1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 1865 - Engine Update, Sponges in TDM, Windows Modded Server Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 26, 2016.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Folks,

A smaller build today, mostly technical stuff.

The main game-side change is the addition of sponges to TDM. This has been requested by players as a counter to water. Sponges cost 20 coins by default in TDM.

The TDM "economy" (if it can be called that) has also been slightly reworked. The minimum coins on spawn has been dropped to 20 - meaning you can't afford most items without some kills. There has also been a maximum imposed on coins, which is currently set to 200. This is to stop curb-stomping players from accruing hundreds of coins and spamming items just before they leave, leading to a non-game for other participants. The maximum is applied on respawn (not constantly) - so if you save extra during a game, you can still use them to finish things off.

For context, someone with 200 coins can still afford 2 kegs, or 4 mines, or 8 water arrows, or 4 bomb arrows, or 10 bombs; more than enough for any reasonable in-game usage.

[​IMG]
    Sponges are now in stock in TDM! Prices have changed as well, see in store for details!

The latest engine changes have also been pulled in, which means that the snap-pixels bug should finally be history, modded servers on windows now correctly download mods when specified from the API, TCPR can now handle lines up to 16kb (important for any i/o heavy tcpr based mods).

Mac users may also have a proper icon now, please let us know if that actually worked or not. Should be a little Henry head on an orange background.

These changes are, at always, up for discussion. Let us know what you think on the forums!

Have Fun!
    Max

2. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

:keg::keg: Aren't enough !!!:QQ:

Magmus likes this.
  3. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Like ME! :D

:water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird:
    Water 0 Terri 1

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

What about sponges cost in ctf. Or will we have to wait on that?

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Will have to wait on that I'm afraid, fell off the "important" list.

PUNK123 likes this.
  6. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

I think the wood cost on sponges is fine, it'd be up to a builder to supply their team with sponges if needed / one would have to go out of their way to get them, although I'm not totally opposed to making them cost coins for the sake of making it easier

the TDM changes sound great

what about refillable buckets?

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Small correction - mods weren't downloaded no matter the OS (linux or windows). And that was fixed together by me and @Geti.

8. Geti

Right you are! Sorry, wrote the post in a bit of a hurry.

Also; I'll be away for the next 3 weeks on a personal vacation. See you guys on the other side of that, might drop in from time to time (Pretty sure they have the internet in the UK) but won't be working. Have fun in the meantime!

SirDangalang, Vamist, Noburu and 5 others like this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I'll miss you::(:. Who will i blame now:QQ:!!!!!!

10. an_obamanation

And from the ashes.... rose once again.... #Blamefurai

Noburu and Magmus like this.
  11. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Here in the barren wastelands of Scotireland, one can only access the internet by hooking up a improvised modem consisting of flint, a four-leaved clover and half a ZX Spectrum shoved inside an old Irn-Bru can.

SirDangalang likes this.
  12. an_obamanation

Glitched archers have returned apparently, according to a steam posting.
    [​IMG]

Vamist likes this.