1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Trench Run Trench Run Free Weekend ON NOW! 5-7 FEB!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Everyone!

Today we're happy to announce the next Trench Run Free Weekend!

It will run from the 5th to the 7th Feb 2016, which is this coming weekend! Set aside some time to play the game, particularly if you haven't had time yet, as it's almost finished!

Free Code: c181933f78095bf13dfd786a45f072db
    Download Here: https://trenchrun.thd.vg/en/download

The free weekend code can be redeemed for this weekend only, and will be removed from any accounts after the event is over. There is no separate build to download, just grab your OS version the download page! Redeem your code in the user panel after logging in on the trench run site.

[​IMG]
    The shops are open and ready to party!

Once you activate the code, you will have full online access to Trench Run for the weekend:
    • Online Play - because humans are much more interesting than bots!
    • Persistent Coins - win coins to use in the lobby for fun diversions!
    • Community Lobby - kick back and enjoy a drink or make new friends in a game of basketball between rounds!
    • Costumes and Pets - unleash your unique flair with a flashy suit, cool hat, or a loyal pet dog. More costumes and pets will be added each build!
    Also, if you buy the game (on the same account), any coins earned, as well as your purchased costume and pet, will be yours to keep after the weekend!

Old players should be sure to check in over the weekend as well, as there's a heap of new content added to enjoy, and you'll be able to play with the free weekend players as well.
    • New Engineer - Simpler Rocket Launcher and Remote Explosive!
    • New Maps - including procedural tunnels!
    • Costumes - because who doesn't want a cool hat?
    • Pets - get a faithful dog, a terrifying croc, or a serene fern!
    Once it's started, it would be a great time to tell your friends on facebook, share the news on twitter, or bug your friends and family to play with you - share the code around, we'll see you in the trenches!

How to play
    (skip 1-2 if you have a KAG account - just use your KAG credentials)

1. Go to https://trenchrun.thd.vg/ and click “Register” to register an account.
    2. Activate it by clicking on the link in the email you received.
    3. Activate the premium version of Trench Run in your user panel on the website (top-right corner) with the key from the top of this thread
    4. Download the game (for PC, Mac or Linux): https://trenchrun.thd.vg/en/download
    5. Launch the game, log in, select a server and play :)

Known issues:
    - on OSX fullscreen will give you a black screen

Have Fun!

Max & Michał

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
  2. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Sounds cool. The new lobby looks tip-top, can't wait to don a sexy hat onto my luscious locks and chill with the hipster shop keeper xD.

Geti likes this.
  3. Can't wait for it! I might buy the game before the weekend though ::D:

Geti likes this.
  4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Free weekend when my mapmaking contest will end and i will give out 7 tr keys :rektlord:

bru-jaz and Geti like this.
  5. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Just like in kag, everytime I actually begin to enjoy some of the mechanics they get updated for no reason

6. TerranMarine

TerranMarine Haxor

i could buy this, but with that new dollar-to-ruble course it's way too expensive, so must have as much fun as possible this weekend

Geti likes this.
  7. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Huzzah for new content and pet ferns!!!
    I shall name him George :r_flex:

Geti likes this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: engineer changes for no reason - if you've ever played with or against engie with ping you'll know just how desynced those rockets are. The remote explosives are also available to block areas and can be used to climb walls. They also deliberately reduce the melee potential of the class, as the bazooka works well enough vs commandos without being spammy like crates.

@wormy they'll have people to play with ;)
    @TerranMarine there's been a lot of give aways, look out for chances for free keys !

9. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Damn Gatu I lub u <3

abels likes this.
  10. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Honestly, you have a point, I'll wait and see what you cooked for us C:

11. Geti

Bumping this up - the free weekend will start soon enough, but Build 9 is out now for anyone who's purchased or wants to play offline!

https://trenchrun.thd.vg/en/download

[​IMG]

• New engineer with bazooka and remote explosives
    • New maps
    • Random map features
    • Pets
    • Costumes
    • 100 coin cap
    • 20+ bug fixes

Have at it and let me know any major issues before the event starts up!

franek123, makmoud98 and Noburu like this.
  12. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Were basketball physics changed? It definitely feels like it

13. Geti

Not that I know of? it's possible MM snuck a change in there somewhere though. you can still throw from the same distance though for sure. We just had a few bigger games and was nice to see people already interested in saving their coins. Will be interesting to see what decisions people make when there's a full complement of costumes and pets :)

Noburu likes this.
  14. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

RIP Bots. I had an assault jump up and down on the spot endlessly while an engineer a few blocks away crouched indefinitely. I got the chance to T-bag a live engi, though so, yeah. ::P:

EDIT: Still love the LOL moments in this game! like when you throw your last grenade, it completely misses your target, but instead hits ammo resupply floating in and the explosion sends it directly on to you, giving you full ammo again! Or getting blown across the map only to land on health. ::D:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Geti likes this.
  15. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

100 coins for the only girl skin ;-; I may actually have to give up drinking...

16. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

100 coins for suit, only 100 coins to go ;P

17. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

The dates are slightly longer than what Geti said. Just to make sure that everyone has the chance to play the game during their weekend.

18. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Everything seems awesome except...Engineer unlimited C4. You guys forgot about it, or you want it to be that way? If so i don't really get it, commandos stand no chances

19. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Joined in, drunken engineers are power
    :r_flex::B)::flex:

SirDangalang likes this.
  20. CodeRedAlert

CodeRedAlert Arsonist Tester

Kag with worse pixels?