1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MLK s3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by mcrifel, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

drama already
    [​IMG]

2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I think it would be a good solution to add a poll for the building time. Though I personally think that 120 seconds is a good amount.

The other day my clan was supposed to clan war against FIST but because of psiklaw needing to do some family stuff we didn't do it. We ended up doing a fun match with arc going up against a bunch of random folk who happened to be in the server, including some fist. The server was using the current MLK s3 rules and I think that the 120 second build time put a lot of pressure and stopped bases from becoming too big, it was basically impossible to get everything done and our tower was very lacking. I feel that if we lower the time we won't get anything done at all while if we make it higher the bases will become bigger and stronger and stalemates will start being a thing.

Also, keep the bashing/defending AG and other useless matters out of this thread, this is to discuss the MLK rules.

3. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

stop being on the defensive when I speak of your clan, this is a game ... if we can not even talk quietly ...
    it's ok, excuse me if I have been a bit rude with you. I had not seen your message like this
    ahhhh no everything is ok man,
    I would not write more post on the forum, or I'll try to be a bit less rude x)
    you are surge traitor ;)
    (guardy, malfu, lum, damo are still alive too let's reform the AG for fun :p)
    totally agree man !:thumbs_up:
    yea yea it's ok buddy^^ let's talk about mlkS3 ;)
    petit fist Ag pour deconner sa te dit ? :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  4. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Personally I liked the mlk2 rules. But I don't believe anything is perfect and if someone has ideas that might make the league more fair/fun we should totally talk about it. You get me?

5. technoteddy303

technoteddy303 Haxor

I'm with Rampage and Snake about keeping the rule similar to mlk2 just so these are smooth

6. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I thought MLK 2 was delightful for the most part. The ELO system was a tad abusive and needed a 'lil work, but it didn't really change much in the end. Other than that, all the other rules were optimal.

7. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

STABLISH A VOTE FORTHE PEASANTS TO CHOOSE THEIR DEMISE

8. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I can agree with this. Always room for improvement and if we base it around S2 rules, we could get somewhere.

9. mcrifel

1. MIST

10. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  11. mcrifel

1. MIST

I personally want BO3 everywhere but many would disagree thats why there is a poll.

12. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

if there is a bo3 everywhere, on intercontinental matchs, a team will have an advantage for the 3rd match of ping.
    And you know that's caused a lot of problems in the 1st mlk that's why Spidey changed the rule ... :/

13. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

If it is a best of three for international matches, the match should be played on a midway server, for example the us vs Aus would be played on EU

14. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

have you checked the difference in ping? :P

15. mcrifel

1. MIST

sounds pretty fair to me.

16. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

But the team who won faster would win 90% of the time anyway so what's the point? In that case, it should just be a tie. One team winning slightly faster on their server shouldn't mean a win...

17. @EveryoneWhoPostedHere - i think the best solution for the 3rd match for US vs AU/EU games is to have it at a neutral location, that's why i suggested to @mcrifel that we need a server hosted somewhere in asia (Japan is most likely); that way both teams have relatively equal ping, and we wont have to bitch anymore about BO2/BO3 or fair ping for both teams.

I also want to point out that the current method we have of determining who hosts the 3rd round, based of who won their round faster, is essentially the same thing done with the tick system in S2, except instead of determing a winner for the match, it determines who hosts the 3rd round.

18. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Humm yea good idea man ! but we will need a lot of servers ...hosted everywhere in the world if it's a EU vs US where is the midway server ? In the atlantique ?

19. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

we should make a kickstarter for a small boat filled with 2-3 servers, a satellite antenna and provisions, one of the admins can go in there and live for 1-2 weeks in the middle of the ocean making sure the servers work. We can triangulate the ideal position to be equally distant from EU and USA and then maybe reposition it for AUS matches. This is the conceptual prototype:
    [​IMG]

20. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Azores resident anyone?