1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to install a mod

Discussion in 'Modding [TR]' started by Mazey, Apr 7, 2016.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Installing a mod is quite simple, here is how it is done in 3 simple steps

I'm going to install my mod "DummyMap", which opens a map but doesn't spawn any players or show a UI. This is to test out (custom) maps

I will continue assuming you've downloaded the mod (DummyMap.zip)

Step 1 - Opening your Trench Run folder
    This is the most difficult step. Either remember where you put the extracted the game or if you're a Steam user: right click Trench Run in your Steam library, click Properties, select LOCAL FILES tab, click Browse Local Files

Step 2 - Putting the mod at the right place
    Open up the Mods folder, and place the mod you downloaded there (in this case DummyMap.zip) and extract it

Step 3 - Enabling the mod
    Go back to the main Trench Run folder and open up Mods.cfg with a text editor and add the name of the folder of the mod you put in the Mods folder in the previous step. (In this case we extracted DummyMap.zip which contained the folder DummyMap so we put DummyMap there)

And you're done! Run the game now and enjoy the mod you downloaded

Note to online server hosters: hosting (modded) servers is currently not supported

butterscotch and Bint like this.
  2. Bint

Bint Haxor

There's no more launching localhost.sh from the terminal millarky anymore then? :o
    edit: I guess half of that was a mac thing anyway

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It's the same thing, with KAG you had to do it like this as well, localhost was just for running the game locally to test the mod. But yes, localhost is no longer a thing, although you could easily "mod" it in (just change the autostart to start skirmish instead of menu, same with KAG)

Mods: 101i, Mazey