1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

General kag changes

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by PUNK123, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You can include water and co if you like (most AU players can attest I get spammed with them at least as much as the next guy) but especially as an archer, water doesn't guarantee much. You can indeed use it to "counter" a bomb by stunning the user before they throw it, but you're spending money on that (in TDM, more money than they spent on it in the first place).

I feel like the "fix" Punk's angling for is less stun from arrows but then archers literally have no recourse in close combat, which encourages even more defensive play. At least they have to get within range to do stuns through shields, unlike in classic. The ability to kite comes from mobility and them having ranged attacks; it's not really something you can "fix".

I'd also suggest that adding another class would do nothing for the knight v archer balance more or less by definition, haha

Magmus and an_obamanation like this.
  2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I more meant it as a compromise, but it's such a broad concept that it could go literally anywhere and many things could happen, so it's rather difficult to talk about it as it's a bunch of what-ifs. I could of worded myself better lol.

3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

1. Because ammo costs money, there isn't a shop on every map, and because it isnt suppose to be a solution you should have more options than that.
    2. It takes a long time to either class switch or remove it as builder. If you cut out of middle man of asking me to go knight then i would have less of an issue. I wouldnt even class switch because it would take the same amount of time to clear the wall as knight(plus the time it takes for me to class switch). Hence the sarcasm font.
    3. Even with 4 hearts an archer could always just kite away. But ofc get gud should always be the response from a dev when someone is irritated by a faster class that can kite away and has a quicker release.
    I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense that they can release their single faster and it stuns. While, at the same time, being able to kite away. Them being more over-powered in close combat does not a ranged class make. But ofc im just inviting cries of git gud at this point for realizing the whole thing is a load of bullshit. Even the stuns right now by archers is a defensive play because they slot up a single and run like hell.

4. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

No really though, the answer is git gud. Spend some time learning how to fight archers and they become nothing more than a nuisance. 9/10 times I die from an arrow it is because I'm fighting other knights and they draw most of my focus. I definitely think fighting archers as a knight is a skill most players neglect to practice at all, and that's really all it takes, a little practice.

Blue_Tiger and Magmus like this.
  5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Seeds could be undestructible. It's also funny how knights and archers can carry more than 5 seeds and builders can only 2 (1 in the backpack 1 on hands). On large deforestations to make treefarms at base I usually go as knight.

Regarding stuns, it feels unfair that a knight charging a slash and stomping you can make up to 4 hearts of damage, instakill in many cases. I think stomps should deal 1 heart damage max, or only if the jump is from a very high position. These knights jumping on you from 2 tiles above and stomping + stunning + slashing you seems pretty bs from my point of view. I don't know, perhaps shielding against stompers should get you any kind of benefit.

PUNK123 likes this.
  6. PUNK123

There's this op mechanic known as crouch m8. Also you can use shield and crouch at the same time for maximum bs(you just need to be on the ground) but i guess it isnt a bad idea.

7. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

lol mfw people are considering tdm as an actual gamemode. the only gamemode on this game is ctf, and the reason archers can kite hard is because you don't need to chase them. killing a player who has absolutely no destructive power and very little killing potential gains nothing for the team. moving along and letting the archer crawl around in the trees means one less enemy to deal with.

oh and -1 to stomps dealing maximum of 1 heart. the best thing in this game is going for those 2 heart stomps as archer on other archers.

8. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

if you will delete stomps from game, shields will become even more OP then in classic
    srsly
    stomp is the thing which stops you from being turtle shield just shielding jabs and slashes while jabbing double slashes

9. PUNK123

Shields are only really lame because it ruins close combat. It is literally cancer to try to fight someone in a small area because you both hug shield for your life, wait for backup, wont jab because of stupid jab touching shield stun, ect. There is no real reason for the jab stun except to idiot proof combat and punish the "noobs" at the expense of actual combat.

10. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

if jab didnt stun, the 100% best choice in that situation is to jab jab jab jab, because the other dude cant back out so its always the guy with the most health that wins. however with jab stun, there are more options and even mind games (e.g. charge up a slash, the opponent can keep shielding or counter jab (which requires skill to do) or charge a double slash which can deal 2 hearts, or try to get above and stun with a shield stomp, or even just back out and double slash, ect)

11. PUNK123

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>skill arguement

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lag does not allow you to see so your skill is freaking useless even with 66 ping

I mean you could take the jab with a shield, jab before their jab finishes,but after it strikes, and keep that up for your skill. Eitherway the people actually do something instead of the bs that is the game now.