1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

AUS/NZ Tournament - $ Cash Prize $

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by JayP9, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Here's a thought. Tournament is still going, now everyone gets to play, some people have different interpretations of phrases then others, and now a flame war is going to start. Or we could like, get an admin to delete the posts that are going to aggravate people? Please?

Blue_Tiger and EhRa like this.
  2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

"One of the teams can't play on the exact date and time that I set and I am not flexible whatsoever, so we're moving the tournament to 3-4 weeks away"

BeasterDenBeast and Stevedog like this.
  3. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

We're postponing for 4 reasons
    - Jay is going on holiday
    - I have Certification exams
    - It's impossible to bust out a tournament in 1 week if people aren't organised
    - People have 3 weeks to now organise a team, instead of a few days

Please chill, this is a thread meant for organising a community tournament for fun times.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Stevedog and JayP9 like this.
  4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

OK, I've cleaned this thread of all irrelevant chat/hate/discussion. Please be civil guys. If you want to argue about something - do so in private.
    Yes, I've kind of abused my powers. No, I'm not in favour of anyone partaking of this thread.
    Please appreciate the time I've wasted on reading the whole thread, since the beginning of it, and trying to assess it to the best of my knowledge.

If you won't stop arguing in this thread - I'll gladly hand out warnings/bans. I mean it.

That said, good luck to all the teams taking part in the tournament.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Darruin, EhRa, SlayerSean and 5 others like this.
  5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I need a team! PM/contact me on IRC if you got a slot for a crappy knight.

6. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Just thought I'd clear things up for anyone that was confused.

On the 31st of December we will be closing the applications for teams, after this the play bracket will be randomized.

I'll post the first round bracket in a private PM with all team leaders (which will be 4 games if we only have 8 teams), so you guys can take a look at who you are vsing and communicate with your opposing team leader a time and date which suits both of your teams to play.

The first round will last from the 5th-12th of next month. Keep in mind we cannot advance to the semis until the first round is complete, so try to get your match done between said dates. If there are any problems with availability we can always extend the first round play period a few days or a week.

After the first round is complete we will advance to semis then finals, the bracket will be updated each time and teams will be able to organise what time and date suits them best to play.

If you have any questions just ask, good luck to everyone and I hope last nights banter hasn't deterred anyone looking to participate ::):.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Stevedog and Monkey_Feats like this.
  7. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Team Cinc is out, However Lee and I would still like to play. @kaizokuroof we will have you if you want, Still need one more player though if anyone else wants a place in our team hit me up.
    Dang I missed something juicy? ::(:

8. Will you guys give out the server password so we can come and watch?
    Also you guys should start developing a rule system because I don't know how people in AUS act but, MLK was a fucking shit show with rules.

brb moving to AUS

PUNK123 likes this.
  9. JayP9

JayP9 HSJJRF Staff Alumni Donator

Uhmmm maybe if anyone that is not on aus really wants to watch the matches and we have available slots sure thing just PM me on forums on the day and ill give the password , but we will give preference to the AUS community ofc, and about the rules we didn't even think of it since the players involved are usually cool people and both me and Solaris will probably attend every match anyway to remind people.

10. Will there be a twitch stream or something for this tournament? so people can watch without needing to join the server?

11. JayP9

JayP9 HSJJRF Staff Alumni Donator

Huvy said it was possible but in low quality , honestly I dont think its worth since we would get 5-10 people max watching . But if someone is happy doing it we have no problem at all with that.

EhRa likes this.
  12. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

It could be possible now, I did get another modem package with a different network, so ill test around with it and see if I can stream it.

Stevedog, Solaris and EhRa like this.
  13. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Steve Pls

14. One of my team members went inactive, so we needed a replacement, and when I saw kaizo asking for a team, i made him an offer to join my team, and he accepted.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm not sure if the horrible photoshop makes that better or worse.

Keep it clean guys, remember that this is in the launcher ;) Looking forward to the results in January.

Stevedog, JayP9, EhRa and 1 other person like this.
  16. geofflitzow

geofflitzow Shipwright

Team Name: Arcane Twilight

Leader: @geofflitzow
    Player 1: @geofflitzow
    Player 2: @Haphazard
    Player 3: @AvadaKedav
    Player 4: @PeteyGee
    Sub: @epsilon

17. Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    EhRa and Solaris like this.
  18. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Stevedog and EhRa like this.
  19. samsamkill4fun7

samsamkill4fun7 Horde Gibber

PINE is switching out siroinkalot for gamer edeks on account that siroinkalot cant make times

JayP9 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.