1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

is avatar anime ? if so , this is my only anime experience , kinda liked it

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

It's not technically, because it was made by westerners. But it was heavily influenced by anime. In fact, it's hard to find animated work that is purely western/Japanese, because of the easy access to each other's material. Many other modern cartoons have been inspired by anime. In fact, Steven Universe had a whole episode that was a collaboration with a Japanese anime studio.

3. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

I never re watch anime because i never know if there is a better anime that i could be watching instead of wasting my time on one that i have already watched.

And, i will give this to all the anime haters i know whenever they start hating anime :P

4. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  5. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

This season is saved by Fune wo Amu.
    It's a masterpiece within its genre.

6. asger75

asger75 Haxor

But it was animated in south Korea, nearly all anime nowadays is animated in south Korea...
    so that brings the tough question, Is Avatar an anime?

7. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

Deathnote
    Attack on titan
    Sword art online
    Full metal alchimist brotherhood

8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

It's a pointless argument that only depends on what criteria you use to define anime. Who drew the animation isn't very important for my definition. Avatar was written by Americans, for Americans, in English. For me that makes it not anime.
    Source?

joshua12131415 likes this.
  9. TheBloodOfNight

Source?[/QUOTE]
    Recently i noticed a lot of cgi, sometimes entire models, sometimes just backgrounds. Making anime is expensive, cgi is everywhere now. CGI is not all that bad, berserk movies were crazy good, using cgi is fine, as long as you keep it in its reins. People from Japan mastered cgi to its core, you cant tell the difference sometimes, but the less popular full of cgi (bad cgi) series, might be from south Korea, i mean the bad, poorly animated new series, making anime is hard... but cmon... Post Hong Gil-dong, the animators realised that the best way to earn a living while pursuing their passion was through working for the two biggest animation markets – the US and the Japan. Beginning from the seventies, Korean animation studios directed their efforts to creating the base for the animation shows: backgrounds, character sketches, and other kinds of raw animation. The result was that the Korean market began to attract work from the big studios. This led to big money flowing into the industry. The work produced was of high quality at an economical budget. <--------------------- EKHEM EKHEM

10. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

11. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Anime is animated in korea as it's cheaper, while in japan they create the storyboards.
    nearly every anime you'll see is animated in Korea except for;
    Ghibli films and older anime,
    Mad house- although based in japan has there anime animated in Korea
    so that means all your one punches and shit
    funimation does the same, along with other major anime nowadays
    in fact every cartoon you see anywhere is normally animated in Korea now,
    you could of saved me writing this by looking it up you cunt,
    thanks

12. ParaLogia

Do you know what "Source" means? It doesn't mean reword the point, it means link me to a source (e.g. an article). I think Blood tried to reference a source, but dear god is that unreadable.

I don't care enough to search myself, but I would care to click on a link if someone else cared enough to post one.

I think Kyoto Animation does everything in-house too.

13. TheBloodOfNight

You dont care enough to search for yourself, but you will call my view, and kinda attempt to explain it.... unreadable ? Thanks a lot, i checked it on wiki for myself after all. The things i typed wrong... well are wrong, but the red text copied from wiki... eveyon would understand it. I even made some of it green, to show something interesting. If you cant understand why is "economical budget" Green.... then..... i dont even want to explain it... sigh. Next time we will remember to provide a link for our princess :heart: dw.

14. ParaLogia

Of course I read and understood what you posted, but it was a chore because of your formatting choices. Let's ignore the fact that you failed to properly quote my post, first of all.

Your posts would benefit greatly from line breaks. Transitioning colors halfway into a paragraph to indicate a quote is jarring and intuitive. There are so many better ways to indicate a quote--even just using quotation marks (""). And it doesn't help when you change the last few words of the quote to yet another color--as emphasis? We have bold and italics for that. And then you keep that same color when you write a comment that isn't from the quoted material. Not to mention the unnecessary arrow that doesn't appear properly on my window and extends onto the next page . . .

There are so many things about your formatting that bother me. I know a lot of people don't care about what they put online, but I like things to look somewhat professional. I know we're so off-topic, and I want to delete everything I've typed, but I'm holding on to the small hope that I get you to understand the difference made by formatting.

Line breaks are healthy because you don't know what your paragraphs look like on someone else's screen. Any chunk of text can be made approachable by dividing it into pieces.

Lastly, my request for a source wasn't because I didn't understand the concept of Korean animation being cheaper, but because I wanted to see the source of these facts, to verify them. Again, I just needed a single link.

If you have anything else to say about this, send it to me privately.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    For the sake of the topic, I have a discussion prompt: Do you guys read manga? If so, do you prefer manga series over anime adaptations of those series? Or do you even bother watching something you've already read?

I like seeing manga animated, but sometimes I get bored of watching things when I know exactly what happens. For example, I skimmed through Assassination Classroom's 2nd season, just to watch the "good parts". I'm faithful to JoJo though--I don't even skip the OPs and EDs.

Sytoplasma likes this.
  15. TheBloodOfNight

No matter how much like reading you cant deny, that with anime you can achieve way more. You can hear not only voices of your favorite characters, but also amazing soundtracks + your favorite fights animated. Skipping something is never a good idea, manga and anime are two different things, not a single anime is following manga in 100%. Anime is always a new experience, after all sometimes anime is changing not only small details, but sometimes whole storylines. ​

joshua12131415 likes this.
  16. asger75

asger75 Haxor

It isn't off topic cuz we're talking about anime in the "anime general"
    you realise you're slowly losing your horse shit argument and want to get out of it,
    stop being a stubborn cunt and look it up for yourself
    LITERALLY FUCKING TYPE: "ANIME ANIMATED IN KOREA"
    IF YOU'RE TOO RETARDED TO UNDERSTAND HERE'S A LINK I FOUND IN 20 SECONDS YOU STUBBORN FUCK,
    http://variety.com/2012/digital/news/japanese-companies-outsourcing-anime-1118049388/
    Using your intelligence as the main base for your argument never works, you need facts that you found, you don't seem professional at all; you're a fucking weeb on the internet, you probably sleep with a fuckin' body pillow and have stacks on stacks of manga on your shelf

17. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

i've been looking for older shows because i haven't watched anything these last few seasons.

why has no one told me about Amagami SS; this is some comfy-tier romance and it has every girl's route involved to top it off.

18. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Kazaco97 likes this.
  19. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Watch Code Geass if you haven't already Yagger

It just depends on the adaptation for me. I found the recent Gray-Man arcs to be confusing so the anime cleared up what I couldn't see in each frame. On the other hand, Shokugeki seemed to drag on for me as I already knew the results of the competition and just wanted them to move onto the next arc.

I just read the manga after the show airs so it generally isn't a problem for me.

You complain about professionalism and yet do not answer kindly yourself. I think there was just a miscommunication between Para and Bloody as Bloody's native language probably isn't English. Thanks for the link regardless.

@Lawrence_Shagsworth It'll come out when No Game No Life gets a second season.

ParaLogia and asger75 like this.
  20. TheBloodOfNight

Ikr. Normal person would simply look it up. If you lack knowledge, go look it up, its not our fault, that you dont know it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    asger75 likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi