1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

What do you guys prefer FMA or FMAB?

2. why is this even a question

3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

The only correct answer to that question is "both of them" and I haven't even watched it.

4. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Because i like them equaly

5. U both are criminals

6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Gotta get some hype discussion going, you know what brings hype discussion...?

WANPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Seriously though, I can't believe it's nearly finished... I might have to read the manga afterwards to fill the void, no more getting super excited for Sundays :(

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What are you guys looking forward to this January?
    FMA
    Fight me IRL you won't.

Brotherhood is obviously superior for sticking to storyline, but I preferred the aesthetic of FMA heavily

P.S. Silver Spoon is pretty great by same mangaka, I haven't checked out her other works because I haven't been able to easily find them the way I normally read manga.

Speaking of authors with popular works but the others are good too Mamare Touno is a boss. If you thought Log Horizon was good go check out Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, in my opinion it's the better of the two works, but either way both are great.

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  8. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Watching Guilty Crown at the moment, whilst waiting for airing episodes.

NEWS:
    Kizumonogatari set to be made as a 3 part film trilogy. First part is released in Japanese cinemas on January 8th.
    Shokugeki no Soma will be getting a season 2. Start date is TBA
    Winter 2015/2016 anime chart:
    https://www.livechart.me/winter-2016/tv

9. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Guilty Crown made me mad. That's my only opinion.

10. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Finished Guilty Crown a while ago(I suppose it was alright?), and thought it was appropriate to finish the Clannad series on Christmas Day. Going to start watching either Code Geass, or Zankyou no Terror soon. Since there is a bit of a hiatus until 2016 animu starts, I welcome any recommendations that you guys have(linked my MAL to make things easier).

My MAL: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shagsworth

11. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

You should definetly watch code geass, its a great anime.

12. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Oh definitely FMAB, it's longer and it feels more intense, some characters are significantly different whereas some stay the same as compared to the original FMA... Alex Louis Armstrong stayed badass throughout both. :>

13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

my nigga w/ some GOOD taste (i think i've dropped those same and finished the same ones); i recommend one of the classics Baccano!, maybe something like Welcome To The NHK.

14. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Managed to binge-watch Zankyou no Terror(turned out to be a short series, unfortunately :/ ), I'll get to watching Baccano! and Code Geass. Thanks for the recommendations guys!

BlueLuigi and SirDangalang like this.
  15. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

And if you ever feel like watching a dark/horror/drama anime, I recommend shiki.

16. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  17. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Been trying to find an anime that has a dark comedy vibe to it, I'm not good at searching for these things, any suggestions? ;A;

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

TheAverageMan likes this.
  19. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This. Also, bc FMAB chose to rush the story to where FMA had departed from the manga (i.e. skimping on areas fans had already seen animated so as to get to the new stuff asap) it loses a lot of characterisation. FMA, by comparison, takes a much slower route and consequentially (imho) winds up with characters who've a great deal of depth. Don't get me wrong, FMAB is great; but for first place I have to award it to FMA bc better fleshed out characters --> better story.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I never watched FMA(B), because I prefer to read rather than watch long shounen series. It's easier to read, say, 50 chapters at once, than it is to watch 20 episodes at once.

Is anyone planning to follow anything in the upcoming season? Here is a chart listing all of them (taken from /r/anime).

I think I'm going to watch at least one episode of Sekkou Boys, just to see what the hell is going on.

BlueLuigi likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi