1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Trench Run Trench Run Free Weekend ON NOW! 5-7 FEB!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 3, 2016.

1. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I think the new engineer is confusing the cpu quite a bit. All he seems to be doing in matches is crouching and not attacking at all. :ehh:

bru-jaz, Bint and Mazey like this.
  2. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

YOuhoohoh beat @Monsteri record ::P:::D:::): yesterday
    basketball.png

Joiken and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Read the OP

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I guess USA takes basketball more seriously.
    bball.png

FuzzyBlueBaron and SirDangalang like this.
  5. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Eyy, I played with you for not so long ago. I'm actually in EU, but I decided to hop on to US for some reason.

6. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Login failed all the time

Really, i only have 2 days to play, and half of it im losing it with the fcking login

I'm inside of trench run page, and doesnt load ingame

are u trolling or wat, geti?

lisedupuis111 likes this.
  7. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

tfw you look at your coins and they're down from what they were and you realise mashing keys near the basketball vender steals your coins

pls give a warning, i was so close to the crocodile

(by that i mean i was at 8 coins and now im at 4)

8. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

Login always fail

9. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

sounds cool, I'll construct a version from in-game assets later today :wink:

bru-jaz likes this.
  10. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I tought it was a one-time only, but local "run" mode keeps glitching very often. Some trucks come from the sky and get stuck in the corner of the screen. I press "exit to menu" and then everything freezes as "awaiting for connection" (then must kill the process).

Am i the only one who experience this? ... or the question maybe should be : am i the only one who even is trying to play run mode locally?

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It happens when you try to play local after going to online, restart if you want to play local.

12. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Got it.
    ------
    After playing skirmish for a while (locally) i can say the new engineer is really fun to use. as others said, you can have a lot of hilarious moments. But im afraid it's really OP (god, ive never thought i would ever use that word in this forum).

Here's a detailed description of what ive leaned testing the new change. Notice ive marked in red the things i consider really cheap and over powered.
    The "bazooka" (wich i actually thought it was a kind of mortar because the falling curve)
    -Has a
    large range at open fields, although the decay of the proyectile over distance.
    -Makes big holes in destructible structures because its
    vast explosion radius.

-Max capability: 3 missiles.
    The C4
    -Has a big radius of explosion and damage.
    -It can stomp the enemy and kill him but when it falls on you, it
    doesn't.
    -When active, you can use it as a platform (on walls i.e.)
    -It has
    infinite
    ammo and virtually no recharge time after you exploded it (so you haven't necessarily use it wisely to kill).
    -If set manually, it will stick on almost every surface (although sometimes glitches and goes through the ceiling all the way out to the roof or the surface if you are in a cave).

-You can throw it like a granade, and depending the height, it can even act as a sticky bomb.
    -After being deployed, it disguises as a crate to fool the enemy.
    -It cannot be destroyed/defused.
    About the bazooka:
    Although the fact that doesnt feel much a bazooka anymore, and im not saying it's a bad thing, you gave the engineer class the same range power as the damn sniper. You can even reach the other side of the map in one second and snipe your enemies. Because of it radius, you dont even need the precise accuracy of a sniper if you just blow everything -it doesn't always kills if far enough from the blast, wich is fair, but it does wound, wich means with another light blast the objective is dead-
    The c4:
    Obviously you will remove the unlimited ammo, because it has no reason to be like that.
    The time it needs to deploy vs explosion radius it's ridiculous. Either it should have more waiting time, or it should be less powerful.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the explosion between the three explosive weapons (grenade/bazooka/c4) is the same, wich is a nonsense because they all has different levels of difficulty to use. (Assault's grenade now became useless because of its activation time compared to the engineer, but that is a thing for another post).
    If the stomping stays, i think it must kill you if falls on you.
    This last thing with the disguise mechanic arent OP features by themselves, but if you put all together with the power of the explosive and the primary weapon, it turns quite a lot of stuff for one class, compared to the others.
    There must be a way of destroying it (or better) defusing it if you are in the next block from it. Old crates could be destroyed, so why this couldnt if now it even explodes!

Last thoughts: The change has a good intention and a fun result, but it doesnt feel fair wining with this class anymore. It has too many gadgets compared to the other classes (you could add more to the others to compensate maybe :heart:).
    You tried to make engineer useless in close-combat, but because the fact that is no suicidal-penalty in TR, youve made the engineer class the perfect kamikaze. Now one just wont be afraid if anyone is chasing you because at the instant he gets close to you, you blow everyone including yourself and still getting frags (without mentioning you can even trap who is hunting you in a small corridor/cave).
    By the way, although all these balance things, i dont think "engineer" is the right name to the class anymore, because he just explodes things up now. It's the perfect example of the demoman of the game.

Ive spent quite long time writing this to make sense in english, so please, read it.

ps: next post: broken bots :oops:.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Achillios likes this.
  13. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

this is fixed

14. if i used this code , i gotta tr forever?

15. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Na, it's for the free time period. You need to buy it, to have it forever.

Also:

Bugs Ive seen so far:

• When paying for music in the bar area, musicians don't play any song. (might as well as pay them to stop)
    • CPU Engineer's duck instead of shooting. When they do this other cpu's have a very hard time attempting to kill them with only trying occasionally to actually kill them).
    • CPU's in Skirmish change class every round.
    • CPU looks like is alive but isnt. (can be rare, but proven in this build). They look as of they have lag, and are teleporting a bunch of times.
    Things that arent bugs but...
    • In the VIP section drinks cost 3 dollars instead of 1.
    • Once the basketball goes off the map, its lost forever (happens regularly)
    • In Skirmish mode, rules say 8 kills needed, when you only need 5.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Noburu and SirDangalang like this.
  16. Prototype

Prototype Haxor

Wow, cool. Thanks for code :*

17. ingra

ingra Bison Rider
    1. Active Forum Users

:3

Captura de tela 2016-02-07 17.05.40.png

SirDangalang likes this.
  18. BarsukEughen555