1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Official servers ban appeals

Discussion in 'Help' started by Furai, Sep 30, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

This thread is for players who wish to appeal a ban on one of the official servers.

Individual game server bans are not handled here.

Please clearly state your case and why you'd like your ban lifted. Discussion in this thread should be kept to a minimum. Logs and proofs of any sort are welcome.

Be patient, don't post many times while waiting for a reply, one will come, eventually.

2. Albino_Smurf

Albino_Smurf Catapult Fodder

Hi, I just got banned from one of the KAG Official CTF servers, I'm not really sure why exactly but I had just gotten a ping spike of up to 3000 so maybe automatic server banning for moving too fast...?

frankgrimes likes this.
  3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

It sounds like usual ping kick. It bans you automatically and it's usually not longer than 10 minutes.

4. D4RKx

D4RKx Catapult Fodder

Hi, I just got banned form one of the KAG CTF official servers and I have no idea why. I decided I wanted to play some CTF so i hopped on this server and 5 mins later my game crashes, so I restart my computer and re-load the game. Once I'm on the game I click on the server and it takes me back to the main screen telling me I'm banned from the server. The worst thing I could possible think I did wrong was not launch someone in a catapult...
    Can someone help me?

5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

It sounds like your ping might have fluctuated and you disconnected (occasionally a disconnect will crash your client). By the time you read this, the short ban time will probably be up (it's only a 5 minute ban).

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Are you sure the game crashed? if you get disconnectd, you have to click the screen before you can reach the menu through ESC. That may look like a game crash.

7. RevengeZA

RevengeZA Catapult Fodder

Hello I got banned form Official FUN CTF 1 and Official FUN CTF 2. I know why I got banned and I really am sorry for what I have done and I think that I would like to have a last chance in the game because I really do enjoy this game and will not do it again. Please give me a last chance :(

PS: I did not hack.

8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

The Official Fun servers aren't actually official servers, thus this is the wrong thread. I understand the confusion, but try this thread instead: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/official-fun-ctf-server.23715/

For future reference official servers (the servers run by THD) are highlighted gold in the server browser, and they are all vanilla

PUNK123 and blackjoker77777 like this.
  9. Joecuster

Joecuster Catapult Fodder

I recently picked this game up on the humble bundle and haven't even been playing 2 hours. I was on KAG official CTF US, and I don't really know what to do when I start so people yelled at me for sitting there as a knight. I then switched to a builder the round I was kicked for building a wooden base around the flag. The wooden structure got destroyed by another player and then I was vote kicked for griefing. I've been trying to read up on how to play the game on the forums between deaths :/ I said I had no idea what I was doing as well in the chat.

10. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Vote kicks are about 20ish mins (dunno how long exactly) So try again atm, and ill come on and spec the match to make sure it doesnt happen again. Sound good? Just tell me if u can get on

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  11. Joecuster

Joecuster Catapult Fodder

The server is fairly dead right now (last I checked). I started playing on the second KAG official CTA server. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

12. Chiptendo

Chiptendo Catapult Fodder

I was banned from the KAG Official CTF US server because a mod thought a trap I built was "cancer". They almost banned a guy just for being next to me in the process. Here's an image of the type of trap I built. Is this against the rules? Is there a "what not to build in CTF" list so that if my ban is lifted I can avoid building said structures?
    [​IMG]

Here's the Chat log. Mod: ETID|toothgrinderx
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  13. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Alright try placing spikes on stone so they are what is considered team friendly. To use the team escape teammates would a,ready be injured from the trap beforehand, some of these would result in death by the trap because the team escape requires pain if you either go through the doors or fall.

Try using stone spikes instead as I said above and also trap doors to make your trap a bit more user friendly than team killing.

Probably should have been questioned before you were banned... But yeah.

(Also I believe the guy next to him was banned due to that argument on irc)

Blubahub likes this.
  14. Chiptendo

I did one over stone, the next round where Xanoxis was next to me I was in the process of building it in a large area where he then frozed, tp'd, and banned. :/ But is building something like that bannable? If it is I won't build it again.

15. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I don't find traps like that to be bannable, I would show who ever made it to place team structures down, like placing down team trap doors down.
    I would only give them a warning, The only time i would freeze somebody is when they spam spikes on the ground,

Traps like that is part of kag, if you don't build it good, then it does not help out much.

Blubahub likes this.
  16. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

teleported? are you sure you're talking about an official server?

17. Chiptendo

Yes, nothing killed us, we just ended up at spawn again while frozen.

18. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

i mean someone would just fall in the pit and tunnel out the dirt(knights or builders could). It is more stupid than anything else :|, Also @toothgrinderx

19. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

The traps built were much worse than the picture he posted and pretty much intended for team mates to die only. I don't see a point to continue this conversation. He's unbanned already.

20. Wilczuk

Wilczuk Catapult Fodder

Hello, i ve got banned on official server for grief (by accident) and i dont know for how long ban holds?
    I ve waited for 16 hours now and i dont know that i will be unbanned.
    Please help!

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey