1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Iko Mapmaking Contest - 7 TRENCH RUN KEYS AS PRIZES

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by bunnie, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I wonder how much morei could get if i would buy 4 tr keys more and make the contest last a week longer...

Lava and --AmC-- like this.
  2. Considering I've made 4 a day so far ;)

bunnie likes this.
  3. RivetSpawn

RivetSpawn Horde Gibber Official Server Admin

Well I'll likely be mapping every now and then anyway so you're welcome to host anything that takes your fancy.

bunnie likes this.
  4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

well even after the contest ends, i'd love to add some new maps to the mapcycle now and then! ::):

5. --AmC--

--AmC-- Bison Rider

@wormy Gosh, If you bought other 4, I would love you forever <33333. :heart: Trench Run, It's a 11/10 and would like to play it 25252525 @wormy 2k16 anyone?

bunnie likes this.
  6. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

:huh?: you're the one with 9 maps already!

bunnie, Cobramuziek86 and --AmC-- like this.
  7. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

less people posting = less competition, less competition = me win, more competition = me has to work to make more maps

bunnie likes this.
  8. Not to brag or anything but I just finished my 18th map for this ::P:

bunnie likes this.
  9. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

Just because you have more maps doesn't mean you're going to win. Not saying your maps are bad, I actually like some of them. It's just exactly what @SJD360 said:
    You just need to spend more time on your maps, if you're blasting out maps out of your anus every second and they're all shit (ha, get it?) they're not going to win (not talking about you, just an example hopefully that clears things up). But if you actually put heart and lots of time and effort into it; for example, testing, looking at some inspiring maps, putting detail and attention into everything, and much more, you can end up with a good map and maybe win. Now that's why I personally rate myself, so I know that I didn't put a lot of effort in and maybe I can go back and change my mistakes.

I think you could really improve from this, hope this helps.

bunnie likes this.
  10. Croco-Dile

Croco-Dile The Reptilian Donator

There should've been a limit to like 6 maps per person Quality>Quantity I played on the contest server and some maps are just...25252525

Cobramuziek86, bunnie and GreyHCK like this.
  11. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

If you notice one of my maps missing, I have removed it. This is usually because of my self pity, and disliking my own work.

Ooh also, @wormy if you see one of my maps gone from my posts, could you please take it off your server? Sorry.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 31, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 31, 2016 ---
    @Croco-Dile Please tell me if one of those are one of my maps. I need the criticism so I can improve ::):

Also; I agree with your argument, I would personally say 5 - 10, but otherwise I totally think this should be true. @wormy try this out. I mean imagine if everyone made 255 maps and they were all good enough to get on your server... yeah. Lol :X3:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  12. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Who are you?

13. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

he so far sent me 18 maps in private conversation

SJD360 likes this.
  14. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Also, a perfect example of Quality > Quantity is from @MadRaccoon and @--AmC-- , both of them made one map and they have pretty much already landed themselves in the winner's circle already. But as @Vexrak said, if you keep on plopping out a map every 5 minutes, it doesn't mean you're going to win; doesn't matter if you make 50 of them, if their quality is significantly below average then it'd just be a waste of time. My maps aren't that great, they have some level of quality but playability is rather low, despite there being seven (10 at a later date) of them.

Just my opinion Lava, but I think --AmC--'s single map has crushed a majority of your maps, and even some of mine.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 31, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 31, 2016 ---
    Ahhh, not bad. :P

15. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

Hey, @SJD360 my battle of Teraks map keeps breaking, like all the doors and ladders aren't spawning and the platforms break! I know this is totally the wrong post, but I took it down because of this and you seem like you know what you're doing with maps. Also you're online. So that's a plus ::D:

16. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Yeeeaaahhh Mine does that aswell and I have no clue what causes it or how to fix it, sorry. ;A;

17. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

@SJD360 ayy, no problem! Hopefully I can see one of your new awesome maps in a minute though!
    Also PM me if you wanna collaborate! I'm really good at making abandoned crap and you're excellent at terrains and mines. I think we could make an awesome map together. PM me if you're intrested!

Also @wormy is there aloud to be collaboration entries by any chance? Probably not because that would require 2 keys (or more) then there could only be 3 (or less) winners.

Ok guys I'll stop hinting at it. Sorry lol.

18. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

more like 3

19. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

@Vexrak , me and RivetSpawn were talking about doing a collab map for funzies a few days ago, and I mentioned about a 3rd collaborator and making a map called "Triple Threat". xD

RivetSpawn and Vexrak like this.
  20. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

more like 1, it was pretty boring to see all the new maps. Also cause lots of them are the already-seen floating island, or big void in the middle, or big void in the middle filled with water. Not to mention lots of them are pretty big. Usually iko's didn't have all those "huge maps". They were small, allowing fast paced games to happen.

Lava likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.