1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why don't normal KAG members get to have their own head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonShark, Jan 20, 2016.

1. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

And with this I mean... able to have your own head client sided on every server, just like the admins and such.
    Take an example at Duck Game, there you can make your own heads and use them online, everyone could see your self made head then. Why isn't this the case with KAG? Is it because only the devs and mods can have hats since there needs to be a lot of code involved? Or what's the deal?

Anszej likes this.
  2. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Only people who paid mad wonga could get the heads and there are no more slots left. Also, if everyone got a head, people would cry because my cool blue tiger head hurts their eyes.

link6155 and DragonShark like this.
  3. TheBloodyWolf

TheBloodyWolf Arsonist

it's a blue fish maltager, it's a blue fish.

4. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Because if everyone got a head then even LESS would get done by KAG devs. KAG only has the interns working on it (I believe anyway...) so if they had to seriously worry about making every player who asked for one a specific head then the game would go poop. Though I think the mod "Blowjob" should just come preinstalled on every single KAG server so then custom heads are a real thing.

Lava likes this.
  5. because you are normal

and im a snowflake

jimmyzoudcba, norill, Mazey and 5 others like this.
  6. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

basic head beats all other heads anyway.:knight:

jimmyzoudcba and Geti like this.
  7. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

a decent 16x16 head sprite can be done in a matter of minutes, I'd do that for any amount of money

8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Why heads aren't able to be used by anyone;
    1) 50% + heads in say blowjob are shit.
    2) the code it would take to add more head slots.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Honestly I'd love to have something like blowjob on the official servers but
    • the name is totally inappropriate
    • updating it is a nightmare for anyone - and if it was used publicly there'd be even more crap to trawl through
    • writing some sort of web "upload your own" interface is a bunch of work and would require maintenance
    • moderation would have to be much more vigilant to avoid the sheer number of wangs that'd inevitably follow.

Anszej, Noburu, Bruno-Brazuka and 4 others like this.
  10. 4zK

by the looks of it, wouldn't it be possible to enable some kind of voluntary custom head input similar to blowjob's into the official game? as in having a script check for head sprites named after usernames in a specific folder somewhere

that way you'd be able to voluntarily download & add unique head sprites for any player and simply (not) include every wang you come across

(granted, you'd have to manually add the sprite files into the directory, but it'd be the same procedure as with texture packs)

hell, you'd achieve this by just replacing the RunnerHead script with that of blowjob's (with Skinney's permission etc.) and it would basically be blowjob without the need of blowjob-specific servers

(actually now that I think of it, I think I just basically explained making blowjob official)

and for god's sake you don't have to call it blowjob (although it well deserves its' initial title)

checkboxes/lists/other interfaces could either be implemented way later or not be implemented at all

Blue_Tiger and _Cuffs_ like this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sure it'd be possible, but there's no mechanism for that currently; and a partial implementation creates precedent for a proper one.

We could add an exception to the "old files" shredder at each patch (or put it in cache or something) but I can't see folks using it for anything other than trolling (make @Arcrave have a water bomb head in all your screenshots for example) because downloading a list of heads and sticking them in your folder sounds like work 99% of people just wouldn't be willing to do, and what's the joy of customisation if you don't get to show it off to most people?

Magmus and 4zK like this.
  12. 4zK

not everyone's head can be that appealing to the eye (blue fish tiger)

hence the voluntariness

tbh on my part it would just mean adding my own sprites and publishing them / sending them to the respective players, wouldn't still stop others from making them their own

I guess the decision whether your friends wanted to use the same ones as you would be up to them

you can already edit the default head sprite sheet to turn everyone into a big wang anyway

13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I think everyone forgot to read that part about duck game in DragonShark's first post.

You can just make your own head, have it appear as such to everyone, and... play normally.
    The wang problem would become a major issues though. :/

I suppose you could create a first line of defense against this by adding a new type of moderator and calling them "the wanguard"

Edit: I'm just saying he had a point when he said it should be possible - not that it should be added ;)

14. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner

what if you gave every person the option to turn on a custom heads in options to see other peoples custom heads. For example in options you would see the box:"turn on custom heads(warning. files with heads will be downloaded in your main folder)" or something like that. This will give the people who wanna see more colorfull heads and see their own head the oppertunity to do it, and the people who dont will just keep seeing the heads the people would normally see. Not sure if this is possible, but if it were i think itd be a good solution for everyone. Let the people who wanna show off and watch other heads do it, and the people who dont dont have to download any files and will just keep it like it was.

Ofcourse another solution could be to just force the heads in everyones folder, i mean those little pngs are so small that it wouldnt even hurt your memory, and im pretty sure i heard once that pngs cant contain virusses? Besides i think the majority of humanity likes freedom of art more than the other side that doesnt.

Blue_Tiger and DatNobby like this.
  15. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

User-made heads would ruin the feel and look.

16. 4zK

but what if they didn't?

17. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner

When i play in a blowjob server i dont mind the heads at all. Besides they could put some restrictions for the people who upload god awful heads.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  18. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Who'd waste their time moderatin' that? Geti?

19. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Sign me up @Geti for moderating

(my pay can be an actual fuckin game of Trench Run >:rektlord: )

Vamist likes this.
  20. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I would try it, but wangs usually penetrate my defenses and safeguards real quick.