1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1830] Cancer base

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by PUNK123, May 15, 2016.

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Hi for the past month or so ive been building the same flag room because i cant find any better. Ex
    20160514181135_1.jpg

The uses are pretty simple
    • Repairable front tower
    • overhang to defend against any builders
    • doors and platforms in the flagroom to stop builder/tunnelers
    • think enough layers to hold out

I feel the platform/wood doors in the center defend well against everything. Putting stone doors there is useless because they are expensive and they only really defend against knights. If you cant stop a knight out of the flagroom with this setup you should lose :)

Psiklaw and Vamist like this.
  2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Why not do it like this?
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :door::dirt_bg::castle_wall:
    :door::castle_bg::castle_wall:

This will leave half as many holes in your wall, and you can still repair everything from the inside.

3. What is the approximate build time like?

Looks like a time-consuming build, but technically I can't fault it. It looks like one of those towers you run up to as knight and then mutter a curse under your breath as you realise you have to wait for backup. Well crafted.

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

For the obvious reason that it is harder to repair the top 2 front blocks front the doors. If they bomb the wrong area and leave it like this
    :door::dirt_bg:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :door::castle_bg::castle_wall:

it would be so much more of a pain in the ass to repair. The whole point of it is easy repair and quick repair. I cant quickly repair that from cata spam/ballista spam and i definately couldnt stop a smart archer. The other design is just alittle quicker imo.
    First 40 seconds i run up, stone backwall the flagroom plus 2 blocks up, place the doors, the platforms, a single stone block, and one of the doors to the left. Second 40 seconds i finish the left side of the tower(add 2 layers of stone, the doors, 1 more top door, the platform overhang, and the bottom doors. Then i take all my hella extra wood and make the skeleton of the build
    :tree::tree::tree:
    :tree:
    :door::door::door:
    :door::door::door:).
    Then in the last 40 seconds i place a stone block inbetween the wooden skeleton to stop fire, add doors/stone backwall and any layers needed to the front of the flag. By this time most of the pubbies should have built something there. Then with the last 20 or so seconds i do finishing touches and get ready to rush.

EDIT:the entire build usually leaves me with 60-80 coins, and the cancer tower area i dont always build if im lazy. Also the doors to the left of the flagroom are so if an enemy knight slashes the ladder our knights can still get up. The ladder is to catch you so you dont stop all your movement after you wallrun(like a trapblock would).

Psiklaw likes this.
  5. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

i remember doing this in KAG classic...

6. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

Openings above flags is just a horrible flaw, a big no-no, don't do it.....

Let your team climb a flag tower from the rear and keep the front side accessible for builders to repair.

Having doors facing out of the flag room to let knights flow through is optional, and preferable when there aren't tunnels/ballista spawns in front of the flag room.