1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mentorship Program 2.0! APPLY FOR STUDENT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmestriStephen, Dec 27, 2015.

1. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Mentorship Program 2.0!

After the success of the first mentorship program "season", we are back!

[​IMG]
    With the introduction of thousands of new players due to the humble bundle and with the likelihood of further promotion it's become apparent that something has to be done to ease the player's transition into the world of KAG.

• To improve the skills of newer players
    • To foster bonds in the community by giving newer players the opportunity to learn with more experienced players
    • To encourage meta evolution by bring the newer player into the fold as quickly as possible
    • To improve the retention rate of KAG by easing players passed the first few weeks (Where people often get discouraged and quit)

The program will work around two week cycles. Every two weeks a new round of students will be selected from the waitlist. The students will be paired with a mentor (or more). For the next cycle the students and mentors will arrange times to meet. In these meetings the mentor plays practice games and teaches the students the finer points of KAG. After those two weeks the student "graduates" and a new set of students is chosen. A student can then reapply to the mentorship program at any time afterwards.
    Hopefully the student will learn how to play KAG.

If you have any further questions or comments feel free to post them here; you can also contact me or @toffie0.

To apply you just have to tell us your region. ANYONE can be a student.

List of pairs (Mentor-Student):

Eluded - Epic_Guard

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Mentor.

TheRicecooker and AmestriStephen like this.
  3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'd be more than happy to be a mentor for @SAcptm, he really needs to up his game.

4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

is this joke?

joshua12131415 and Arcrave like this.
  5. AmestriStephen

No. If you have any CONSTRUCTIVE critique, go on and explain.
    This isn't about clan 2.0, by the way.
    Verz is currently inactive on the forums.

PUNK123, Potatobird and Darknighte9 like this.
  6. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

No. It's was dead and Amestri wanted to revive it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Darknighte9 likes this.
  7. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

I can show some archer if needed

Diazepam and AmestriStephen like this.
  8. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

The Great Daskew..

Will take an archer apprentice and teach him/her (most) of the tricks he has learned in his climb to excellence. Mwuaha.

PM me I've not done this before but I think I am a good teacher and I am also a pro-archer, probably close in skill to the very top archers. And I'm friendly.

I ran a very cool European Archer 1vs1 tournament. I know about arching.

Yes.

9. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Ok a couple of questions:
    1. Is their an applied server, since i wouldnt want to train people in a public game...
    2. Do i get coffee breaks???

icemusher likes this.
  10. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Fucking lol.

toothgrinderx likes this.
  11. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

Ill apply for Aus mentor again

12. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I don't feel comfortable with the mentor-student approach. A buddy system approach would be more viable: a person with more experience in the game can be paired up with a less experienced one instead of calling each other mentor and student.

I, myself, feel a little awkward if I, for instance, am interested with being a "student" and supposedly my "mentor" may be good and experienced in-game but is a douchebag. I would prefer not to look up to him as a mentor but a partner (buddy) instead and whilst we are playing, he can guide me or give hints and advises on how should I approach the situation class-wise and gameplay-wise without worry or thinking of him as someone above me (though technically he is).

It is a little bit flawed because if I were to be recognised as a "student", it makes you feel uncomfortable and shows that you lack confidence with your talent or skill whereas thinking of your counterpart (mentor) as a buddy provides less tension and look up to each equally with the mentor-student status. In addition, said mentor might turn out to be a good guy after all and you end up being friends in the process.

tl;dr The program should promote equality (just like your typical propagandas out there) and a friendly enviroment for newcomers or players that are interested in it instead of the mentor-student approach.

Then again, it is nothing but an opinion. I still hope for the success of it!

13. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

teach me

toothgrinderx likes this.
  14. AmestriStephen

There isn't an applied server, you and your student/mentor/buddy(the buddy discussion is just..) can schedule trainings/matches at the time and the server that YOU decide. This was done to let you feel "free" about it.
    :huh?:
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 27, 2015 ---
    In fact it kinda is a buddy system.. I mean, what is the problem with being called a student? We all have different skills and we can ALWAYS learn from each other. This was done to let people enjoy kag in a different way, the student-mentor titles are just to make things more understandable; a student could teach too, and there is no problem about it. You can call it mentorship program, but you can also call it buddy system (no problem-o)

15. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

im serious

PUNK123 likes this.
  16. AmestriStephen

Woah that's rare
    Class?

icemusher likes this.
  17. throw me into the mix where you see fit

I'm US :sword: ::):

Clev and AmestriStephen like this.
  18. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Ill sign up for a mentor as either :bow: or :hammer: in AUS (masta country).

19. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Apparently helping organise isnt enough... And @eragon200012 has halfly 'blackmailed' me to join and be a mentor....

So I'll be a mentor... Cant promise im any good tho... I can teach all classes, as been playing since 2012.. Also im in the aus

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  20. noodlefishpizza

noodlefishpizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

I want @Mazey to be my mentor :^)

DragonUnitedtm and dual_chiecken like this.