1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classes/Items Unique Class Mod

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Pirate-Rob, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Not sure what you said but ill assume you were suggesting a sprite to do? OK I'll try the ninja.
    haha, you think my photoshoping is so good that it was actually coded!!!?!?!?!!! 25252525:migrant::teabag:25252525:migrant::dance:
    I don't know how to code anything besides game maker stuff, but i can kind of understand code that has already been written

Did you not notice the "custom classes" part was a different font and a darker black? And where would i even get the mod file? You haven't hosted it yet...

2. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Yeah, I meant kiaran's ninja sprite.
    Lol, I didn't pay much attention to the image, and the mod was hosted for a short period. So it was possible.

3. joshua12131415

I started but i'm not sure about which frames are what. Do i replace the bows in the left side of the sprite with daggers? It already looks like there are daggers at the bottom right. And is there anything else you want me to add besides what i have done, and adding weapons?
    upload_2016-7-20_22-18-47.png

4. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

• Class name: The Fist
    • Class icon description: A fist
    • Your Exact In-game Name: Colargolator
    • Description: The class can only fight with his fist, that is like sword jabs but cannot be shielded. The fist jabs can break any stone, wood or dirt just like a builder pickaxe. He has 6 hearts to compensate the lack of other skills.
    • Other people that can use the class: Psiklaw, other with clan tag FIST!

SirDangalang likes this.
  5. joshua12131415

Can you send me that sprite? I want to change the was it twists

6. Pirate-Rob

[​IMG]
    Ranger is almost done. I went with 2 daggers as I thought it'd look cooler, but didn't come out quite like I wanted.

@joshua12131415 You can send me the ninja sprite just like that, thanks. I'll add the attacking frames myself, seeing as I'll need to code em anyway. I'll send the twister sprite in a PM.

ferdo likes this.
  7. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

plz dont
    • Class name: Engi (Engineer, this explosive TR guy, barsuk, barsuk's main char, doom of team, C4 masta, noammo 'cuz live sucks)
    • Class icon description: c4
    • Your Exact In-game Name: BarsukEughen555
    • Description: he's TR copyleftclick = start loading rocket, when its loaded you can fire and allahuakbar stuff; rightclick = plant C4, rightclick once more = rip ppl around C4;veri strict limitations: 2 ammo/rocket and 2 C4's only for live, no ressuplies, muh
    • Moar ppl ab - using this: cesar0

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  8. ferdo

ferdo Horde Gibber

Yay~ (≧∇≦)/
    i wanna try it !
    How the daggers work ?
    only jab or slash too ?
    (i dont like jabs) that why i said low dmg on jab in my desciption

9. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

wait, i can ask for my own class to be created?

b-but i have too many ideas, so many possibilities, do you want my brain to explode?

i'm gonna have to post more than one concept to see which one is more viable

Pirate-Rob likes this.
  10. Pirate-Rob

It's like rapid fire attacks. So it does 0.5 damage in front of the character about every 5th of a second. It's not quite like a jab, as it doesn't take stun from shields and can't be aimed. It works pretty well with grapple, but yeah, no slash. I mgiht add slash later if you really want it, it'll just take a while as I either need to copy knight's attack code or write slashing from scratch. You said you didn't care too much, which is why I just made it an eviscerate like attack.

:thumbs_up:
    I will use Sapper as the name as I'd prefer to not name class after someone.

Edit: @Colargolator I've added your class to the to-do list.

11. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Life had always been filled with possibilities, and here you're still alive and your brain is still functioning. :^)
    You can simply think about all of these concepts in your mind and let your subconscious pick you the most valuable and/or viable one, and post the 'chosen one' idea.
    I believe that would be more practical than stating every concept (just to avoid spamming the thread or making navigating it much harder). :)
    Edit: Also Rob please don't make Barsuk a class, because you know...
    Barsuk + Explosives-Related class = KAG's total destruction.​

12. Pirate-Rob

Don't worry too much, the class will be greatly weaker than the original sapper from my mod.

13. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

allahuakbar
    u r all gibs

14. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

I
    i like the idea but maybe make it so it can only jetpack in water? to make it less op and more realistic (kinda like the water jetpacks we have today)

15. Pirate-Rob

Realistic? It's literally called water god :L
    Also, realism really doesn't apply in this mod, we have someone who can switch places with someone else by sheer mind power alone.
    Anyway, when making classes, I do balance them, so no worries.

EhRa likes this.
  16. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

just an idea don't kill me vamist please:
    -the shield is covered in spikes, when blocking they work as they would in normally (maybe less damage)
    -you can deploy the shield to create a cover, like the special wooden blocks, entities can go through only from one side and not the other. you can then pick it up again.
    -when held up teammates can stay on the shield and use it as a platform (as they would normally)

17. Pirate-Rob

The class is already completed and in the mod, even if vamist accepted these changes, the class is finished, sorry :P

Vamist likes this.
  18. ferdo

ferdo Horde Gibber

I know I'm boring, ::(:
    but I do not like the system not to jab no slash, I prefer to have a slash instead of damage per second, but I very like the animation for a jab Attack
    can you add a slash when you have time ? :knight:

19. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Rob I remember when you had like 20 messages
    Now after this thing start your gonna have like 200 ::P:
    Also, I had an idea of a wombo-combo with my clan friends where I'll hook someone in, one will persumably do an ability to raise and immobilize them, and the other just gets close and do a beating 25252525
    When I'm done my mod for Cortex Command and Starsector I might be able to help you a bit
    Keep up the good work and I'll give a further good luck! :ehh:

20. Bint

Bint Haxor

Class name: Duck
    Class icon description: Duck
    Your Exact In-game Name: Bwnt
    Description: Duck...essentially a chicken but with the power of flight. 2 hp. Can hold breath for longer, light enough to float on water. Left click is an offensive wing-slap for 1/2 a heart, right click is a quack for morale purposes ofc. Could spacebar be an aerial shit that stuns enemies and would only be usable every 20 seconds or so? Maybe it could only work from a decent height.
    Exact in-game name of others who can use the class: Bint (me again :rekt:) Sylw, king-george, BarsukEughen555, Vamist, atlz90, Osmal, JaytleBee, PinXviiN, Luiaard7, elathu_asada, aqueousPoet, Anonymuse (The OG duck), Cohen, Domenje, Anakin6262

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Osmal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.