1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ballista: Option to unload ammo

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by bru-jaz, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Do you like the idea?

1. Yes. Please add it, Ghetto

77.8%
  2. No. It could be risky/unnecessary (Explain yourself)

22.2%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Relax, im not asking for removing them from the game... Im here asking for another tweak.
    Basically, i want an option to unload the bolts that are already loaded in the ballista.
    Purpose
    I imagine many of you (mostly main builder-players) may find yourselves in a situation of the match when it is more profitable and effective to buy a ballista and deploy it either below the ground, or inside a building, rather than searching for the resources to make a tunnel (or 2 if you dont have any)
    The problem with this is that you cant stop teamates to get in and use the bolts included in the ballista to *try* killing enemies and earn some profit with it. However, by doing this, he destroys part of your buildings/blocks/show your postion...
    Comparision
    You can think the importance of this tweak as the same as the wheel removal option that devs -fortunately- made maaany updates ago.
    Obviously people can still griefing with this (as with wheels!). But it will help you at those times when you want to use ballista as the old outpost.
    Counterproposals
    -"but now you can unload the free bolts coming with the ballista and load them into another one".
    You already are avaible to do so when it gets destroyed.
    -"new players or abusive ones can use it to ruin the ballista"
    You already can grief removing wheels, or by jumping in a teamate's ballista in the moment when it deploys (disallowing him to use his own item) and many many other ways!
    -"ash sgsa argh arawqo"
    The other thing i can think of is making bolts-included ballistas more expensive (as for 170 coins, disregarding the bomb update) and the "outpost-unloaded" one 150.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    epsilon likes this.
  2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

After reading it 3 times, i finally understood what you meant, yes, please, dear god, yes.

bru-jaz likes this.
  3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I edited your title to properly reflect what you're suggesting.

bru-jaz and Vamist like this.
  4. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Thank you!
    I also edited the content so my engrish isn't (much of) an obstacle to the readers and added a poll...if that ever helped someone to get an idea taken in account.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  5. Sapientia

Sapientia Horde Gibber

A bit late but I think this is a great idea. :thumbs_up:

bru-jaz likes this.
  6. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

eh, i think the LOCK option from who deployed the ballista will be a better idea? no abuse , no griefing with it, + I dont think its so hard 2 implement

7. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Mhmm, i don't think it would be quite fair. Griefing will always exist. If some idiot wants to grief you, he will do (i.e. he can break a couple of blocks where your ballista is standing to fuck your aim). I think it more like a strategy purporse than a selfish-attitude of the owner of the ballista.

For that matter, they could change the ballista to make the kills go to the owner, no matter who is in the seat. The same way as it happens with current mines. But that's for another thread.

8. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Player specific options for objects which everyone can use shouldn't be in KAG (I think you understand what I mean). Everyone should be able to interact with items all they like so people don't use it for their own advantage. I can see someone stealing a siege crate, unpacking it and locking it so only they can use it.

To expand on the initial idea you should only be able to take out 12 bolts at a time (considering that the bolts only stack to 12). Maybe add a way to unpack all bolts for when there are a lot stored in the ballista or maybe you can just spam e on the unload icon to drop the bolts onto the ground if your inventory is full (assuming it would be an icon like the change class/lock icons).

bru-jaz likes this.
Mods: Rainbows