1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why don't normal KAG members get to have their own head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonShark, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The opt in head system is probably the biggest extent of this I can imagine happening, realistically. It'd just be a handful of script changes and adding a folder to the built in autoupdate ignore and modding changes ignore.

This would be ideal, but:

It would be a serious amount of work to implement, because it's separate to mods and it involves people sending their own pngs to the server (which would need to be "vetted" some way to make sure they dont crash the server and aren't humongous 2gb files or anything stupid) and then the server sending them out to everyone else. I can't see it happening in KAG tbh, the file loading/sending stuff is enough of a mess as it is.

:')

2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

That's why we need the Wanguard.

3. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

Someone who could get fooled into getting some kind satisfaction, out of thinking theyd be doing something worthwhile when in realitity they wouldnt. Not that rare of a concept on this planet actually.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 14, 2016, Original Post Date: May 14, 2016 ---
    aye i was afraid itd be too much work. Maybe in kag 2 (hinthintwinkwink) *cuch*overworld too!*cuch*

Geti likes this.
  4. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Overworld on KAG? Like that really old idea they had about mongolian horde and zombie modes?

5. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

i think it was more like having a world that was always ''on'' where youd have kings and knights etc building their kingdoms and having wars going on etc. It got me really hyped up back in the day and was dissapointed when they said it was too overambitious. But ye thats why companies usually put their original concept and ideas in their second game! Theres plenty to improve on kag, so part 2 couldnt definitely add a whole lot of new things

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

7. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

That looks super cool actually, I'd love to see a single player type of mode where it sorta functions like a board game, maybe local multiplayer. Have you control some pieces and have to protect a part of the map that is yours, and utilize the different game modes depending on the environment. Have some strategic points for CTF, if two opposing pieces meet each other it's TDM, and if they're attacking your castle or you're attacking their castle, it's TTH. Provide bonuses for holding strategic points and stuff. It'd be like Galactic Conquest from battlefront 2 only KAG! :D I know this may never happen but, I just like to fantasize about it :D

Lava and _Cuffs_ like this.
  8. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Please don't make raise our expectations when you've already dropped it. ;-;

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Rumours of King Arthur's Gold: Overworld, potential sequel of Kig Arthur's Gold have leaked. Max "Lord Gatu" Cahill posted a teaser image of the old concept Overworld, -a cancelled game mode for King Arthur's Gold-, on the THD forums, he has worked for THD since 2011 and has just finished his latest title "Trench Run", which turned out rather unpopular. Max lets us know: "I don't give fucks lol, KAG got me some good skrilla and so will this Note Guru thing". Note Guru, the game Max is currently working on, is a game that teaches music related things. He does this in collaboration with a music teacher, and you can see the art direction on his DeviantArt page. The other half of the KAG team, Michael "MM" Mystery is currently working on "Transmigration: Into Darkness Pearing", of which not a lot is known other than the expected release date, late 2016.
    We expect to hear more about "KAG: Overworld" in 2017

epsilon, EhRa, Solaris and 3 others like this.
  10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

the image was posted like 4 years ago
    http://kagdev.tumblr.com/post/11648236484/adventures-overworlds-and-the-full-version

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

12. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

But why not now! :QQ:

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  13. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Guys going a tad off topic

14. an_obamanation

Ahhh the wonders of one little joke, can cause a complete spiral. I'd say "tad" is a huge understatement considering we went from KAG heads to discussion of the old KAG overworld idea.

So to get a jumpstart on going back to the original topic, I also think a problem with designing your own head would be damaging people's eyes or making super tiny heads by making the colors blend in with the background, thus giving it strategic value as well. The way they could hurt people's eyes is by making them super bright or having a wide variety of colors, I can just imagine how many people would want to make something with rainbows or bright colors involved. As most of the KAG heads have more darker colors (At least to me, I've never had my eyes hurt by looking at the KAG heads because they had bright colors, only sometimes when I look at the background it could be a bit bright for me late at night.)

Of course this issue could be fixed by only giving you a slight selection of colors but at that point it ruins the whole point of customization. Spriting requires the use of lot's of colors and varying shades to get your sprite with good perspective/looking nice and realistic, as well as giving it a sense of lighting. So giving us the amount of colors that Microsoft paint gives us essentially makes the creation of heads completely unfun and pointless, as well as causing a great deal of pain for the devs who would be setting this system up in the first place, so I really don't ever see a place for it unless it had the safeguards that blowjob has, but even then people could probably hack the system to get past moderator approval and allow their dicks and whatever to be shown. It's a sad thing indeed.

15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

why are you making this pointlessly complicated? just allow heads to use kag palette only which isn't bright but has lots of colors lol

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  16. an_obamanation

Well that would potentially solve the bright colors issue while simultaneously allowing enough colors for adequate customization, however this wouldn't solve issues with 1. People attempting to use heads for strategy by either getting as close to the color of the background as possible, making their heads look like bushes,trap buttons, etc, or by copy pasting the idle animation into the attacking animation making it slightly more difficult to tell what they're attempting to do (I know, MINOR thing but that's why I said "slightly".) and 2. Hackers bypassing any safeguards allowing penises and swastikas to roam free. I could see it working though if it was the KAG palette without the colors of things like bushes and other things, as well as forcing people to have a certain number of pixels colored in to be considered valid and a maximum amount of pixels colored in so people can't make anything gigantic. And the safeguards for a custom head system would have to be very intense. Knowing how the KAG community is, a vast majority of people would easily want swastikas, dicks, heads that give advantages, etc. Instead of making their own thing and being content with the fact that it looks nice to them. they'd rather have offensive material or a slight advantage in battle. And considering that KAG sorta is getting kinda short on admins (imo) I don't think it'd be easy to setup, nor would it be the most important thing they could be working on. As much as I'd want a custom heads system there's lot's of things i'd rather have done first and i'm content with how heads are as it is. ::):

Magmus likes this.
  17. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

do you really think someone would hack to show everyone their wank head lol
    the system wouldn't work like that, the thd team or someone that they choose would probably need to accept the heads before they get shown... and maybe regular updates like once in blowjob

you're making it look like it's a problem, but it's really not. kag palette, moderating the head before it gets accepted (you just can't hack kag like that lel)

PUNK123 and an_obamanation like this.
  18. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

So if the name was changed, THD would consider it?

@Skinney

Blue_Tiger and an_obamanation like this.
  19. an_obamanation

I guess i'm being pessimistic about the whole thing, but either way it's dependant on how THD decides to go through with the system. System you're proposing sounds like the best bet though :D

20. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I think we all know the answer to this one