1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official KAG Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Jul 25, 2014.

1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Proven liar lol ::):

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Do not mute anyone for "unprovoked vulgarity"

all the other shit is hesaid shesaid and i could give no fucks but admins do not have the right to mute people because the person responded with mean words("go fuck your mother" is a perfectly fine statement ingame(though abit rude) and you shouldnt be allowed to mute over something like that).

3. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Cursing is love:heart:, cursing is life:rekt:.

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Warning should come before mute or kick,in my opinion, not right after. This said, some players earn their cold-served dishes like everyday hah.

5. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

admins should be atleast a little bit respected, and if a admin ask a player something and he gets such a respond, because troll, a mute is a good response.

6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

it's hard to respect them when they say "quit your shit" and cuss but will mute you for something similiar. also it's hard to respect them when they say a good placed trap is grief because they can't jump above it. also it's hard to respect them when all of them go inactive after 3 months of being admin. also it's hard to respect them when some of them are arrogant af and think they're superior only because they're admin.

7. PUNK123

Some things are so blatant that they dont need warnings.
    No it isnt. Your job is to moderate the server, not have your feelings protected.

Being rude to an admin should never be a viable excuse for a mute(stick to needing real reasons).

8. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Haxor Tester

"You doing something bad after the event excuses my inappropriate mute"

grow a brain.

awww poor snookums got his knickers in a twist :((((((((((((((((((((

No. You should be treated like anyone else. You are not gods and you are not all powerful.

Also, I'd like to mention that Coroz is one of the absolute worst for muting when he feels offended or doesn't like someone. I have to constantly be on alert when Coroz is on the server because I knew he will mute me if I'm just chilling and having fun.

Fucking this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  9. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Gunslinger acted incorrectly in this situation according to the rules given to admins, we're not allowed to mute someone until multiple people complain (even then we have to freeze and warn) or unless they spam/flood chat.

10. Amrrrica

Amrrrica Builder Stabber Staff Alumni

Like I said, 10 min mute was a bit pre-mature. But I asked for a response as to what was being done, and got unprovoked hostility. Mute resolves that issue quickly with no impact to gameplay.
    Approximately 6 minutes later was the kick, for direct greifing, While he griefed the team and I stopped to deal with him, our flag was grabbed and the match was lost.
    My understanding is that the Admins should be doing their jobs to maintain the normal flow of gameplay, and minimize impact from disruptive players so that everyone else can enjoy themselves.
    That said, I stand by my actions.

11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Haxor Tester

Except the chatting in KAG is as much of the fun as playing to some people. No one was negatively impacted by his response and your question was terrible.

12. PUNK123

You do realize that, even in pubs, kag is a multiplayer game where communication is semi-required. That is one of the main reasons why "un-needed vulgarity" is a bs justification.

Again that bit is irrelevant because the issue is hesaid shesaid(because we werent there we cant decide what actually happened). You both agree on what happened with the mute though so we can discuss that.

These general statements of what admins should do(minimize disruptive players, maintain the flow of gameplay) all sound great but we have actual rules for that(and one of those is not muting for "un-needed vulgarity").

13. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

It should not be one rule for the playerbase and one rule for the admins. A player should be able to say anything to an admin (in reason). It's a human right of free speech. Being in a seat of power should not govern if you can mute someone because they swore at you.

If it is the case, then every player should have the ability to server wide mute the players, without a warning.

Saying something to an admin does not deserve a server wide mute, instead the admin should have ignored the player or quite simply, get a thicker skin.

14. cincoscuencas

cincoscuencas Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Freedom of speech, freedom of speech, then some of you get offended ha.

Does it mean the freedom of speech has no boundaries at all?

Don't you have any laws or legislations for cyberbullying, verbal harrassment, and as such in your own countries?

Admins should have a thicker skin, but aren't we humans as well who have feelings? Don't we have the right to feel bad?

Probably you will say "you shouldn't be admin if you can't handle swearing", but don't we have a breaking point, or a limit on how much shit we can handle?

"Go fuck your mother" - What if you said this to a player who's mother just passed away recently?

Also, I do swear, but I do keep it in check.

What I am trying to say is there needs to be a balance. Yes you can swear but don't expect no one will be offended.

You can have your freedom of speech but it does not mean it wouldn't have any consequences. If someone swears at me directly in the face I'd probably punch his guts. Also most of you can only do that in KAG (or under the safety of the internet) anyway but don't have the balls to do it in real life.

Have a read on the following links below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-years-verbal-physical-abuse-classmates.html

http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/verbal-abuse/effects-of-verbal-abuse-on-children-women-and-men/

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  15. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

You are one of the few people i actualy muted, its just because you spam the chat like crazy(sometimes 20+ times the same thing). and have a very big mouth ingame. also your minor griefs doesnt help either.

16. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Well, technically freedom of speech doesn't have a boundary. For instance, you are not allowed to draw Muhammad in Islam, but do people still do it? Yes. This happened in France, and the consequence was that they were killed. But can you get killed for saying "Go fuck your mother" to someone totally random on the internet? Highly doubtful. Instead of killing people, one should talk to the people that do it. For instance, if you do happen to feel hurt by the statement above, then you should say "Hey X, could you stop referring to my mother? She passed away a week ago and it is hurtful to me", and then one can understand that it is wrong. That is how it should be.

So get over it folks, both Gunslinger and Daskew overreacted in my opinion. No one is perfect.

17. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

And what am I supposed to do with all of you guys? Tell me.
    I've read everything, looked through provided logs (not ones from the servers itself, couldn't be bothered to get those). My opinion? It's the usual war between admins and users. It will happen everywhere. Everywhere where there is some kind of hierarchy. So, @Amrrrica made a mistake (a minor one if you ask me). Then @daskew87 started war over nothing, I'd just let it slide in his place but he chose otherwise. Others joined up because why not?

To be honest I don't know how to resolve it at the moment. I'm letting the discussion to go on because it's important one but let's stop blaming each other for mistakes made. Because they were made on both sides. I don't want to take any actions against any of the parties. I don't see a point in it. Of course, my loyalties lay with Admins, they're kind of "my kids". And every time something like that happens I feel personally responsible for all of this. So if you want to really blame some one - blame me. :)

18. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Haxor Tester

I do definitely agree with that, but having a joke is different to deliberately harassing or bullying someone. If I said 'fuck your mother' to someone without knowing their mother passed away, and then they said so, I would say sorry. It's pretty obvious you'd do that. Dask wasn't harassing or bullying so please be quiet with that bullshit. Thanks.

"You are one of the few people i actualy muted"

Case and point, muting me because you don't like me.

Also I never grief anymore so leave that excuse out of it. Thanks.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 28, 2016 ---
    Remove all the terrible admins, lol. Start with this Amrrrica guy, he is still trying to justify his actions when he is in the wrong.

19. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

i just want the inactive ones removed

20. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Guys, we've undergone such thing as admin culling quite recently.