1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classes/Items Unique Class Mod

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Pirate-Rob, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atlz90

atlz90 Shipwright

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

@Pirate-Rob I noticed the grabber was missing his fire_anim sprites yesterday, so I did a little something
    [​IMG]

You should check out FUN Wizard classes. After some time of work I managed to make one that can shoot orbs, heal with RMB and teleport with space, although I believe making it's base code from scratch was a pain in the arse (after all, I just tweaked and stitched things toguether).

FUN has some classes with cooldowns too, they're just showed on the HUD which makes them more intuitive and easier to tell (on my experience at least, people don't get confused about them).
    Here's a quick example of what I say (don't mind the custom HUD, cooldown icons appeared on the regular one too).

3. Sylw

Sylw Drill Rusher

This is a new javelin designed to glitch through the stone walls and kill the builder behind it! :rekt:

4. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Ah right, well when you put it that way :P

5. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Don't you already have a class?

You can tweak the sprites yourself and send it to me.

:thumbs_up:HONK:thumbs_up:

Thanks.

:huh?:
    I'm trying to figure out if this has won first place for most complicated and work involved class.
    :thumbs_up:

6. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

ok so the swapper is (and i tested this) broken. i wish it had to do with stats but it's his ability, you can make trap rooms (like a 4by4 room full of spikes with a stone door) and teleport enemy players inside, leaving them barely any chance to escape.

Please when you make a class think of it against the 3 normal classes, think of structures that could make it op, think of facing it yourself, i know it's hard sometimes to balance something if you can't see it in action, but at least try.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 27, 2016 ---
    that's good to know

7. Pirate-Rob

I am totally fine with this. Think of it this way, a knight can instantly kill any other class within 0.5 seconds, and it can kill a lot of people. Swapper can do this once before he has to walk back, during which he'll probably die. It also requires building and set up.

an_obamanation and EhRa like this.
  8. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Eragon swapped with me while i was in the flag room, and then swapped out again with the flag. They kept doing it and it was so op, can u make it that if they are carrying something while they swap, it doesn't swap with them? The class is way to op if it's used right.

9. dodo1knight

dodo1knight Catapult Fodder

Its an honor to win the first place:rekt:. But sadly I'll change it.25252525

10. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Won't win any points on originality, but I think it'd be fun to play as the opposite of Blue_Tiger's Water goddess:
    • Class name: Fire God
    • Class icon description: Fire arrow
    • Your Exact In-game Name: Cobramuziek
    • Description: 3HP, cannot be hurt by fire, an archer that shoots fire arrows by default, and can throw a bomb (need to buy at shop) with spacebar. Right click makes a jetpack of fire instead of a grapple and anyone immediately below gets burned.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

ah thank god! i was getting bored playing with these puny mortals.

Magmus likes this.
  12. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Maybe a bit to op, if would be more balanced if the fir didn't spread to other blocks?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 28, 2016 ---
    Just wait ( a few years ) until i get my wards and ill trap you in one spot and let you stay there without killing you so you don't re spawn:skull: Mroa ha ha ha ha h a...
    :dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::migrant::dirt: <--- You
    :dirt::dirt::dirt:

13. atlz90

atlz90 Shipwright

I do, if you want, you may forget about that class and
    About the idea of course.

14. mustachio12

mustachio12 Arsonist
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

pirate please respond what did you mean by switching responses?

15. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

16. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

17. Pirate-Rob

Ok, I will admit the flag thing is broken, I was actually planning on fixing it when I made the class, but it just slipped my mind.

:thumbs_up:

I have zero idea what you're talking about.

Ye, I've watched that ages ago, extra credits is awesome.

18. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I want that cool down on the swapper, but making it slightly less time to swap would be nice.

Re: all you players saying Swapper is OP, it isn't. I have a cool down, a visual alert, time taking to swap, it's hard to pinpoint swaps and I can't move when swapping. I also can only do 1/2 a heart damage a swing, and I am extremely squishy with no way to block.
    The reason why you all think it's over powered is that none of you defended. I literally swapped when you stood in the flag room. You stayed still, no one came to kill me, and then I swapped out after like 15 seconds.

In any real game of CTF, I would have been instantly killed, and keep in mind josh, this was a 2v2.

Also, cesar, I do not see how you could have consistently "tested" a class in a multiplayer game, when I'm the only one who has access to the class.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    jimmyzoudcba and Pirate-Rob like this.
  19. mustachio12

mustachio12 Arsonist
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

sorry meant change your submission*
    .....i dont think hes gonna tell u

20. Shifteh_Clickeh

Shifteh_Clickeh Ballista Bolt Thrower

2 bomb arrows feels a bit too op, each time he respawns i assume?
    The Love Bird (Im lovin' it)

• Class name: Love Bird
    • Class icon description: A heart
    • Your Exact In-game Name: Shifteh_Clickeh
    • Description: Has 3 hearts, he is an archer who shoots health arrows, the arrows heal u half a heart and they have a heart on the end of them. The Love Bird can fly 7 blocks in any direction (up left right eg) He falls the same as a chicken (slowly). There should be a bar above you health, it takes 25 seconds for you to reach the end of the bar, when that time comes you are able to press shift to heal all allies near you for 2 hearts, the heal radius is 5 by 5 blocks. The Love Bird's sprite should be pink (similar to the title of this posts colour, on either team.
    • Exact in-game name of others who can use the class: Nobody

Osmal, Magmus, cesar0 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.