1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Map design contest - $20 Steam Giftcard prize

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Darksteel, Sep 5, 2016.

?

Who was your favorite map-maker for this contest?

1. PUNK123

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. SJD360 [TENSHI]

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Joshua12131415

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cobramuziek86

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Bunnie

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. They were all pretty good.

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. There were only one or two maps I liked, so no map-maker stood out to me.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. I'm not Australian, so I can't play on your laggy-ass server, I will never know.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

no bushes chickenses grainses fishies :(

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Fishes spawn in water. As for the other stuff not enough room tbh. I could barely fit the trees.

3. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

you guys too lazy to make maps pixel by pixel? makes it easier for me mwa ha ha ha ha ha
    also don't reply to this if it has anything to do with:
    • its not symmetrical
    • its not fair
    • builders can build everywhere

Attached Files:

• j171.png
      j171.png
      File size:
      24.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

This map is far to large Josh, sorry, but the same is true for your earlier submission, I had a lot of complaints about that and had to remove it from rotation.

5. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

*Cough* Apocalypse rip-off *Cough*

Also now that I'm out of the hospital I'm gonna binge on making maps. Prepare your anus, Punk, 'cause I'm gonna throw a brick at your

6. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

lol ok , ill make smaller ones but before i do, any advice on what i should add, what im doing wrong, and basically everything you dont like about my maps? the longer the list the better :D

7. Darksteel

Yeah, no problem, the biggest issues bar the size, in no particular order: Bison [They aren't liked in CTF], Massive empty spaces that are essentially death traps for knights that fall in them, areas of massive nothingness that were annoying to traverse. Those are the major issues. there were also complaints about the way the maps aesthetics, but I don't really see that as a huge issue.

The placement of flags and Spawn was good.

That's the feedback I got back from it. I hope that helps.

joshua12131415 likes this.
  8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

uh here you can have shark romance it's fun for the whole family
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

If I recall correctly, points get deducted if the map was made BEFORE the contest.

10. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

<3 Tho I think he also said flags couldn't be in the build phase.
    Do people prefer maps that are shmoooooooth like this'n or more riggedy ruggedy like SJD's?

11. Darksteel

Disqualified; flags in or to close too the red barrier zone.

Anyway, Tenshi asked me to upload some maps for her as the forums are not working correctly.

KILLBOT.png
    KILLBOT
    God_Complex.png
    God_Complex

All maps will be added into rotation tomorrow. [Except sharks, relocate the flags in the mouthes of the sharks and I'll put it in.]

12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Nothing similar at all. Stop poisoning the well and play kag(maybe youll realise the issues with your maps).

castlehawthorne.png
    Say hi to castlehawthorne. Underground tunnel system that can be flooded, interesting tower war before mid, average mid, and a strong defend-able position right infront of the enemy's flag.

Also say hi to umok

He is a shy map with barely defendable mid, basically forcing players to take over the towers to really advance. There is also the mounds of dirt infront of the flag that your team gets to first but is more naturally built for the enemy.
    umok.png

13. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

@SJD360 Congrats on your transformation :)

cavesurf.png Cavesurf - I tried making a slightly bigger map, might be a bit on the large side now though.

SJD360 likes this.
  14. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

I actually really like that map, better than most of Punk's really. I love it. :D

Cheers? I guess? :v

15. Potatobird

Looks interesting! I think you might want to put a lot more gold in there so people can make tunnels more easily, and not have to walk all that way.

PUNK123 likes this.
  16. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Yeah Im always a bit on the low side with the resources, if needed i can put some more in. Wonder if the middle isnt too clogged tho, hope to get some more feedback after its been played a few times :)

17. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

hello, here are some maps that I created for my server from my old clan:

I create these maps, for there are many ways to win the game.
    I mean by that there is the possibility to go through the air or just the earth for most
    Thing who changes a bit the gameplay, to just go straight, where players experience is more advantaged than the teamwork.

I also like to include water in my maps, water is rarely used in this game, which is a shame because the naval battles can be funny, though I know it is not really liked so I always made sure that there is another way to go :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this one is based on a model of kag gather, very funny to play in the competitive scene let's see in a simple ctf

[​IMG]

let me know if the maps have a spawn problem or else. I did not retested them

Have fun :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  18. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Jesus christ those maps are an eyesore lmao

19. Potatobird

Nah visually they're good but they seem a little big for a 5v5 server I think

20. Darksteel

Agreed, they are far too large.

I'm not putting these in rotation, sorry Snake19.