1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You might want to know that
    the tone/pacing of the show seems to shift/slow in the coming episodes. I won't go into detail, but it was a bit odd to me when I first watched it.

Just try to go along with it, and enjoy it for what it is, even if it's not what you expect.

I remember when I binged all of HxH in less than a week . . . good times. Kurapika best girl.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  2. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Well, that's just the way HxH is. So lighthearted and then so... not. I should re-watch it; I never finished it the first time through.

I looked up the
    Ponzu death scene on YouTube. That made me sad ;_;

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  3. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

Now (episodes with the king) I notice that the speaker is saying ALOT of stuff, like explaining in detail every move they make. It's very slow pacing atm, the speaker is saying more than the characters.

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yea, the narrator is OP. I think the point is to make sure viewers stop and think about each character's intentions, including both "good" and "bad" guys. Some people think it's overdone, but it was helpful for an idiot like me.

5. stabborazz

Well, it's not a problem for me. I don't mind the narrator (thats the word, not "speaker" :p ). And oh, If I'd be gay. I would marry Hisoka.

6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

HxH is one of my favourite anime for a reason, the ending of the Chimera Ant arc holy shit.

7. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Just watched Sakamichi no Apollon.
    Is now Jazz fan.

Sytoplasma likes this.
  8. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

9. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

i stopped paying for CR once I realized how limited their shows were.

kissanime master race.

10. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Indeed, my dear Yagger.

11. WarrFork

They're simulcasting +25 shows this season, the rest is in the hands of Funimation and Amazon for Kabaneri.
    Not to mention streaming on the sites like kissanime is just a big waste of quality. I'm just paying for those threes and have no regrets.

12. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Finished last batch of non-airing series; they were all top-notch. Recently picked up the following:
    • Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
    • Kokoro Connect
    • Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
    • Natsume Yuujinchou San
    • Ping Pong The Animation
    • Sakamichi no Apollon
    • Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

The only series in Summer 2016 that I know(currently) I will watch are Mob Psycho 100, and Food Wars S2.

WarrFork likes this.
  13. stabborazz

I just finished hunter x hunter, I really enjoyed it. I need new anime to feed my empty soul.
    I only wish there would have been a final battle between Hisoka and Gon or Killua or any other strong character.

14. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

I'm watching that now 25252525 It's so good, i wish it had unlimited episodes like one piece...
    Here are some good anime:
    • Boku-no-Hero-Academia-My-Hero-Academia
    • Re-Zero-kara-Hajimeru-Isekai-Seikatsu
    • One-Punch-Man
    • Hai-to-Gensou-no-Grimgar
    and then there are the other mainstream ones everyone knows about... I My favorite is Fairy Tail if you haven't seen it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  15. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Those are all fairly mainstream themselves, though that's not a bad thing.

Just finished Gakkou Gurashi! (School Live) last night. It's a great show, and I highly recommend that those of you who haven't seen it watch at least the first episode with zero background information.

16. ParaLogia

Please do not link to illegal streaming sites in forum posts. I edited your post.

OT:
    I never updated on Shinsekai Yori. I did in fact finish it in 2 days. Kiroumaru best character.
    I loved the world-building, and I want to find more shows like that now.

17. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Finally realized there more cours for Durarara!!! and finished up finally. I need more shows like that.

Also restarting Nisemonogatari.

18. Jonttubosse

Jonttubosse Ballista Bolt Thrower

Laziest anime ever and one of my favourites.
    Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge

NinjaCell likes this.
  19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

i is back

20. WarrFork

Anyone has seen Ajin? Which is better, the movies or series? My interest for it randomly went up after hearing this;

Mods: BlueLuigi