1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Plus 1.6.7f

When the zombie man throws in a little extra

1. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

btw, cannons take like 6 slashes to destroy, deal 1.5 damage, stun, rek shield, and cost less then 2 drills

forgot to mention, they are 2x1, so rip if placed in bedrock tunnel of 1 block, humans win

2. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Way to get you killed my foot! >:C
    If a zombie knight pops up in ur face, screaming and running is the worst plan imho, unless you don't have enough health to tank the dmg.
    Also, is it helpful that I post up the issues that I come across, or just a pain in the ass?

3. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Yeah that would be an issue in CTF but in this game mode with Zombie class diversity and whatnot I doubt it'd be unfair. damage and HP values could always be adjusted if it in unfair, or you could simply choose not to include the cannon and only include turrets that can be defended against. 1 block gaps might be an issue I agree, Zombie arms might balance that out but if its too OP then maybe another 1 block size zombie could be included?

4. BarsukEughen555

if tunnel is flooded with cannons without a good builder its a gg, including there will never be 1x1 builder rip much

5. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

It's fine, issues are issues after all. I should probably make a list of known ones tho

Barsuk is kinda right, they could be really annoying if they're placed on the right spots. Lets remember that most classes are 2x2 instead of 1x1, so they're more likely to get hit by the arrows. I haven't had any luck fixing their AI yet, so I doubt I'll be able to include them soon anyway :^/

6. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Yeah back in bunnyfection that situation would usually lead to a win for the bunny team, however The zombie players in this game mode are stronger and can dig. The Zombie team also has the Pyromancer that can burn human's out of whatever hole they have dug themselves into without even venturing near the cannon's. I don't think a simple straight line of underground cannon's is going to get you very far in this game mode.

7. Olimarrex

Issues you! (pikachu!!!111oneone)
    1. This was probably intentional, but assassins get slowed down when grappling, similar to how a knight shields.
    2. Drills in zombie workshops *
    3. Corpses drop pages when resurrected/reanimated/come alive again
    4. Drills can be used when held by a greg to kill the greg
    5. Zombies walking thru platforms
    6. Team spikes can't be broken, that's a pain...
    UNKILLABLE SPIKES, WHAT IS THIS?!?!?! I CANT BREAK A SPIKE GRHUEHGUER
    I'd love to see a ranged zombie c;
    Do you want zf+ maps made?

8. BarsukEughen555

pyromancer cant burn thru walls, reight?
    also as i said, bedrock tunnel, there's a lot of bedrock on map and i am quite sure finding a proper place won't be hard
    the whole point is if you found proper place, then its a gg, problem is cannons turn proper place into this gg and there's like no actual counter, 20hp beastshit together with 8 mutants wouldnt breach it and you talk about single aicontrolled 2hp arm, not talking about how tf it got in this tunnel underground
    cannon is just op, okeh?

9. Olimarrex

Issues you! (pikachu!!!111oneone)
    1. This was probably intentional, but assassins get slowed down when grappling, similar to how a knight shields.
    2. Drills in zombie workshops *
    3. Corpses drop pages when resurrected/reanimated/come alive again
    4. Drills can be used when held by a greg to kill the greg
    5. Zombies walking thru platforms
    6. Team spikes can't be broken, that's a pain...
    UNKILLABLE SPIKES, WHAT IS THIS?!?!?! I CANT BREAK A SPIKE GRHUEHGUER
    I'd love to see a ranged zombie c;
    Do you want zf+ maps made?
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 6, 2016 ---
    I disagree with bars on the cannons, if they are anything like they were in the bunnyfection mod, then they'll more or less be spikes with a LoS range and MUCH bigger cooldown times. Orbs would rek, so would the arsonist's mini-meteor, and the necrocancer's summon wraith ability.

10. BarsukEughen555

u cant spawn shit in 1x1 tunnels,and meteors and stuff dont fit there as you launch stuff at around 1.1 height instead of 0.5, also dont forget of how rebuilding shit helps
    orbs maaaay do, but i dont think they will cuz they are uncontrollable so they'll just explodenearby exit, so just leave first 2 blocks of tunnel empty, and you are still good
    survived like 40 maps with those cannons on bunnyfest, OP shit

11. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Zombie pyromancer can burn wherever his mouse is pointed. Even if human's hid inside some bedrock they still wouldn't be safe from Zombie pyromancer. To be clear cannon's don't necessarily have to be added to the mod, they can be left out while other less OP automatic defense turrets are included. I'll add that cannon's were OP in the original bunnyfection, but in this mod your options for dealing with defense turrets are much more diverse. There should be more motivation for people to stick with builder, with all the class variety and a rather default basic builder though that currently isn't the case. Orbs are controllable (they follow your mouse) and would also work and since the cost of automatic defense would be quite steep it'd only be a short matter of time before the chicken builder is corned and out of options.

12. BarsukEughen555

lets test later :^)
    i'll abooz infamous deadtunnels and you'll go harsh zombu on server, lets see how it'll do

13. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

1. wew, never noticed it. I mean, it doesn't really affect them that much heh
    2. whoops
    3. I know, it's what I tried to fix on 1.6.5a, but I haven't been able yet :^/
    4. Lets say it's a happy bug I've noticed since the ancient days :y
    5. I've been too lazy to actually try to fix it. I'llegar have a look onto it tomorrow
    6. It isn't supposed to work that way? I thought you were supposed to break the blocks that supported them. Maybe I spent too much playing classic.

If you want to make new maps, go ahead mate. My original plan was to include 50 or 100 generated maps, but I still have to fix them manually due to kag classic having a different palette for maps. Still, I'll have to generate some bigger maps now with pvp :kappa:

14. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

There was a color code back in the original ZBF mod that allowed you to place the exact location where you wanted the Zombies to spawn from, however if a player went to the spawn location in the map and placed a block there the spawn would be deleted, this could be circumvented somewhat by coloring in a large section of the map so the spawn couldn't possibly be overwritten but this caused the Zombies to spawn wildly (in the sky etc)

Here's probably my most successful attempt at creating a Zombie map

zombiemountain.png

As you can see the green rectangle was the color for setting the spawn manually, zombies would only spawn within that portion of the map. No idea if it's possible or not for you but perhaps a less messy manual spawn that isn't by overwritten could be added to this mod. I also made this particular map like this with the steep hill because Zombie aggro range in that mod was incredibly small so I used the hill to force the Zombies towards the players at the bottom of the hill. i'm not sure how much aggro range Zombies have in this particular mod though. (100% aggro range would be best!)

2 other maps I created:
    ruin2.png
    This one suffered from Zombies getting trapped underground since the tunnels were too thin (they couldn't break through the dirt) which broke this map. I do however remember seeing someone host their own private modified Zombie gamemode and they used this map and their Zombies could break dirt, but the server was located on the other side of the planet or something so i couldn't play.

pirateden2.0.png
    This map also suffered from Zombies getting trapped underground, and suffered because Zombie aggro range was too small.

I think aggro range in this mod is the whole map correct? so that shouldn't be an issue, but Zombies not being able to break dirt and not being able to set a non-messy spawn location for Zombies really does limit what you can and can't create.

PUNK123 likes this.
  15. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

There's actually a color for making zombies spawn, yes. Remember that I'm still using Eanmig's mod as a base after all :y

I don't know why would you want to manually set spawns for zombies thoug, I think the edges are alright for them. Also, they can search all the map and are coded to head to the center, so unless you make messy pits they should be fine.

Last time I saw this maps was on Dark Zombies btw

16. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I think manual spawns for Zombies open up more possibilities for map design, had some idea's i wanted to test but that color code bug made it impossible or messy. I'll probably try my hand at a wide shallow map and see how it goes, the biggest obstacle with wide maps right now is making it so that players can't just dig a dirt pit for zombies to get permanently stuck in.

17. Olimarrex

It really doesn't work that way in KAG beta. Spikes placed on bedrock = impossibru to break.

18. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

That's why I made maps smaller on the first place. I remember we used to play with BunnyFection's maps and zombies got stuck everywhere, lagging the server a lot. I think that now it shouldn't be an issue tho, since zombies now collide between themselves and climb each other.
    Still, I don't want BIG maps, just something slightly bigger (gonna edit and post an example later when I get on my pc).

Yeah, I noticed it. It's fixed now, along with the other issues you posted :y
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 7, 2016 ---
    Well here it is. 180x240 seems like a nice size for me, but I have to test it. Other tempting number might be 160x240

Attached Files:

19. daimyo21

daimyo21 Horde Gibber

@Frikman Great job reviving the zombie fortress mode and adding so much to it. Any plans to incorporate any of my boss mobs from my reduxed version from a couple years back?

Frikman likes this.
  20. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Hi lad! I'd like to work with some stuff from Redux but it's kind of outdated (I couldn't even get it to work), and I personally don't like the bosses sprites (they feel out of place). There's also another problem tho, their AI and scripts are different from the ones I'm using, so that'd be a really big problem :^(