1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Before the Naruto "discussion" takes a wrong turn, I'd like to say something.

Many people like Naruto. Likewise, many people dislike it, to varying degrees. That's fine. IMO, the only problem is people who lord their "superior taste" over other people's opinions. It's fine to dislike shows for being predictable/shallow/overrated/etc according to your opinion, and it's fine to air those opinions (especially if backed by evidence). But it's pretty dumb to think you're better than someone for liking different things.

I admit that I probably would not have enjoyed Naruto if I had started it today. As it is, I started it as a preteen, and I sure loved it. To some, the show is childish and bland. But there different series that fulfill different purposes. Some are really targeted toward younger boys (shounen). Some are generic, aiming for approachable content rather than a unique experience.

Either way, I think arguments over anime opinions ar verri dum. There are many factors that you can use to compare shows, but taking the step into "this is good/bad" territory can be nothing but subjective.

Darknighte9, Hawxx and SirDangalang like this.
  2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Should you watch 千と千尋の神隠し/Spirited Away? Yes.
    More generally: should you watch all Ghibli films including 風の谷のナウシカ and ルパン三世 カリオストロの城? Yes.

Additionally, if it involves, say...
    • Osamu Tezuka
    • Yoshiyuki Tomino
    • Hideaki Anno
    • Mamoru Oshii
    • Shinichirō Watanabe
    • Satoshi Kon
    • Noboru Ishiguro
    Then it's probably worth your time.

SirDangalang likes this.
  3. You don't have to be shit to be shounen, just because Bleach and Naruto were.

4. asger75

asger75 Haxor

^ :fcp:

5. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Holy activity, didn't expect to see so many new posts.

3rd JoJo OP soon, so fucking hyped. Also like what the hell, why is Part 4 the best already???? Araki you god.

Haven't watched DBS in a while, guess I just couldn't be bothered to marathon more atm.

Mob Psycho 100 is so fucking good, it's been a while since I've seen something this good (that isn't JoJo).

There is that super popular and highly-rated Makoto Shinkai movie that I reaaaaaaaally wanna see (loved 5cm Per Second, so depressing). It did really well in the Japanese box office so I have high hopes, I think it's called "Kimi no Na wa./your name."

I really really need to watch more, there's a lot I haven't seen and I still have to watch more too.

If I do watch a bunch of anime, then I'll definitely report back with my super trashy opinion on it :^)

6. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

The best jojo, was the first jojo for me, i was hoping he will come back, as vampire ! Or something.... Im at the first season of crusaders, it was cool, it was quite a jump in power, from hamon to stand, which is 100x more powerful. If you want to watch kimi no na wa, its on kissanime, fully subbed if i good remember, i was kinda waiting for it, but now i dont feel like watching it for some reason, but im sure i will.

7. asger75

asger75 Haxor

started watching hajime no ippo, it has given me a hard on

8. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

So the next season's coming soon, what do you guys plan to watch?
    I have those so far:
    Bungou Stray Dogs 2, Haikyuu S3, Hibike Euphonium 2, Keijo! (because they fight with their tits and butt), Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blood Orphans 2.

And I just can't wait for this movie (Koe no Katachi):

9. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Nothin'.

10. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Ok i just finished Kimi no Na wa and it's the best anime/movie in the world, i don't think anything can beat it besides a good dub...
    It has a happy ending but it will still depress you when you finish. Why did the writer make them forget!?!?! They could build off it to make a second movie!!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  11. TheBloodOfNight

Koe no katachi, is about the guy who bullied a girl which couldnt talk or something, right ? I already dont like main character, i hope the damn dick had some reason.

12. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

His reasoning was that he was a kid--kids are inconsiderate brats. It's not like the movie is saying he did the right thing by bullying someone--it's about him redeeming himself from it.

13. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

So...thoughts on Re:Zero?

I feel somewhat satisfied with how the series progressed, and the art + music really emphasised the setting of a fantasy world. However there are a lot of questions left unanswered, and there are rather abrupt changes to Subaru's personality + his relationships with other characters

14. TheBloodOfNight

I dont like main character, at all. The character is supposed to be like "us" Normal people, without any powers, but i think they are doing poor job in making him look like us. I think Subaru, is very cringy, he is also so empty in my opinion, like some doll. I dont think anime is bad, its not the best, but its ok. I hope they will make something interesting, with Subaru's power, i hope he has more than "no dying power" I thought they will make him badass, or amazing in some way, it seems, they will show us something in the climax of the series, last ep. The whole anime was only a sneek peek, of what it will be in my opinion, (i rly hope it is, if not, jeez...) also many other characters act sometimes like they are dead, look at Wilhelm, how he is clinging to Subaru, i know he is happy, because of the white whale, but he seems kinda brainwashed.....the anime slowly goes in the wrong way for me.... edit: Isnt the world kinda boring too ? Its kinda....not explained enough ?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  15. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

It defiantly had its high and low moments. While Subaru could be downright annoying at times, his progression towards the end hopefully means we never have to see that "cringy" side of him again. Besides that, I just found it odd how no one questioned his motives/ideas toward the end. It may have been just a result of growing trust, but meh. This was one of the anime (and OP) I looked forward to the most this season, so it's kind of sad to see it go.

Haha, you thought the anime had a happy ending! =p

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  16. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

> rape waifu
    > commit suicide
    > repeat

WarrFork likes this.
  17. TheBloodOfNight

I just watched the last ep of "Re:Zero" It could be good, but it sucks, i thought it will improve, i had hopes for it, i rly had. Lets look at the world and characters. World, was poorly explained, blunt and very cliche, like the whole anime. Character are like some talking potatoes without any thoughts for me, and ofc our star "Subaru kyuuun" Ruins it even more, why ? His whole personality is like some robot, they way he talks can make everyone cringe, one of the worst is "Emilia-tan" Or like he thinks he is in some "William Shakespeare" The whole anime had potential, i want to see the person, who made it...how can you screw up so much ? 25 eps, huh ? Was it worth it ? Well, i would say...to kill time yes, fights are interesting, and good animated, but if you want good anime dont watch it, because as anime its bad, but i would watch it again to see Subaru cry and die again. Maybe if you are new, you are not going to notice the flaws, but i watched anime my whole life, and i started to be very picky, so dont drop it because of what i said, but you know, better titles are here, go watch em. Can i post links here ? Well, da best group https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=71860 and also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKKSXyoziT4

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  18. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Quick update.

Not enough JoJo.

Baccano! is really good, and I still have the 3 specials to watch, hype.

Now that a Diebuster sequel has been confirmed, It may be time to watch Diebuster (Gunbuster was so fucking good).

Gonna have to watch FLCL too, since there's a sequel coming for that as well.

Next anime I'll watch will either be FMA (not Brotherhood), Tatami Galaxy or something other than that off my Plan to Watch list.

19. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Man I already miss the old characters from Working!!! but WWW .Working is pulling out no stops to be awesome :D

20. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Mods: BlueLuigi