final of the league! stay active ! ::):
    :down:

Timer

--- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 4, 2015 ---
    i'm still waiting someone upload the video of the final to make the final post. Someone can upload it ?
    Thanks

@Obione5256 (i think it's you no ?)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  18. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Vid was never recorded

19. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

hahahah I actually laughed at some of the stuff in this thread :P

20. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

News -8 :
    Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!

[​IMG]
    To celebrate this day, I will announce the lucky winners of that season 2 of the MLK.

But above all, I want to thank you all for your participation, the people who helped me to set up this league, commentators, teams, everyone! :)

So here's the summary of the final of the league! :)

How to tell you that this game was awesome! The two teams are beaten mercilessly!
    [​IMG]
    The first round was rather difficult for the AG who was literally crushed by the SURGE.
    but the second round was really exciting with a comeback of the AG in the first rush!
    A very aggressive rush! despite that the Ancient Gear could not do anything. The strength of the knights of the Surge and their teamwork was too powerful.
    And the Ancient Gear lost.

:down:
    :up:

I am therefore pleased to announce you, that the winners of this league is .... the SURGE !!!

[​IMG]

Congratulations to them! I declare you the best clan of the Major League season 2 :)
    Your reward? a beautiful head that YOU are going to choose for the next kag update! ;)
    I think you already have it, but otherwise I think @MadRaccoon will be happy to make you one :)
    The head will surely be available for the new year. For more information ask @Geti

Unfortunately no video is available because all my commentators left me for the final :(
    These are the vagaries of a tournament I can not do anything.

On those, it's the time for me to leave you, because yes I leave kag at the new year.
    BUT, I will not leave you like that because there is still one game who waiting to be played ;)
    This match will oppose the FIST against hat for the third place in this league! (@Colargolator , @kittycity your turn)
    Also before leaving I would like to share with you two of my alts accounts + at least one key (I have to check how much is left to me), that somehow I will not use, because i left kag ^^
    Therefore I hope you will grant these accounts / Keys has friends who benefits from to this game as much as us.
    (pm me if you are interested)

I'm counting on you !

Peace & High Five
    ~ Snake

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015