1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

AUS/NZ Tournament - $ Cash Prize $

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by JayP9, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayP9

JayP9 HSJJRF Staff Alumni Donator

[​IMG]
    Tournament Organisers & Sponsors:@Solaris @JayP9 And @Lee_Shioon
    Server host: @Monkey_Feats and @cameron1010 (providing a back up server)
    Maps: MLK season 2 Maps ( File attached below)

Hey guys, Sol and JayP bringing you a 4v4 tournament. All NZ & AU players are invited to form a four man team where they will face off against other teams in a single elimination style tournament, meaning that if a team looses a match they are out of the competition. All Matches will be recorded by Huvy and later made available for everyone to watch.

UPDATE - Due to time complications between teams this tournament will be postponed to January next year before schools starts , this will hopefully give people enough time to organise dates and times. Team leaders will be invited to a private conversation where the best times and dates for their teams to play will be discussed. We are aiming for the first 4 matches to be played between the 5th and the 12th of January. The matches will be randomized to make it fair for everyone. Please stay updated with this threads make sure your team stays in contact with their leader to know when they'll will be playing within the dates above. Sorry for the inconvenience , Jayp & Solaris. :heart:

PS: If any other teams are interested in joining (AUS/NZ) please PM me on forums by December 31st thank you .

Teams
    Teams will consist of 4 players and one sub.
    Please post your teams below in the following format:
    Team name: @Example
    Team Leader : @Example
    Player 1: @Example
    Player 2: @Example
    Player 3: @Example
    Player 4: @Example
    Sub: @Example
    If Your Team is Already done and ready to go please fill a entry form and post it below, follow the example above. I'll be adding the teams bellow as they get posted on the comment section.

Current Teams
    BIGP
    -
    Jayp, Solaris , Dar , Seanharrs . Sub - EhRaGoN
    SALT - Toffie, LazikLion, Ruleral, Aegis Sub - Yellow
    EZFS - Stevedog, LordPumpkin , Kaggit , kaizokuroof Sub - Croco-Dile
    GTWet - Grudd , BlakusMundus, Trekobius , AlphaPenguin Sub - N/A
    Team Handsy Boy - BeasterDenBeast, CheeseMeister, Canadian98 , Cameron1010
    DHFGR - TheFlare, Farhhannshafi, GangsterGuy248, Hoog Sub - Qmart
    PINE - SamSamKill, giggigigigigi, Aldeye201 , KArth Sub - N/A
    Arcane Twilight - Geofflitzow, Haphazard, AvadaKedav, PeteyGee Sub - Epsilon

Prize
    First place:
    -$120 AUD-
    Second Place :
    -$40 AUD-

Credit to Solaris For helping on making the post

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Noburu, Aegis, TheRicecooker and 14 others like this.
  2. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Prize pool has gone from $80 to $160 AUD, thanks @Lee_Shioon :heart::heart:

3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Thanks @Solaris @JayP9 @Lee_Shioon and @Monkey_Feats for supplying the cash prize (very generous), running the tournament and the latter hosting the server. This tourney seems like it's going to be heaps of fun, can't wait.

Edit// that's a total of 32 AUD each for the winning team ( including the sub) and 40 AUD for the winning team with no sub.

BearKnight likes this.
  4. Looking forward to some ez money and some ez win against smallPs team, lee is such a guy :heart::heart:

LazikLion, XyellowX and Solaris like this.
  5. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Aegis, Geti, Kazaco97 and 5 others like this.
  6. LazikLion

LazikLion Arsonist

Cheers @Solaris and @JayP9 for running and donating to the tournament, also big shoutout to @Lee_Shioon for his donations and @Monkey_Feats for hosting the tourny. As rule said ez money. gg no re #whythefuckdidwecallourselvessalt.

EhRa and toffie0 like this.
  7. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator

I'm investing some money in this tourney because I have a feeling that it will be a good one! I hope that other AUS/NZ kag players on AUS server will be interested in it just so we can give other people the chance to be a part of something. That said, I have always loved this community and I see this as an opportunity to give back what I can. I might make it $250 (Just to make it even: $50 each players) but we'll see if my rice stall near my outskirts will sell well :)

Good luck to everyone!

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Wait, what's this? Actual monies being thrown about? Wonders never cease.

Sadly, le terrible internets will prevent me from participating. ::(: That said, still bloody excited. Full props of mad excellence to the organisers & sponsors. ::)::thumbs_up:

EhRa, Stevedog and toffie0 like this.
  9. JayP9

JayP9 HSJJRF Staff Alumni Donator

Thanks a lot @Lee_Shioon for the support it really does mean a lot and it helps immensely. To all the other teams starting to get organise thank you for taking part of this without teams this wouldn't be possible . And thank everyone else for the kind words and support , even though we struggled quite a bit to organise something we finally did it and since we haven't had an event within the aus community is ages lets enjoy this !!! . Thanks again guys.

Solaris and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    JayP9 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Why 4v4 and not 5v5?

PUNK123 and Darknighte9 like this.
  12. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

Kewl
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 9, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 9, 2015 ---
    Because malt we are strayaian and we a rly bad ass
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 9, 2015 ---
    And steve we should be called honeybadgers much better name than zombie defender101 of what ever

kittycity likes this.
  13. Solaris

Since the AU community is pretty small, It can be hard finding people that are actually keen to play and want get involved in a tournament. 4v4 just makes it a lil easier to organise a team, also we didn't want this to turn into a clan v clan tournament.

EhRa and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  14. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

imo 4v4 is significantly less fun than 5v5 because a 4th player is way better suited to be a knight than archer whereas a 5th is slightly better as archer than knight. the formation for 4v4 is generally 1 builder, 3 knights, which isnt fun. whereas 5v5 is generally 1 builder, 3 knights, 1 archer.

i dont see how requiring 1 extra player would limit this tournament really whereas the dynamic gameplay of 5v5 will enhance it significantly.

15. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Not entirely true...

My last cw was a 5v5 it consisted of 2 builders and 3 Knights, with one occasionally going archer.

Although our usual set up is 4 Knights and 1 builder, with one person occasionally going archer but very rarely.

In a 4v4 situation you are able to still play around with the team and who plays what, and it is more intense since there is less people. More team work is required and you are forced to rely a lot more on others. It is fairly interesting to watch.

As someone mentioned earlier for the aus situation we are doing 4v4 with a sub to have more teams participate enchanting the competition. A sub is needed in case a player cannot make it, or needs to leave halfway through. Which does happen.

As its only situated in aus, unlike other competitions where it is global, you must remember the numbers are a tad lower than a global one.

Blue_Tiger and EhRa like this.
  16. Solaris

6 people per team including a sub would give us a very limited amount of teams. Keep in mind this is Oceania not Europe, we have an extremely small amount of people that even play anymore, let alone players that know the forums exist.

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Vote Yellow for laggiest sub :D
    Excited for this to be happening in AU. Do we have anyone to record/spec? Would be best to have solid records for gloating purposes.

E: added to the launcher, good luck with it guys!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  18. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Yeah @jarrydthysse (aka Huvy) is recording it

19. cincoscuencas

cincoscuencas Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

20. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Lee confirmed best bester of besty best ::D::thumbs_up:

Vote Aegis for dead-iest player? (as opposed to deadliest)
    Team posted by cinc, with name about cinc, does not contain cinc.

Stevedog, cincoscuencas and tru0067 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.