1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MLK s3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by mcrifel, Nov 3, 2016.

1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

@Stevedog , @_Cuffs_ and myself have discussed MLK s3 but we need to hear the communities opinions about things.

Our current rules are:

- CTF 5 v 5
    - BO3
    - 40 minute timer
    - 120 second build time
    - Intercontinental clan wars will be played 1 match on either regions servers and if there needs to be a third match it will be played on the server of whoever won faster.

now go discuss about the rules!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Ranking System:
    Win = 1 Point
    Draw = 1/2 point
    Loss = 0 points

Top 4 proceed to finals (6-8 teams in league).

Maps are yet to be decided, but we want to move away from S2 Maps.

An Official League thread will be created once rules are confirmed.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    _Cuffs_ and mcrifel like this.
  3. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

Awesome idea lets do it MLL MLK :r_flex:wahooooooooooooooo:flex:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Two minute build time is stupid length imho. A well organised team can get a fucking minecraft castle in that time. One person on sawmill, one on shops, other three flag and it only takes like 20 seconds to set up a sawmill, then he will help with the rest of the base. You wonder why there are stalemates, because both sides have such good defences and if both red and blue have an even skill cap I doubt the game will end in a "fun" way. With the nerf to builders with not being able to shut down tunnels by hitting the shop on a corner block, tunneling will be a much more used strat.

tl;dl:
    More build time = good bases
    Good bases = can't bombjump and / or siege
    No bombjumping = tunneling and / or "lets fucking bomb arrow their base to oblivion" strat 78787878

In all honesty I shouldn't be chucking my two cents left and right. I haven't been in the competitive scene for a long time and the game and meta may have changed whilst I've been gone. GL if MLK works out.

5. mcrifel

1. MIST

120 seconds for build time really isn't that much, infact we lowered the build time from 160 to 120, this was also the case in mlk s1 and the bases really weren't that big.

6. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

I guess there are not enough reliable players for a 5vs5 Tournament. Sooner or later it will be just Chaos because 1 Team isnt online etc.
    If everybody has to pay (maybe 1€) for beeing a part of the Tournament there would be more players who mean business.

7. mcrifel

1. MIST

If a clan doesn't show up its a forfeit, and there are enough clans in KAG to make a 3rd season of MLK work. Now paying money, that is just a no, MLK is free to participate in, in fact every single existing clan is automatically in the MLK.

8. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

And how can you trust every participant? I would like to help you with the third MLK but only if we can trust every Team.

9. mcrifel

1. MIST

I really don't know what you are trying to say with this.

10. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

What exactly do you mean by losses don't mean anything in the beginning? Do you just mean the more clan wars you win the less of an effect losses will have or will there be some sort of ELO system like MLK2 that drops and raises ranking according to the quality of a team? Or do a certain amount of losses simply not count for anything? I think that should be clarified.

I think this a cool idea but it is going to take a lot of work to create a whole new rotation of maps when there are already some quality maps that are still useful in competitive matches. Maybe do a mix of half S2 maps and half new maps??

Also, how will ties be disputed? What happens if no flags have been capped after 40 minutes? I like how ties were broken in S2 because there was a comprehensive and reasonable set of rules set in place to resolve this issue.

Do you mean that whoever wins their match faster gets to have a potential third game on their home server?

11. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

It's hard to write something while listen to music :rektlord:
    Imagine there are 2 Teams. You organize everything for them (enemies, perfect time, etc.) And then they fuck your planing and ruin MLK because they don't come to match day.

12. mcrifel

1. MIST

Before the bracket situation a loss will give no penalty, it gives you 0 points.

A win gives you 1 point, a tie gives both team 1/2 point, at the end of a certain date the 4 clans with the most points go in a bracket situation.

Ties remain in the game however they probably wont happen seeing as its a very small chance that a match can be a tie. And even if it is a tie that is fine, it rewards both team with a half point. We decided on that the mlk s2 even though it had fair rules it broke some of the fun and possible strategies.

yup

13. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

I think something similar was said about ties never happening in S2 but then hat and SURGE ended up tying in semifinals and had to go into extra time twice before the round was decided by ticks. So I suggest this is something you address. Not really sure what "fun" tie breaker rules in S2 broke other than keeping matches fair, quick, and concise for teams.

14. mcrifel

1. MIST

there are only 3 matches where a tie could be a problem that is both semi final games and the final (if the 2 losing teams of the semi finals battle and its a tie they can both be third, thats fine). The odds are very very low of this even happening but lets say it does happen. If this happens playing another game or extra time is a fine solution by me. But if you got any ideas on how to fix this and keep the games bo3 because bo3 is the way to go if you want to have good old fashioned kag clan wars.

15. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Moved to appropriate section. Please post in the correct section next time and be sure to read the stickies and rules.

16. @Gurin - please draw your attention to this link: https://forum.thd.vg/threads/major-...th-of-the-competitive-scene-head-prize.24348/ - and read the first line under "basic stufff". It says build time is 150 seconds, or TWO AND A HALF MINUTES! so this season has the shortest build time of all seasons so far.

@Darknighte9: - if a match is drawn in the finals, a sudden death match will occur where their will be no timer, first team to cap a flag wins.

@Nicuwins - If a team doesn't show at the scheduled time, they automatically forfeit the match, and with all clan wars, they should be recorded and posted like S2 was done.

17. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Hey, just something I'd like to see, in the previous MLK a team (That will remain unnamed) was able to game the system by beating smaller and weaker clans, yet still gaining points. You really need to implement an ELO system where you gain points based on the relative position of other clans, not just by a win / loss ratio.

18. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

But doesn't there come a point where they need to verse a team way better than them? If they have 'gamed the system' they would eventually be put against teams way above their skill level and therefore lose?

19. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

No, they used low-level teams to elevate themselves to the final 4, from there they played against clans matching their skill level. Point is, an ELO system or anti-cheating measures need to be established

20. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

An Elo system is great in theory and stops a lot of the noob farming, but unfortunately people don't wanna lose points. What will happen is FIST will want to fight ARC since FIST are better, but ARC won't want to fight back because they will lose Elo. Instead they will want to fight SF, but SF won't want to fight ARC because they will lose Elo.

If this were something serious, I'd agree that Elo is the way to go. But we have like 3 clans or less per continent, all with varying skill levels, this is a pretty dead game with few clans. If MLK3 is to happen, it needs to happen with a point system or we'll end up with 5 matches in the entire season again.

Also, can we have NA vs. EU matches be BO2 like before? BO3 isn't fair in my opinion, even if one team wins faster to get the third game.