1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Who are you even responding to? Are you talking about Your Lie in April?

2. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

His response was to TheAverageMan posting about the new Berserk animation having CGI, but from what I can see you responded with your post before he edited the quote in, might wanna edit your post now since you look kinda dumb now lmao

3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

lol yeah, looks like he just messed up the quote, and fixed it afterwards. Back on topic, then.
    I'm not a huge fan of CGI either, but I watched the Berserk movies and I think it translated pretty well in some action scenes, especially later ones. (Maybe I got used to it.) It helps that they used hand-drawn faces.

Also, it's funny that you mention Fire Emblem cutscenes, because those are generally accepted as examples of good CGI. I get that it conveys a different feel, though

That said, the PV does look pretty ugly. The walking looked pretty awkward. And using CGI for monsters specifically tends to look weird (thinking of Fate/Stay Night UBW).

4. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Finished Shokugeki no Souma, what the fuck season 2 when? It's literally a battle shounen disguised with cooking and it's surprisingly well written with an interesting cast of characters, moar plz.

Back to catching up with Haikyuu! S2, I read quite a bit in the manga but stopped since I really want to see that certain match animated. Maybe I should start clearing my backlog, my On Hold list is growing bigger and it's starting to scare me.

5. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Well, the Mangaka is known for making Hentai doujinshis, that's actually what he started off as, quite interesting actually.

ALSO PART 4 PLEASE COME FASTER PLEAS EPLEA SPLEASE PLEAS EPLEAS PLEASE

NinjaCell likes this.
  7. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Besides airing animu, I've just finished Hyouka and Noragami(with one of my friends). We plan on starting the sequel, Noragami Aragoto quite soon, and I may also start Kill la Kill too!

Anyways, what are your opinions on the winter 2016 season so far?

8. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

dead thread is dead, lemme revive it.

Caught up with Haikyu S2, man I missed this show, episode 19(?) today!

Also started watching Nanatsu no Taizai recently, it has exceeded my expectations as a 'battle shounen' already, have been enjoying it so far.

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  9. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Enjoyed Nanatsu no Taizai only because of the OST. Sawano is a beast.

Hawxx likes this.
  10. Lawrence_Shagsworth

It has been a while since my last post, and I have finished many series since then. Most recently I finished Toradora! and K-On!, and I enjoyed both series very much! I've been planning to watch a few movies, but outside of Studio Ghibli(and a few other notables) I am unsure of what is worthwhile to watch. Recommendations for movies would be very welcome!

SirDangalang likes this.
  11. What's going on :) Someone explain to me :D?

12. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

13. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

That moment when you barely know anything about anime and look in this thread.

WHAT'S GOING ON!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

[​IMG]

SirDangalang likes this.
  14. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

welcome to the UNDERSIDE of the forums

[​IMG]

NinjaCell and SirDangalang like this.
  15. Lawrence_Shagsworth

FOOD WARS INITIATE! Kudos on the gifs, you guys never disappoint.

Meanwhile, just started K-On! season 2 and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Yagger likes this.
  16. Give a link !!! :c

17. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

2 Words and one letter: Dragon Ball Z

18. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

For movies I'd definitely recommend Paprika and 5cm per second.

Watch out for 5cm per second though, it may cause depression. (I was pretty darn sad for like 2 days, the song at the end man, fuck)

Paprika will just rip apart your mind in the most nonsensical way, it's amazing.

19. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

5cm per second is really good but man does it weather the soul when you watch it lol :QQ:

Another good movie is "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" produced by Madhouse. Has a fair share of funny and shocking moments ;)

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  20. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

So the two words are Ball and Z and the letter is Dragon right?

[​IMG]

Lava likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi