1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

Using Jackal's Mount Flarell, I made a CTF map that is quite large, 300x120.

Flarell Bridge:
    [CTF]FlarellBridge.png

I don't know if you saw it in the mapping forums but I'll post it here if'n you wants to put it on that there server.

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I dont recall anything concerning a player named
    . Fuzzy and Blue, neither of you seem to be involved either, which leaves Baron or a guard that did this. Baron does any of this seem familiar? Its kind of light on overall details.

Blue it says Bob Marley in your post and I did have issues with a player named BobB or something similar yesterday. He griefed my team about three times before I kicked him finally for throwing a catapult off one of our towers. He was warned twice and was explained to what he was doing wrong. Either way it was only a default kick that is only a 30 minute ban. If it was him, he is already long unbanned now.

Ill throw it in there and give it a go. I havent been on much lately so you guys that play on the server need to give me some feedback on the maps we have currently.

Also there is/will be a 90 minute map limit enabled on the server, as well as slightly shorter respawn times. Respawn times will be a bit longer if you die near your own spawn though, in order to make maps hopefully go faster. Im pretty sure I have to restart the server for these to go into effect, so I am waiting until the server is empty or low on players to do this if possible.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  3. Baron_Norab

Nah, it wasn't me, I've never kicked anyone, only had them leave while frozen. And I've only done that once or twice. Pretty sure it was a guard, as there were a ton of them playing on the CTF server yesterday.

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Looking forward to seeing how the time limit effects play! :)

5. Noburu

Well that settles it, they will have to take it up with the guards in the ban appeal thread if they are still banned.

Me too. Hopefully I will get some time to play a bit more in the next few days.

EDIT: Added a bit more stone, gold and lot more bedrock to EJ's map to hopefully cut down on the map being basically all mined out after a while. Also I still havent restarted the server to apply the timelimit/respawn changes since the server has been staying full.

6. Baron_Norab

I reduced the size of the bridge map to 212x98, so it shouldn't be too large for 24 people now.

[CTF]SmallFlarellBridge.png

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  7. Noburu

Uploading now.

Also the 12 player Rapid CTF server will probably be going offline middle of December since it rarely ever has any players. Its a shame since its much more fun than regular DM imo.

8. Baron_Norab

I like RCTF/RDM, but people cycle through it too fast. You get a good group together and then they all disappear after a couple rounds.

9. Noburu

Yeah thats the issue I run into. And I love bomb jumping across the map to the flag.

10. Baron_Norab

Hopefully fixed the smaller version to be less collapsible, added a floor and a bedrock base all the way across as well.

[CTF]SmallFlarellBridge.png

11. Noburu

Uploading now!

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ha! That'll stop Lem0nhead from getting too clever with his building... :p

13. Baron_Norab

amuffinattack was banned from our server, and posted a thread about it. The console logs attached show that he was banned whenever a map restarted, anyone got a clue as to why?

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

Weird. Wish I knew enough to be helpful! :(

15. Baron_Norab

It tried to unban him in game, but it didn't do anything. I dunno what to do.

16. Baron_Norab

Also, as a suggestion, might we try high lives (like 20 per player) instead of unlimited? Quite a few people were complaining today about the length of some of the games. I don't really care either way, but some people were suggesting that it be changed.

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If that happens -cough- lower respawn.

I quite enjoy the unlimited aspect, high lives eventually whittle down no matter what (see incarnum's server)

18. Noburu

No idea about this, I was asleep. I will look into it.
    We can maybe give this a go.
    The respawn time is only 10 secs base currently and gets a bit higher the closer to your spawn you die. Dying right at your spawn takes a decent amount of time to respawn. I think it offsets the unlimited aspect nicely.

I also want to maybe make a static build time since thats an option now.

19. Baron_Norab

Well that's what they were asking for, lives so that games wouldn't last as long as they do. I don't really care but some people were kind of put off. :huh?:

20. Noburu

My main priority right now is to get teh damn game to work worth a shit on my laptop again or you may not see me in game anymore!

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.