1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

Yup, I am, s'why my name is green in the servers. ;)

Also, I updated the bridge map once again, added bedrock to few locations to strengthen the bridge and background dirt in the arches. Hopefully it keeps it from collapsing as easily.

[CTF]SmallFlarellBridge.png

Noburu likes this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah that level is annoying as fuck when it collapses.

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah it is, but it is fun as hell otherwise!

Rayne likes this.
  4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I agree, the bridge battles are so epic o.o

5. Noburu

Hey Rayne can you shorten up your map a bit its a bit too big for the server. maybe chop some off the outsides?

6. Rayne

sure, I was actually about to get started on updating it.

Noburu likes this.
  7. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

I want to add at this point that due to the nature of this thread (a conversational , almost chat-like style) it will be unmoderated from now on. Otherwise I'd spend a good deal of my time online merging topics, infracting etc. If you need anything explicitly moderated (deleted etc) report it or pm me.

Valkyrie, Baron_Norab and Noburu like this.
  8. Rayne

Alright, so I cut off a bit from both sides, added a bunch more backdirt, replaced the castle walls with backdirt, made semi-tunnels leading to the top of the giant gold deposit for both teams(fighting over gold? ;P), and fixed all the broken trees. Lemme know if there are more issues.
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

9. Noburu

Uploading now.

Rayne likes this.
  10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Damn. We just had the most epic 2 hour match, back and forth, no griefing at all, totally awesome. I was on the red team and we nearly won, but then some asshole griefed the blue team, and destroyed their base. I was pissed. I mean, we were about to legitimately win, and then they get griefed and it ruins the sport of it.

Let me say something to anyone who griefs out there. I have griefed a little bit too, however I never do anything malicious, like destroying their base. The most I've ever done was put some ladders around for easier access for my team. I also NEVER grief a losing team. That's disgusting. They're already behind, why would you make it impossible for them to win? It's sick and malicious. I only grief winning teams, and ONLY if they have a massive undeniable advantage. And by griefing, again, I mean placing ladders around. I don't really do it anymore though, the exception being if someone on the other team poopchronicles is being obnoxious as fuck and irritating me.

Lesson: NEVER GRIEF A LOSING TEAM. IT IS CHILDISH AND POOR SPORT. SERIOUSLY.

11. Noburu

Lets change that to never grief at all. Im itching to swing the ban hammer as it is.

12. Rayne

I agree.
    But on another note, the map seemed to work out fine, and we became embroiled into a war of destroying the fuck out of eachother (: I might remove more bedrock though, it got annoying on the mountain sides, there was way too much there.
    Dunno, I'll think about it.
    I'll prolly start on another map later today for that mapping contest you spoke of, and you can have it for the server if you want.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Putting ladders around for easier access of your own team is stupid, doing it for the other is griefing. Both are bad and deserve a kick/ban IMO. Please, never grief at all, I think it's worse that you can actually reason out that griefing is bad, have been effected by it, but still condone it any sense (winning team).

14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yes, that's why I don't grief anymore. But when I did, ladders were the worst I would do. And ladders can be destroyed in one click by both builders and knights, so it takes like 5 seconds to clean up a ladder grief. On the other hand, griefing a construction and destroying a castle or something destroys sometimes hours worth of work and cannot be repaired and is usually game breaking. The worst is griefing a losing team and destroying their castle, it's pointless and mean.

15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

"I used to kill people, but not babies, the worst is to kill babies, I mean killing regular people is bad, but killing babies? it's pointless and mean."

I think this topic has devolved sufficiently :)

Valkyrie, Noburu, Rayne and 1 other person like this.
  16. forehead

forehead Shipwright

Libretist and BlueLuigi are dicks. Banned with no explanation. They were moaning all game about how bad their team was, then they reset the map mid game and i get a ban... nice nerd rage.

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Maybe if the team took the time to be a team and communicate then they wouldn't have had to do that lol.

18. forehead

forehead Shipwright

Cool story bro, thought it was just a game.

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

20. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

That's a lot of derp in a single post. (not yours, the "VIDYA GAMES ARE ART" blurb)

Video games aren't art, they are interactive entertainment, same as any other sort of game thought up by man. Baseball, basketball, soccer (lol i'm amurican), football, etc. aren't counted as art either. You can add all the superlatives and extra adjectives you want to the front, they are still games. End of story.

Did they give any warnings before they banned you/were you doing anything wrong?

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.