1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

What a shit season.

TheBloodOfNight and Kazaco97 like this.
  2. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Haikyuu!!! 3rd season though

really the only thing I'm looking forward to this season lmao

3. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Just finished darker then black, an awesome underrated anime. Are there any other underrated anime out there that are hard to find bc they're buried in all the new overrated anime?

SirDangalang likes this.
  4. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Isn't exactly underrated, but I don't see it come up in conversation often. I would recommend it personally.

Meanwhile I've been reading Slam Dunk, and started watching Bakuman S2!

joshua12131415 likes this.
  5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I recently finished watching Shirobako. I highly recommend it for any anime-watchers. It gave me a greater appreciation for the people behind anime production, not just the animators/directors. The characters are unique and likable. And while the show is mostly realistic, it doesn't take itself too seriously either. There are several meta jokes, if you know the references.

The designated short anime of the season is TO BE HERO. It meets all my silliness requirements. Not quite as much of a meme as Sekkou Boys or Bananya, but only because its sorta actually good.

joshua12131415 likes this.
  6. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

Yeah, i will finish the season 2 when i will have nothing to do. :p If you want some hidden gems go check the Ghibli studio, they are making movies only if i good remember. (they sometimes help with anime if i good remember) I dont remember much of the not very popular anime but i will try, maybe: Musishi - some people may say its popular actually i dont think so :p Itazura na kiss - its kinda different, the main heroine is so clumsy :p Midori no chibi - maybe its not perfect, but you will never find anime like midori no chibi again :pp Trigun - i loved it :p Aestethica of a rogue hero - its ecchi but :D Btoom ! I loved it, it offended some people they said.... so it got canceled foken insecure Japanese dicks 78787878 Densetsu no Yusha no Densetsu - the plot is kinda dies at some point if i good remember, its amazing dw, and the main char is so badass Skip beat its pretty goood i think, i have 2-3 eps to finish Vampire Knight if you like vampires you will love it. I know i watched some true gems, but watching and remembering shit is different, have fun mate :p

SirDangalang and joshua12131415 like this.
  7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Currently finishing JoJo (halfway last season). Love it, the last season is a huge downgrade from the previous ones thoguh
    Also picked up Kuroko no Basket again (quit after 2 episodes a while back because I really didn't like something but I have it under control now ;) )
    and obviously watching Haikyuu!!!'s third season.

8. TheBloodOfNight

Yeah... Jotaro is the strongest character in jojo atm (he should be) but actually he is some kind of dolphin freak.. god dammit. I like Jojo because MUSCLE and ofc its interesting, but changing main character and killing them every fucking time is sad and annoying... look at Joseph or my fav Jojo, first Jojo. Well, Jojo is still different, its not so cliche and bad (like new anime lol) so im going to finish every Jojo series sooner or later.

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I don't mind changing MC's, it's a very interesting concept IMO and they're doing it well. I just think the last season lacks the amazing story and very fun characters the previous one(s) had, also the art style felt like they tried to reinvent their previous one, but instead it got worse.

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

W0t. I guess you're still in the early stages of the story, but I think your opinion might change by the end.
    It took me some time to get used to the noses, too. But they're just being accurate to Araki's (the author's) changing artstyle. For parts 1-3, they used only the part 3 style. For parts 4-6, I'm guessing they'll use this style. Check out this graphic for an idea of how it changes. Spoilers for future part character appearances (no story spoilers):
    Each row shows the same character, drawn over the duration of their part.
    [​IMG]
    You'll notice that the beginning of part 4 is unrecognizable to the end of part 4. There's another large art shift in part 7, although it's more gradual and less drastic.

I will say, as a manga reader, that one thing I love about JoJo is how each part can be completely different from previous parts. Just embrace the bizarreness, and hype the good hype.

Hawxx and an_obamanation like this.
  11. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

weabs all around; how is this thread still alive lol

12. Mazey

Halfway
    edit: just after a few filler episodes ending with the ghost girl episode, that is

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  13. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

[​IMG]

Also I feel like I'm the only person that isn't watching Jojo atm haha ::P:

Futhermore
    I am convinced that @Fuzzle doesn't really believe this with Keijo on ongoing 78787878

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  14. Mazey

I actually tried Keijo (I don't really watch airing/any shows anymore, unless I'm really interested), and it's pretty good! Not even kidding

SirDangalang likes this.
  15. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

For JoJo, Part 4 is my favourite part so far, love the characters, love the atmosphere, love the battles.

If I had to rate them, this is what it'd look like.

1. Part 4
    2. Part 2
    3. Part 3
    4. Part 1

While Part 1 is my least favourite, I still love it too, I love pretty much all of JoJo (so far) and have high hopes for the future parts.

Gonna miss DiU when it's over...
    But luckily they teased Part 5 in the newest OP so I'm sure we'll see an announcement real soon. :wink:

16. Mazey

For me
    1. Part 3
    2. Part 1&2 (same season, I see them as one thing and as equally good)
    4. Part4

17. TheBloodOfNight

Part 1&2 the same ? How ? Part 1 and 2 are 30 years apart if i good remember. Well... actually i think you can say, that part 1 was kinda like a prelude for the part 2... where me meet the creators of the vampires we saw in the phantom blood
    1. Part 1
    2. Part 3
    3. Part 2
    4. Part 4

18. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Before this thread turns into Jojo General, would like to recommend reading Slam Dunk if you haven't done so already

Magmus and SirDangalang like this.
  19. Mazey

Both are about Hamon, both are the same anime season, and it feels indeed like part 1 an intro/prologue for part 2, which is why I judge them as one thing. This is just my opinion.

20. TheBloodOfNight

I kinda want to see a Kars with a stand as the final enemy or something :p Edit: i made some gifs while i was watching Jojo... but i cant upload any... they are too big =.= maxresdefault.jpg

Mods: BlueLuigi