1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG Build 1792 - Steam Achievements, Fixes and Resolution Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Mar 14, 2016.

?

How Excited are you for Achievements?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2016.
  1. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW EXCITED!

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. I WILL COLLECT THEM ALL!

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. I AM MUCH MORE INTERESTED IN THE COLOURFUL FLOWERS!

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey everyone!

First up, the major change this time around is the addition of Steam Achievements! If after the build is out you have trouble seeing progress on the achievements, please get in touch with us on the forums! If not, for the completionists out there - get collecting! There are 64 achievements total including 4 super secret achievements. Huge props to @norill and @Skinney, our two interns who have been behind this massive workload!

[​IMG]
    Some of the sweet achievement art! 64 of these bad boys to unlock!

Secondly, the game has been changed from a 4:3 ratio by default to a more modern widescreen layout - the default resolution has changed from 1024x768 to 1280x720 (720p). This should increase the appearance of the game at most modern fullscreen resolutions, and allow the use of KAG on some laptop screens with a small vertical resolution. The game will also no longer allow the specification of a window size very close to the desktop resolution - the reason for this is that the OS will resize the window anyway in those cases and cause the game to render badly.

This change may cause some teething pains and graphical issues, please report them on the forums and we'll look into the ASAP. We're still working on some of the "black screen" issues introduced recently, but it seems that a lot of these issues are actually caused by out of date graphics drivers. Please update your drivers before reporting any graphical issues on any OS!

Game side, a few small things have been added and fixed:
    Code:
    [fixed] mines will reliably deploy in all settings as long as they are still
    	(note - this does mean that they wont deploy when on a moving boat, but they can be moved once deployed and wont retract)
    [fixed] fire kills not credited correctly
    [fixed] several crashes
    [added] SURGE head - congratulations for winning MLK2!
    [modified] flowers more colourful
    [removed] Warboat decaying when left alone
    [fixed] ramming kills not credited
    [added] drill hitter type
    [fixed] several tutorial placement/graphical bugs (thanks makmoud98)
    [added] sync to faketech methods (may fix desync on ballista bomb bolt tech)

Have Fun!

Max, Michal and all the THD Team!

RampageX, Achillios, Psiklaw and 10 others like this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Capture the princess is broken. It keeps on fading at the end so you cant complete it. Also at the moment the achievements still don't work.

3. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

Still not getting the achievements after doing the tasks to unlock them.
    It said to contact you if this happened, so...
    Also it says wrong server password when I try to play any solo mission.
    Just to let you know. :P

Anyways, thanks guys for helping in advance.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  4. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

::)::thumbs_up:
    No longer will I be forced to watch another (wo)man get credit for my (totally epic, I swear...) kill because they managed to land a jab after my fire arrow hit the enemy.

Achillios and norill like this.
  5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

If you try to get on any of "Furai" servers then they are passworded.

6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Some players perceiving the new forcing resolution system is making their normal zoom distance bigger. I bet that those, as me, were used to play KAG with a stretched zoom (native resolution is 1366 x 768 here), where everything was a bit wider than high. That might be a killer if you're used to. It would be good for us old rats to have the possibility of not forcing the resolution into how it's supposed to look like. Check what I mean and what some of us are used to:
    First image is previous build (the emot wheel reaches the bottom and the emots are a bit stretched, as everything else, and the zoom looks closer).

(I suppose we'll get used t it and we will all be happy with the new update, so don't take this too seriously.)

screen-16-03-12-18-39-15.png

zoom and Q wheel now.jpg

7. Achievements not working for me as well.

Expecting a hotfix to start catching them all ::D:

8. Shen2

Shen2 Drill Rusher

Achievements aren't working and there seems to be something wrong with the zoom and problems with the fps :QQ::QQ:

Joiken likes this.
  9. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

so no achievements zooming issues resolution is ded and i just crashed... in other words BEST BUILD EVER!!!

10. Sniips

Sniips Haxor

KAG crashed because of a runtime error, first time happening. And archers are still as Overpowered. Thanks for the update, though.

11. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

All eu servers and clients crashes after some play time for runtime error

bru-jaz likes this.
  12. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Hey doctor I'm hurt somewhere

(Give details as much as you can, this doesn't help devs at all)

13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Can someone post the surge head to this thread?

14. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Dibujo.PNG
    There's nothing on the logs, though

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  15. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

EDIT to my statement:
    apparently somebody was attempting to join a server with this name من می خورد دیک خو (not joking). Server can't handle it

16. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Do you have that in your log? "player asdasdas conected as " etc? Or was it the last thing you see?.
    Because i dont have anything on my logs. It just crashed before the match starts

17. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

i have it in my steam friendlist and another steam friend tried to do that too succesfully.

18. Shen2

Shen2 Drill Rusher

That's Persian for "i used suck cock" if that helps:huh?:

bru-jaz, tarfalas, Psiklaw and 5 others like this.
  19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

[​IMG]
    In your KAG folder, open autoconfig.cfg with a text editor, search for "sv_password" and make sure there's nothing after the "=" like this:
    [​IMG]
    I assume you mean Save the Princess. It seems to work fine for me, can someone else try too?

--

Achievements are disabled by accident :oops: they're finished though so I assume a hotfix will come soon

Blue_Tiger and PinXviiN like this.
  20. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

You forgot about new hidden (not known yet) bug.
    Btw. being not able to do any damages as a builder wasn't fixed? ...
    Also achievements - is not it retarded to make an update and forgot to enable the most important feature of it?
    (Sorry Norill >:P) and thanks, you've made something that should be done months ago. Props2u.