1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scheduled play sessions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WanderMark, Jan 5, 2016.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Hello!

I recently purchased Trench Run and got access to the Early Supporter Build. I've been playing some singleplayer and jumped online a couple of times and absolutely love the feel of the game. However, I always manage to show up when everyone else are away, sipping on their tea.

Question.

Would people be interested in arranging some sort of schedule as to when we could all jump online and play? Nothing obligatory of course, just a set time for people to gather around. I could very well spare about half an hour each day.

Example. We schedule 19:00 EST as "game time." Now you don't have to show up, but if you want to play you know that others might be online at that given time. Making it easier to coordinate some larger matches.

Is this redudant, not practical or do you guys already have something like this?

EhRa likes this.
  2. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

I think most ppl gather at IRC #kag channel. Join it and I'm sure anyone will tell there if he wants to play :) You can use web chat (http://webchat.quakenet.org) if you don't want to download any program for it.

WanderMark likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If some sort of "game time" was agreed upon for each region I'd be happy to find some way to put it in the description for each region as well, fwiw.

EhRa likes this.
  4. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Similar to what Franik pre much said...

Every time I play I'm tempted to go into irc and type in caps "ANYONE WANNA PLAY TRENCH RUN WITH ME!!!" Only reason I haven't is because of the day embarrassment that follows... And some annoyed people... Maybe create a separate trench run channel on irc... That u can bug people on...

Another idea is to hold an event... That'll both get people to buy it and get more to play etc. thinking of something similar to an admins vs all... Kinda thing.., only there's no admins on trench run... So :/ devs vs all?

ATM I just go on and play a few gams and spend all my money on drinks (level 7 drunk level) and then play a few more and then play basketball. Pre fun.

Tho this sounds like a good idea... Just need to get that good time.

EhRa and WanderMark like this.
  5. franek123

There actually is separate #TrenchRun channel, not many ppl there yet tho. Join it NOW! Also it would be cool if there was official information about that channel somewhere

WanderMark likes this.
  6. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

What server is usually the most populated? EU or US?

I know that the game was just recently made available for purchase, but what kind of player count do you guys usually see?

Edit: Great, didn't know about that IRC channel!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  7. franek123

Depends on time mostly. But there are probably some more US players i think, not sure

EhRa and WanderMark like this.
  8. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

Irc is best idea for it

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

In future I'd rather merge #Trenchrun and #Kag into something like #thdgames. No need to further spread our community. Also I'm already in ~20 channels on QuakeNet.

WanderMark likes this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey