1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG Build 1792 - Steam Achievements, Fixes and Resolution Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Mar 14, 2016.

?

How Excited are you for Achievements?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2016.
  1. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW EXCITED!

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. I WILL COLLECT THEM ALL!

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. I AM MUCH MORE INTERESTED IN THE COLOURFUL FLOWERS!

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. There's also this annoying bug that whenever I stop playing a game it starts saying I'm playing KAG when I'm not. And when I try to open KAG or close steam I can't 'cause it says the game is already running. What I have to do to play is close steam on task manager and delete the "appcache" folder then open steam and therefor KAG.

And yes, I checked task manager for the process and there's nothing on there. (I'm running Win10 with AMD components)

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Did the game crash? I've seen the crash reporter cause this.

3. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

same on AUS CTF
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 16, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 16, 2016 ---
    Crash Sender 1042.exe *32 - the process to look for, comes up everytime you open KAG on steam and sometimes it attempts to send a crash report but always fails. (if this is fixed, can the desktop screenshot stop being mandatory?)

4. Osmal

Osmal Bison Rider Donator
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Just a note, the crash sender sometimes seems to prevent my programs (like chrome, FL Studio, Gimp) to open (at least quickly). When I close the 'crash report delivery module' process, my programs can open normally.

Anyway the 'runlocalhost not loading mods' is a pain in the ass, because I dont know a way to see what causes an error when im using dedicated server. For example, if I restart server and try to join, but cant'because of an error in a script (error compiling server scripts), console only tells me which script is faulty but nothing specific. Console logs say the same. This makes debugging pretty furstrating, is there a way to see the error?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  5. Nope, the game runs normally. And It happens even when I just turn on my computer. Without even opening KAG once.

6. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

But mines were fixed!!! (ive checked it. that was the most important fix in the update for me)

Geti and SirDangalang like this.
  7. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Cool update, guys. Now I can't change my resolution settings or go fullscreen, and the game is locked at a window size larger than my screen, so I can't see part of the window. Editing startup_config does nothing, entering manual values in the launcher does nothing, and choosing preset values does nothing. You know what they say: Don't break what was only slightly broken.

EDIT: So this is a result of locked res, apparently. Why lock the res in windowed mode though? I can enter fullscreen in the Steam version, but the Steam version has no sound, and fullscreen mode causes unplayable input lag.

RadioActive likes this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's not locked, it's limited. As of whenever the next patch goes out (probably today), it'll be limited to your desktop res.
    If you're editing the file by hand and there's no "reset = 1" line (or you set it to 0 or similar), it'll generate a new resolution for you each time. Do not remove the reset line.

If it's going larger than your screen, there's something wrong with your settings. If you're in high dpi mode (ie on any new, windows 8 or 10 laptop running something stupid like 1080p in a tiny screen, or just a very high dpi monitor) please disable it for KAG.

Re all the "argh broken why did you break it, clearly on purpose to make me unhappy!!!" - honestly, the last thing we want to do is break anything. These changes were tested, but obviously have some pretty serious compatibility bugs. We're working on it.

Glad someone noticed :^)

Honestly I'm in favour of removing it completely but MM apparently occasionally looks at the reports it generates. Please send emails to support every now and again so we can get more than one voice in on this if you'd be in favour of removing it.

bru-jaz likes this.
  9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

The crash reporter doesn't even work. Literally every time I've clicked "send", on every computer that I've ever had KAG installed, it just says "Send completed with errors" (it fails to send), and it's right back again next time I open KAG with exactly the same backlog. So I don't know what MM could possibly be reading.

EDIT: Oh yea, I joined a match earlier and people were saying my name was showing up as "UnnamedPlayer". I checked the scoreboard and it displayed my normal name, but several people expressed confusion. This seems like a problem, but I have little clue about what actually happened.

bru-jaz and blackjoker77777 like this.
  10. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Totally true! In all the years ive been playing kag, that service didn't send the report even ONCE...

-------About graphics change.-----
    I really had no trouble with it. It plays as normal. No bugs nor glitches.
    ...Anyway. I would suggest you, Geti to enhance the title's background as every time i open kag or maximize it i always think there's some problem with my tv or even my eyes!!!
    20160317193921_1.jpg
    Fx ds plz lol u suk wy r u trying to make my life miserable?

I'm actually joking . I know you wouldnt *fix* something that trivial, but i admitt it's pretty weird to the eye. I think it's just matter of getting use to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016
    Blue_Tiger likes this.
  11. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

To be honest, the achievements looks frickin' good.

RadioActive, norill and PUNK123 like this.
  12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Now that the CTF mapcycle is fixed and my map Pork_Buns is on rotation, I can make the joke:

Joiken and bru-jaz like this.
  13. bespers

bespers Catapult Fodder

They may have been fixed bug wise, but not play wise. (mines were better before halloween).

14. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Halloween of this year or the past year? (i dont know its date)- Do you mean before they were "shield proof"?

15. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

The setting 'Snap camera to pixel' never saves for me so i always need to disable it every time i play. Are you able to fix it?

16. Geti

I'll put it on the list, its probably just totally overridden. It causes lots of visual issues in normal play though and I wouldn't recommend using it, unfortunately.

17. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I have been using it for a while now and not experienced anything unusual? What visual issues are you talking about?

18. Geti

Lots of pixel-warping, tile texture coordinates being rounded badly, and the objects/terrain moving relative to each other. It's definitely minor stuff and it varys by gpu, but obviously we can't really rely on people's graphics all being the same :) The alternative that would be smoother, but breaks down for rotated objects, is snapping the sprite vertices to the pixel grid and allowing the camera to move freely, but you still get a bit of "swimming" in the texture coordinates due to rounding that way.

In any case, I'll look at making sure that it's not overridden next build, so those who want to use it/dont mind the issues it brings in, can use it.

PUNK123 likes this.
  19. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Another request: sometimes KAG randomly spawns you at the spawn tent rather than at a ballista. Can you make it so it remembers your last spawn point instead of randomly spawning you back at base. I am not sure if this still occurs or if it has been fixed recently.
    Also, will you ever consider custom heads on official servers? The community have really enjoyed Skinney's Blowjob Mod and I think it would be a great addition into KAG official servers.
    Thank you for everything you do.

20. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I think that only happens when the ballista is being taken by the enemy. (If an enemy steps next to the ballista, with no teamate defending it, at the very same second the respawn time ends, youll be back to tent. Doesn't matter the percentage of capture, i think.
    About the heads. I would love an official Blowjob, geti :wink: